• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels How about Tombstone?

Sarcastic Fan

King of Hell
Reaction score
The movies took some inspiration from the 90s toon in how they handled Venom. Kingpin is off limits since he was in "Daredevil". So, how about some Spectacular influence?

L. Thompson Lincoln aka Tombstone aka the Big Man. It would bring us a very powerful crime lord, as well as an excuse to have one or two C-List villains in his employ.

Played of course by Keith David.

I wouldn't mind but i wouldn't want him as the Main bad guy

I don't think Tombstone would work to well in a Spidey film. I mean, he's an awesome Villian and he was used perfectly in TSSM show, but I don't think he would fit with the comic book film world. Atleast not as the main Villian.

I don't think Tombstone would work to well in a Spidey film. I mean, he's an awesome Villian and he was used perfectly in TSSM show, but I don't think he would fit with the comic book film world. Atleast not as the main Villian.
because...?

because...?
The Spider-Man films usually have super powered Villians that have vertigo battles with Spider-Man. Now, I'm not saying he couldn't work, I'm just saying I don't think he would work great as a main Villian. As a side Villian? Most likely, but a main Villian wouldn't be the best way to go.

The movies took some inspiration from the 90s toon in how they handled Venom. Kingpin is off limits since he was in "Daredevil". So, how about some Spectacular influence?

L. Thompson Lincoln aka Tombstone aka the Big Man. It would bring us a very powerful crime lord, as well as an excuse to have one or two C-List villains in his employ.

Too bad Samuel l. Jackson is getting too old for this
I always picture him as tombstone or deathlock…

Y'know, I really like that. He is extremely badass and a great character in SSM and considering how much the movies influence that, they should take notes from the show too (they took a lot of the symbiote/Brock stuff from TAS).

As for saying "you can only use supervillains in the movies," that is very close minded. Heaven forbid they try something different. Maybe Tombstone could hire Kraven to take out Spidey and the Lizard could figure into it somehow. Nolan did a great job interrweaving between the mobsters and "freaks" of Gotham City in the new Batman movies.

^^ Doing that would be great, but what I meant was that Tombstone being Spideys' main Villian that he has to fight is not a good idea. As you said, Tombstone hiring Kraven would be a fantastic thing. :up:

No to Tombstone.

Maybe Tombstone could hire Kraven to take out Spidey and the Lizard could figure into it somehow. Nolan did a great job interrweaving between the mobsters and "freaks" of Gotham City in the new Batman movies.
Three super-powered villains, have we learned nothing?

Batman villains don't require origins, or if they do, they don't have them in the new films. Let's see Nolan try three villains like Mr. Freeze, Clayface and Man-Bat, then come talk to me. Mobsters won't work in the these Spidey films, unfortunately.

Tombstone could be background. Batman Begins had Carmine Falcone, Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow. The Dark Knight will have The Joker, Two-Face and Maroni. X2 had three distinct major villains with Magneto, Stryker and Mystique.

Yes, one of them is always less developed or more shadowy and that would be Tombstone, but it can work. Granted if Raimi is back then I'd say no as he obviously has trouble balancing really large stories with lots of characters. But it could work. Tombstone doesn't have to be a street fighting supervillain with a lot of screentime like the ones in SM3.

if he is as badass as the Spectacular one, then yeah.
but make him like he was until The Invisible Hand, a mysterious man, who Spidey discovers near the end, is pwned by him, rejects the offer and goes away, knowing that a new villain is already in town.
then Tombstone can be more developed in movie 5.

I wouldn't mind Tombstone, but understand, he is not aka, the Big Man... that's Folsworth.

That guy from the Allstate commercials, I forget his name, I think he would make a great Tombstone. He also played the president on that show 24. Anyone agrees?

not really a fan of the way he's use as "the Big Man" in the new cartoons
he was just a thug for hire for the most part in the comics, and that's how I like him

why this show turn him in to a crime boss, IDK

but, if there were to be a crime lord, type character to be introduce to the movies,(since Kingpin, is out) i'd prefer it to be Slivermare (ideally played by Donald Sutherland imo)

Tombstone could work, but, as the thug enforcer type, and only as a secondary villain

That guy from the Allstate commercials, I forget his name, I think he would make a great Tombstone. He also played the president on that show 24. Anyone agrees?
Yeah, I remember seeing that commercial ALOT. His voice is perfect for Tombstone.

In the comics, yeah. In the show, Tombstone is the Big Man.
though he never confirmed that.
I was watching The Invisible Hand again, yesterday, and Tombstone kept talking about Big Man as if he was another person.

though he never confirmed that.
I was watching The Invisible Hand again, yesterday, and Tombstone kept talking about Big Man as if he was another person.

He referred to his Big Man persona in third person, so Spidey doesn't have anything to prove he's the Big Man. He was being clever.

I think he would work great in a Spidey film like he was portrayed in Spectacular Spider-man. As kind of,a man "behind the scenes." Maybe helping to create super villains to help take Spidey down? Something like that would be cool. I couldn't really see him as a main villain,however.

Tombstone could be the Falcone of the Spiderman Franchise......someone who pulls the strings in the background.
This would definitely make the Spidey Movies more Complex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"