How 'bout a Gears Of War Movie adaptation?

hippie_hunter said:
I know that, but hasn't it been postponed indefinetly now?

But based on the track record of video game movie suckage (100%), do you honestly think it'll be good? Hell, Konami was involved in the Silent Hill movie and look at how that turned out.
Indefinitely? No, it's still going forward, they're just changing distributors.

WhatsHisFace said:
Indefinitely? No, it's still going forward, they're just changing distributors.

Oh, any takers yet?

And my question, do you actually think that a Halo movie will be good? Gears of War? God of War? Metal Gear Solid? Castlevania? Alice? Postal? Hitman?

My answer is no to all of them. The studios will find a way to fudge them all up.

hippie_hunter said:
Oh, any takers yet?

And my question, do you actually think that a Halo movie will be good? Gears of War? God of War? Metal Gear Solid? Castlevania? Alice? Postal? Hitman?

My answer is no to all of them. The studios will find a way to fudge them all up.
Do I think those game movies will be good? I don't know. I do know that they have potential to be good, just like Halo.

I think Halo will be a good movie. Peter Jackson, WETA, and a director, Neil Blomkamp, who was chosen because his vision impressed them so much, plus, Microsoft and Bungie are really defensive over this whole thing, along with the Halo story actually being a good one.

I enjoyed the Doom and Resident Evil movies, even if it was in a guilty pleasure kinda way....

I thought there were parts of Doom which were handled very well, and some that were done quite poorly, but overall I enjoyed watching the movie.

WhatsHisFace said:
I thought there were parts of Doom which were handled very well, and some that were done quite poorly, but overall I enjoyed watching the movie.

Doom is the least crappy video game movie, followed by Mortal Kombat. Those two are the only ones that are watchable.

However, I will admit that the Rock and the FPV in the movie were rather cool.

WhatsHisFace said:
Not for the first two hours... :(

Yeah, it was good until the point they got inside that church, after which it went so dangerously downhill, it's scary. I honestly can't imagine a perfectly decent film being so badly ruined by it's last 20 or so minutes.

Seriously, all they needed to do was have Pyramid Head slice his way into the church, kill the "bad guys", have some other crazy stuff happen just to distract us from the devil overtones of the one woman's daughter, and then have them LEAVE Silent Hill instead of pretending Silent Hill is Purgatory or some variation.

I thought it blew chunks from the get go. It looked good, but was a boring, plotless mess that was badly acted. Ten minutes into it, I knew it was going to be an ordeal to sit through it.

WhatsHisFace said:
Seriously, all they needed to do was have Pyramid Head slice his way into the church, kill the "bad guys", have some other crazy stuff happen just to distract us from the devil overtones of the one woman's daughter, and then have them LEAVE Silent Hill instead of pretending Silent Hill is Purgatory or some variation.

It is supposed to be purgatory though.....that was the one thing they did kinda try and stick to from the games.

I don't think Silent Hill is actually supposed to be purgatory. The endings (at least of Silent Hill 2) had it in the real world, and he was able to leave.

Besides, Purgatory is a Catholic thing and the Japanese are heathen Bhuddists.

WhatsHisFace said:
I don't think Silent Hill is actually supposed to be purgatory. The endings (at least of Silent Hill 2) had it in the real world, and he was able to leave.

Besides, Purgatory is a Catholic thing and the Japanese are heathen Bhuddists.

Yeah you can leave silent hill, but you had to ''earn'' it so to speak, so it was more or less purgatory.

All I know is that Silent Hill needs to get it's shee-it together after Resident Evil 4 spanked it with a cheese grater.

Silent Hill 1 and 2 were good, but there's no Silent Hill better than RE4.

Horrorfan said:
Silent HIll, however, TOTALLY blew.
My brother loaned me his copy and I started to watch it today....about a half hour into it I got distracted with something (I think it was my snoring)....I'll try to finish it tomorrow.

C. Lee said:
My brother loaned me his copy and I started to watch it today....about a half hour into it I got distracted with something (I think it was my snoring)....I'll try to finish it tomorrow.

Don't bother. It really doesn't get any better :(

C. Lee said:
Just see the parts with Pyramid Head.

WhatsHisFace said:
Just see the parts with Pyramid Head.
Oh...I'll watch the whole thing (no movie beats me into submission)....it just seemed derivative at the beginning and didn't grab me at first, so when something else popped up, I just put it aside. I like Laurie Holden...so I'll watch to see what happens to her.

C. Lee said:
Oh...I'll watch the whole thing (no movie beats me into submission)....it just seemed derivative at the beginning and didn't grab me at first, so when something else popped up, I just put it aside. I like Laurie Holden...so I'll watch to see what happens to her.
There's nothing really clinching in the movie, but I must say it's one of the few horror movies I've seen that didn't have too many things that cracked me up.

I've never played the game...so I don't know if it's just trying to be like it or what.....but the little CGI burning thingies chasing her wasn't scary at all. I hope something better shows up later.

At the end of it, I was mortified. No kidding, the recent DOA, as bad as it is, was more watchable than the pile of crap that was silent hill. It's the worst movie I have seen in theatres in a long, long time.

DOA came out?

I thought Silent Hill was okay until the last thirty minutes or so. Barb-wire rape, people on fire, random crap... all very lame and it wasn't even tied together with a story.

WhatsHisFace said:
DOA came out?

I thought Silent Hill was okay until the last thirty minutes or so. Barb-wire rape, people on fire, random crap... all very lame and it wasn't even tied together with a story.

Been and gone in the UK. It sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"