The L. Thompson Lincoln alias Tombstone alias Big Man Fan Thread

wo ist die kino? :)

i speak a couple of other languages, nothing really good though

Haha, cool. A very important question every tourist should be able to ask.

So you do speak a little German and what else? :) (oha, I know it's off-topic...)

Last edited:
a lil french, 'some' english', and yoruba (nigerian dialect)

so who here thinks that tombstone should have beaten spidey again in their final confrontation.

I think the show should have made him the one person spidey couldn't take down in a fight.

like i said before, peter parker interacts with bullies in school and uses his spiderman persona to vex those actions. How great would it be if he had the big man mimmic that interaction to cause him to get more frustrated.

damn, now i could imagine an all out war between symbiote spidey and the big man. NOw that would have been awesome.

considering the amount of time invested in the symbiote in this show, when we got down to it, it left us wanting. Maybe they invested in too many supervillains too soon?

I would have been happy with a set of five over the course of the first two series.

goblin
ock
big man
rhino
sandman
(keep hammer head and enforcers though and the venom symbiote)

not sure how much, electro, venom, kraven, lizard, silvermane, silver sable, molten man, mysterio, vulture, shocker and the rest really added to the show

sometimes less is definitely more. But credit to them, they crammed quite alot of stuff in (especially normal parker life), into two seasons, that's quite a big feat.

What they did with Tombstone in this series had to be one of the best improved adaptations on an existing character from the comics. I loved him. He was respected as a powerful businessman yet was feared in the underworld. That first meeting with Spidey damn near gave me chills. I was really looking forward to a continuation of this show and where they were taking his character with new threats looming.

a lil french, 'some' english', and yoruba (nigerian dialect)

Ça va? :yay: Wow, that's a lot.

so who here thinks that tombstone should have beaten spidey again in their final confrontation.

I think the show should have made him the one person spidey couldn't take down in a fight.

like i said before, peter parker interacts with bullies in school and uses his spiderman persona to vex those actions. How great would it be if he had the big man mimmic that interaction to cause him to get more frustrated.

damn, now i could imagine an all out war between symbiote spidey and the big man. NOw that would have been awesome.

considering the amount of time invested in the symbiote in this show, when we got down to it, it left us wanting. Maybe they invested in too many supervillains too soon?

I would have been happy with a set of five over the course of the first two series.

goblin
ock
big man
rhino
sandman
(keep hammer head and enforcers though and the venom symbiote)

not sure how much, electro, venom, kraven, lizard, silvermane, silver sable, molten man, mysterio, vulture, shocker and the rest really added to the show

sometimes less is definitely more. But credit to them, they crammed quite alot of stuff in (especially normal parker life), into two seasons, that's quite a big feat.

I think Tombstone should have beaten Spidy again, too. Or at least he shouldn't have act against his character. I will never understand why they make him act like that in Gangland...

Your old post is a great one, I have nothing to ad:

The idea of spiderman being in a similar school position to peter parker with tombstone being the big jock that society loves and can do no wrong is a great one. It also plays well against eddie being a bully like figure.

I've always like the idea of an empowered peter being effectively as powerless to stop crime as parker is from stopping the stupid laws of high school

And to that "sometimes less is definitely more" I just can agree. To me, they showed to much vallains one after the other. But maybe it's because they were afraid, they will not get enough seasons so they try to put in as much as possible?

Hm..I am not sure...A battle with Black-Spidy and Tombstone? I think he would prefer work beneath Tombs like they hint in that ep when Symbiote-Spidy asked for the job offering...

What they did with Tombstone in this series had to be one of the best improved adaptations on an existing character from the comics. I loved him. He was respected as a powerful businessman yet was feared in the underworld. That first meeting with Spidey damn near gave me chills. I was really looking forward to a continuation of this show and where they were taking his character with new threats looming.

:up: I agree. The first confrontation is on my favourite cartoon-scene-list for ever.

I think Tombstone should have beaten Spidy again, too. Or at least he shouldn't have act against his character. I will never understand why they make him act like that in Gangland...

Well he didn't know if Ock was conscious or not. And Spidey had been a thorn in the big man's side for too long, so he saw an opportunity. And if he did manage to kill Spider-Man, then he could just lay the blame on Ock. I mean who was gonna believe Ock saying Tombstone killed Spidey, after Tombs saved Spidey in front of everyone. Sure there would be a short period of suspicion, but thats nothing his greatest lackies can't handle, "His lawyers".:oldrazz:

Also you could do worse than having your first loss consisting of opera music in the background. The only thing that disappoints me now about that fight is that the violence didn't come across very well in the animation during that fight. (those pipes he used to hit him with should've hurt LIKE HELL, but it looked as if he was getting hit by rubber pieces instead).

Also Greg said the fight in his opinion wasn't a "clean victory" for Spidey. When Spidey was laying flat from the pipe shots, Tombs took his sweet time in dealing a final blow to Spidey instead of doing it swiftly. He gave Spidey time to get a 2nd wind and it was costly for him.
Tombstone underestimated Spidey in their 2nd bout. Just like Spidey underestimated Tombs in their first bout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"