How do you feel about this?

Lucky! I think I'll get a job at GameStop just for the discount :p

I dont know about where u live, but in the states Gamestop does NOT give employee discounts on any of the systems. At least they didnt when i worked there last summer.

This rumor is false. No games require a hard-drive to play unless they're online only or would otherwise have DEEPLY EMBEDDED online functionality. You need a hard-drive to go online.

Call of Duty 4 has this logo on it, but why, I don't know.

However, having a HDD doesn't increase DVD9 space. :D Whoever thought that one up = ******.

The PS3 does this with some games. VF5, Rainbow Six Vegas, Ninja Gaiden Sigma. If you d/l info to your HDD, the games load times are almost non existent.

I thought it was a dumb idea to even sell the core. MS should have discontinued that skin a long time ago

I bought the core system a game and and extra controller. I figured I'd rather have a 360 and a game at that time then wait another few weeks. I just bought the HDD 3 weeks later on the following pay day.

It's called options. Companies like to give options. Stating that people who buy the core system are dumb or whatever you all want to do is just stupid. I could say the same thing about people who just buy one console, rather than just buying two to enjoy great games on both systems, but I don't because we all have a choice as to what we want to do.

Buy a Core system and get a HDD later, or just get the premium.

Buy a PS3/X360 and complain about the other system, or just get both and be happy.

it's all about choice. Consumers like choice.

I bought the core system a game and and extra controller. I figured I'd rather have a 360 and a game at that time then wait another few weeks. I just bought the HDD 3 weeks later on the following pay day.

It's called options. Companies like to give options. Stating that people who buy the core system are dumb or whatever you all want to do is just stupid. I could say the same thing about people who just buy one console, rather than just buying two to enjoy great games on both systems, but I don't because we all have a choice as to what we want to do.

Buy a Core system and get a HDD later, or just get the premium.

Buy a PS3/X360 and complain about the other system, or just get both and be happy.

it's all about choice. Consumers like choice.

Wiser words could not have been spoken.

I have pro. Dose any body who have a core know what pro MEANS. Pwning rats over. yeah you heard.

I'm not following the though process of all these senseless posts. What are you all talking about?

Good news, fellas of the Core variety.

http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=4957

"Every game will work with every Xbox 360 system," a Microsoft spokesman told GamePro when asked about the "Hard Drive Required" sticker. "But just like some games will require you to have a Memory Unit to save games, some games will require you to have a Hard Drive to experience them."

For example, gamers can't fully experience the critically acclaimed Oblivion without at least a memory card to save one's progress the representative explained. It is still unclear how a lack of hard drive might affect the gameplay experience outside of game saves, however.

An estimated 20 percent of the total Xbox 360 install base own the Core model without hard drive.

What's interesting is they say every game will work and then some games will require a HDD for saves.

Uhm....

What's interesting is they say every game will work and then some games will require a HDD for saves.

Uhm....

Haha, that is a bit of a head scratcher. Maybe they mean that youll need the space that you get on the HD that you cant get on a mem card? I dont know.

Uhm....

I think they mean that some games will take advantage of the harddrive (if you have it) and cut down on the loading times and etc. on those units by dl-ing file packets onto the HDD.

Buuut.. every game will work with or without regardless. It's just that w/o a HDD, you're going to be missing out a few nifty features.

Despite the early attempts to make games accessible to all versions of the Xbox 360, Microsoft has finally given its approval for developers to create titles that require the use of the hard drive.

This announcement, although targeting developers planning an MMO, opens the future possibility for developers to use the hard drive for caching. This was one of the problems cited by developers of GTA IV, who stated that their difficulties designing for the Xbox 360 stemmed from making the game work without the use of the hard drive.

This announcement also comes as a blow for purchasers of the Core model of the Xbox 360, the only version that comes without a hard drive.

Microsoft has also deigned not to place limits on the amount of Hard Drive space MMO developers can use, although Microsoft designer Ian Lewis offered this one caveat. "Feel free to require 30GB for your game - that's just going to make your potential audience a lot smaller.
http://www.n4g.com/dev/News-59336.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"