So how does the Hype stay up... exactly?

LadyVader

Smile like you mean it.
Reaction score
This is a question that has haunted me for some time. Do you guys, Lightning Strikez, Dew, Malice... do you actually WORK for Superhero Hype?
Do you have an office somewhere you go to every day, collecting data and materials and articles and the like? Who actually works to keep the Hype up in a daily basis? How much work is put into this place? Site + boards.

:)

Child labor and robots.

I'm not sure about the rest but DOG LIPs does jack. :yay:

I was going to answer your question but then I saw your avatar and now I'm looking at your avatar.

My question is, how do they pick people to be mods?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I was going to answer your question but then I saw your avatar and now I'm looking at your avatar.

Well then you're admiring Harlekin's handy work, not just Chewbacca's.
:whatever:

Gotendbz-2 said:
Every once in a while when they feel the need for more moderation, they look at established posters who have good records and seem to be level-headed, and to "care" about preserving harmony on the site, and then once they narrow that down, they have a short list and say, "Which one of these reminds you the least of Gotendbz-2?", and then, they have a new mod.

Gotendbz-2 said:

They get drunk, then point at random posters.

It stays up with hammer, nails and some chewing gum. We choose mods by whoever's life crystal goes the darkest. Our office is located under the octopus tank at the St. Louis Aquarium. Malice started life as Mirko's teratoma

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Every once in a while when they feel the need for more moderation, they look at established posters who have good records and seem to be level-headed, and to "care" about preserving harmony on the site, and then once they narrow that down, they have a short list and say, "Which one of these reminds you the least of Gotendbz-2?", and then, they have a new mod.

Hey, I've never even said a bad word on here. And I don't encourage people to do evil things on these boards, I respect the Hype!

An office! HA! and you imagine all those in one big room! nothing would get done!

LadyVader said:
This is a question that has haunted me for some time. Do you guys, Lightning Strikez, Dew, Malice... do you actually WORK for Superhero Hype?
Do you have an office somewhere you go to every day, collecting data and materials and articles and the like? Who actually works to keep the Hype up in a daily basis? How much work is put into this place? Site + boards.

I'll try to answer this professionally.

Are the staff employed to SHH? No. At best, this can be classified as voulenteer work [personally, I've got this on my resume]. I think the closest any of the staffers live to each other are Me and Morg [both Ohioans], Daisy and Elijya, and Malice and Mirko [Superhero Hype].

SHH runs of a set amount of servers to stay up. The ads pay for these servers, which is why the ads are so "important".

As for the articles, there's a decent amount that are reported by some of our forumites [Hypesters], but for the most part, Mirko just has connections ;). There are a few frontpage items that are contributed by others [Excelsior did a "Fan Film Review" a few months ago, for example]. At the end of the day, it's all up to what Mirko does or wants.

SHH! Forums run off vBulletin Version 3.5.1. General maintainance is pretty easy, since Malice had the foresight to add some self running scripts back when he was here daily. Moderating some of you buttholes, however, isn't as easy.

I hope that helped.

Wil said:

I take it you missed the big ass wheel with everyone's name on it? o_O

black_dust said:
An office! HA! and you imagine all those in one big room! nothing would get done!
Some people still believe there was a real "Marvel Bullpen" too.

black_dust said:

God, you're right. Between me and Dog Lips being naked and flirting with Dew and Daisy [Doggy would be so drunk he'd flirt with Morg, thinking he was Elisha], Dew and her Pengy Army flooding the water cooler, and all the Kevin Smith Movie posters, not a goddamned thing would get done.

Well I think it's great you guys manage such a huge board / popular site, and you're basically using your free time to do it right? Since it's technically volonteer work. Mad props to you as they say. :up:

What is the connection between Superhero Hype and Coming Soon exactly? Did Spiderman Hype back in the day start out as a section of Coming Soon?

Wilhelm-Scream said:

Yeah, that avatar is cool. Where did you get that pic? I wanna see the full photo and not just the avatar.

As i said, Harlekin made me the avatar. I have no idea where he got the pic though. It is a cool avatar, I've had it for a long-long time, but i'm not gonna change it till I hit the 6k mark. :)

Drakon said:
I
I take it you missed the big ass wheel with everyone's name on it? o_O

I find it unsettling that there is an ass-wheel with everyone's name on it...

jag

jaguarr said:
I find it unsettling that there is an ass-wheel with everyone's name on it...

jag
Then maybe we should leave out the part about Morg "holding" it while it spins. :csad:

dog

LadyVader said:
Well I think it's great you guys manage such a huge board / popular site, and you're basically using your free time to do it right? Since it's technically volonteer work. Mad props to you as they say. :up:

What is the connection between Superhero Hype and Coming Soon exactly? Did Spiderman Hype back in the day start out as a section of Coming Soon?

Thanks a ton :) Regardless of all the crap we get sometimes, that's what makes it worth it.

That's kinda before my time. I used to lurk back then, but Mirko would be better off telling you that one. But I believe it was something like that. I know CS was first, then SMH, which because SHH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"