Xbox The Official Gears of War Thread

I completed the campaign of Gears Tactics. Definitely fun for anyone who likes an XCom style game applied to the Gears universe. Now time to play on Insane difficulty!

Well, with the mess the world is in, I got laid off and Had plenty of time to play. I ended up re-upping twice and Getting to Major General Rank. Not bad. Never re-upped on anything before. Still playing a little...kind of want that "General" rank and Achievement.

I wonder if gears of war was ever gonna release on Ps3 before mS acquired it.

Well, with the mess the world is in, I got laid off and Had plenty of time to play. I ended up re-upping twice and Getting to Major General Rank. Not bad. Never re-upped on anything before. Still playing a little...kind of want that "General" rank and Achievement.
Sorry to hear about your job mate. Nice on Gears. General doesn’t take long if you do all the dailies (including getting an extra one for free every day and then focus on the medals you’re closest to unlocking. It was much harder at launch than it is now.

Sorry to hear about your job mate. Nice on Gears. General doesn’t take long if you do all the dailies (including getting an extra one for free every day and then focus on the medals you’re closest to unlocking. It was much harder at launch than it is now.
It's all good! I actually got a BETTER job closer to home about 2 weeks after I got laid off. Hit General on Sunday!! Woohoo!

It's all good! I actually got a BETTER job closer to home about 2 weeks after I got laid off. Hit General on Sunday!! Woohoo!
Oh awesome!! Congrats! And nice on general too lol.

Oh awesome!! Congrats! And nice on general too lol.

Thanks! Yeah, I've gotta say that I enjoy everything more on Gears 5 than I did on Gears 4. I didn't dislike G4, but I was very lukewarm to it compared to the first 3....and they're all better than Judgement.

Thanks! Yeah, I've gotta say that I enjoy everything more on Gears 5 than I did on Gears 4. I didn't dislike G4, but I was very lukewarm to it compared to the first 3....and they're all better than Judgement.
I don’t like the 2 new games quite as much as the original 3 but Judgment is definitely in last place! Hopefully Gears 6 can get back to the top.

I don’t like the 2 new games quite as much as the original 3 but Judgment is definitely in last place! Hopefully Gears 6 can get back to the top.

The original trilogy was gas, man! Part three had the best boss death with Marcus and Queen Myrrah. Love feeling the controller vibrate when you give her Dom's knife. Also...saddened every time I have to see Dom's fate again. But...this is the one with the best story of any of them, so it has to be replayed!

Just finished my final achievement on Gears 5. I'll start focusing on Gears Tactics on Insane whenever I get free. Hopefully within a month or so.

It's been a while but am playing Gears 5. I had forgotten how much I suck in MP for Gears but still really enjoy Free for All in Versus, Horde and especially Escape. Don't know what it is but there's something about Escape that I really dig!

I still love Gears and Halo. Don't think I can ever leave them behind

JD no longer has explosive capacity only for grenades so with he nerf from OP4 and this he is severly hampered bbut not for a skillful guylike myself lol

not sure if you've played with a marcus lately but his headshot card couple with his ultimate he can wipe out entire waves on his how with his rfle feedback cared not it's will be time based not damage dealt

Kait's bleed card only workds within 5 m no longer can you "snipe" with overkill something I used to do not but she got a reorked cloak card where for efvey kill you get 5 secs added to the time and you get stim per shotgun kill they want you to really used that cloak garbage only time I used it is to revive or pick up tags in tight situations

Fahz crital damage at max is 140% not reduced to 100%

that' sjust the character s I like so but there are more

and Cole with his fire capabilities they broght back the scorcher flame thrower only good thing imo
That’s painful for me. Kait and JD (and Lizzie and Emile) were the characters I focused on, and just spent a bunch of coins upgrading JD’s bleed. Kait’s cards that I use are also all level 6. :csad:

Great to see the scorcher back though. I’ll put this post in the Gears 5 thread too so we keep this one on Series X.

That’s painful for me. Kait and JD (and Lizzie and Emile) were the characters I focused on, and just spent a bunch of coins upgrading JD’s bleed. Kait’s cards that I use are also all level 6. :csad:

Great to see the scorcher back though. I’ll put this post in the Gears 5 thread too so we keep this one on Series X.
posted full list of changes from official forums

posted full list of changes from official forums
Nice, thanks for that. This is how it should have been at launch with skins and classes separated. Level 20 characters could be ominous for Seriously Part 2, but I'm glad all the extra experience past 18 now counts. Awesome to see thee scorcher come back.

still a bunch of R word kids in horde that play opposite4 of the class they pick inflitrator buys a sniper wave 3 etc...
Some will never get a clue lol, even a year later.

Hive busters campaign DLC coming on Dec 15 (next week)

Trailer on YouTube

It’s looks really good and it’s free on game pass ultimate. Great sign if other future first party DLCs will be included too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"