How close are you with the hype?

The Geek Vault

Come at me bro
Reaction score
After reading Superman's post and how he comment about how he felt the hype was like a family, and from being on superheroskype and seeing how everyone there seems to be fairly close. How close do you feel you are with the hype? Is it just a place to post about comic books to you or do you generally consider people on the board friends?

Some of them are friends. Others mortal enemies. Others the redheaded step-child of the family. (Toonth.)

just a place to keep up on comics, for me. i got no invested interest in anyone here.

Meh. I've been here for over 6 years and it wasn't until recently that I've chummed it up with a select few. I don't come on to make friends or seek help with certain issues, so yeah, not "close" at all.

I'm more of a lurker then a poster, but I have love for some of the JAWS fans on here. I've also had a lot of good times discussing with people about the TDK virals and such.

I also used to come here to seek for advice, so yeah in a way im kinda close.

The Hype is where I'll find my five apocalyptic horseman from. Except they won't be riding horses, they'll be riding giant robot lions that could form up a much more powerful being...

The Hype is where I'll find my five apocalyptic horseman from. Except they won't be riding horses, they'll be riding giant robot lions that could form up a much more powerful being...

... a new Michael Bay franchise?

Let's not go ruining Voltron with the thought of Michael Bay.

Well the horsemen could use some more people. We've got Drak, Bamf and Crash, so we could use two more. Go kill a bunch of people, and then send in your application Bill.

I'm not close to the majority, but there are a few people on here that I definitely consider "friends."

I think you only qualify for the hype "family" if someone makes a birthday thread for you. Or if you're a girl, you get automatic inclusion into the cool club then.

I consider myself the abusive stepfather of the hype who gets drunk, beats up the red-headed stepchild who is looking for approval and then tells him to go clean the blood off of his sheets...

...and I'm fine with my role.

I've made several good friends here.

I come to chat about the stuff that interests me. There are some people I talk to, but no one I would consider myself really close with.

The Hype is like a family

Mee is the wise cracking guy who is loved by most, bamfer is the prankster and JAL is the kid that sits in the corner plotting world domination :awesome:

I think the Hype is a family at least a community. I've noticed how personal things get recently and how cool a lot of you are.

I like to think of my fellow Hypesters as friends and some of them are even "kissing cousins" ;)

I can say that from my time being here so far, that I have gone from having just that one great friend I can talk to about anything to a small group of people who I consider my friends. Plus the dysfunctionality here just makes me feel at home so I can say the hype is definately an unforgettable place to visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"