Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Dark_Lord, Nov 13, 2007.
The CVG article has been removed for some reason.
If they add Achievements to the Xbox games, I'm there!
...Even though I own the hardcopy.
Ugh, I hope this virtual console isn't replacing BC updates.
Most games are BC... though if I need to download "Otogi" to play it in High-Def... I'll do it.
I hope this is not the only thing in the update. Hopefully they will add at least Divx
Just convert the video you lazy ass
Holy ****. Fable in HD with achievements!?!?!?!? Im friggen there!!!
I always wanted to play Fahrenheit.
The only thing I do not like is we have to buy these games again Lets just hope they update this alot better then they did with the Backwards Compatibility games & its going to take more then added achievements for me to want to buy these again.
I wasn´t expecting this, for MS to sell games from last generation on the 360.
It´s like the PS3 selling PS1 games (the PS3 best move so far), but one generation ahead.
I wasn´t expecting, but i like it.....i like it a hell of a lot
People will love this, and WTF is one of them...
Kotaku say that Psychonauts is one of the games to be released with the fall update.
In other news....
Carcossone is going to be free between 12:01 a.m. PST on Nov. 15 and 11:59 p.m. PST on Nov. 16.
And members of LIVE who've been faithful since 2002 will be gifted 500 points.
All this to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Xbox LIVE.
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge and Psychonauts is going to be released with the December 4th XBOX Virtual Console
When the hell is our DVR like service arriving???
You mean IPTV? Probably not for a while.
Yeah. Im just pissed off because I keep holding out on buying a tuner for my laptop so I can record TV when Im at work. I saw one for 40 bucks yesterday, and thought to myself "IPTV coming soon, dont buy".
Full Features List for 2007 Fall Update
Back to System Update
* Improved Video Library.
* Improved visuals and descriptions.
* Users can now sort movies and TV Shows in the video library by Title or (Download) Date.
* TV shows can now be grouped by Series .
* Group video and game trailers .
* Art associated with personal video files on a portable device will now be displayed.
* Easier to use media areas and improved metadata .
* Improved source selection for video, picture, and music libraries, making it easier to switch between console/digital camera, computer, portable device or disc.
* New "Suggested Items" link for downloaded movies.
Media - All
* Added more user friendly text for various error related messages
* Added Shortcut keys from Remote Control: Pressing Play on a Video/Song/Picture will immediately start playback of that item from the list (pressing Start from gamepad does the same thing)
* Added support for Album/Video artwork larger than 500kb
* Added support to enumerate metadata in the background and not just when selected by the user
* Added support to make sort options sticky across console reboots
* Added support to show all available Media Sharing Servers on the local network and allow automatic re-affiliation
* Automatically delete older versions of Optional Media Update package when new ones are downloaded
* Improved consistency in storage naming across all areas
* Improved performance for displaying Album Art when connected to remote sources
* Improved text messaging when connection to PC is lost when streaming Music/Photo or videos
Media - Music
* Added support for CD Playback from music area in Xbox 360 Guide area
* Added support for listing multiple computer sources in Xbox Guide music sources
* Added support for Y button to toggle full screen on and off for music visualizer
* Disable 'play all' button when folders only contains playlists (with no audio files)
* Disable Y button when no list items selected in Music player
* Improved device support for new iPods (classic and 3rd gen Nano) - iPhone and iPod touch are not supported
* Improved error handling for mixed encoded playlists (aac,mp3,wma)
* Improved handling for MTP Music devices with >200k entries
* Improved handling of game background music after playing videos in Dashboard
* Improved handling of music playback over games (if music source terminates or has errors, background music returns to game background)
* Improved performance for "Play All" with attached MTP devices
* Improved performance of music enumeration via Guide
* Improved robustness when playing back HFS+ formatted iPods
* Improved support for returning to game background audio when user's music player session terminates
* Improved support for scrolling song lists while listening to music during game playback
* Improved support when ejecting game disc while selecting music source through Guide
Media - Pics
* Added support to display PNG files when streamed from Windows Media Player 11 on Vista
* Improved enumeration for PTP cameras including Cannon Powershot SD 630 and Apple Iphone
* Improved playback performance of "Play All" when PC source has 1000s of photos and subdirectories
* Support Folder view of Photos from MTP Portable Devices
* Media - Video
* Added 2 line support for entries in the Video Area of the Media Blade
* Added ability to recognize Colorspace attribute for Video Marketplace Content
* Added fade in transition for start of video playback
* Added full screen buffering animation for streaming videos from Xbox LIVE
* Added Suggestions scene for Video Library area in Media blade of the Dashboard
* Added support for 16x Fast-forward/Rewind
* Added support for AC3 embedded audio (see video faq for full information)
* Added support for enumeration of video files from Zune 2.0 devices
* Added support for Left Shoulder button on controller to chapter skip backward
* Added support for Left Trigger button on controller to rewind
* Added support for moving past the point user has viewed when doing progressive downloads of Video Marketplace videos
* Added support for MP3 embedded audio (see video faq for full information)
* Added support for Mpeg-4 part 2 video files in AVI containers
* Added support for Right Shoulder button on controller to chapter skip forward
* Added support for Right Trigger button on controller to fast forward
* Added support for Zune Podcast video playback from Zune device
* Added support to display metadata and thumbnails embedded in video files
* Added support to enumerate .divx video files
* Added support to group TV shows by Series in Video Library of Media Blade
* Added support to group Video and Game Trailers into same area of Video Library of Media Blade
* Added support to sort Movies or TV Shows by Title or Download date in Video Library of Media Blade
* Added top level support to show expired or soon to expire information for purchased movies from Video Marketplace in Media Blade
* Improve support for "Play Now" calculations with ISP that boost download for the first 20MB of a file
* Improved accuracy of bookmark positions when video player abnormally ends
* Improved accuracy of download progress bar after chapter skipping operations
* Improved auto resizing experience for small (under 100x100) video files
* Improved Bookmark / Resume experience with 60fps Interlaced WMV videos
* Improved bookmark support while progressively downloading videos from Marketplace
* Improved calculations for "Play Now" for Video Marketplace downloads
* Improved deinterlacer support for video playback
* Improved enumeration speed for user-generated video content in Media Blade
* Improved error message support when playing back video files without valid licenses
* Improved error message support when pulling USB drive while playing back video files
* Improved handling for USB memory stick removal while on Video device selection list in Media blade
* Improved handling of video playback when transitioning from 4x FF to Play with MP4 video files
* Improved handling of WMV bookmarks when rewinding and shutting down video player
* Improved info pane timer when playing back DRM's WMV content from Windows Media Player 11 from Windows PC
* Improved message support for progressive video playback
* Improved overall UI, content descriptions and navigation of Video Library of Media Blade
* Improved performance during Fast Forward to Playback transition when playing back MP4 content
* Improved performance for buffering and playback of streaming videos from Xbox LIVE
* Improved performance for low bandwidth streaming of MP4 videos from Zune PC software v1.0
* Improved performance of skip forward/backward with WMV video files
* Improved performance of trick modes when streaming videos from Zune PC client
* Improved performance of WMV playback for WMV7 & WMV8 encoded video files
* Improved playback experience after extended pauses of video files from Marketplace
* Improved playback experience when resuming from a stopped/paused state
* Improved playback performance for h264 720p .MOV files
* Improved playback performance with 1920x1080 MP4 files
* Improved playback performance with 5Mb h264 encoded video files
* Improved playback performance with 60fps 720x480 MP4 content
* Improved playback performance with h264 files in .m4v containers
* Improved quality for upscaled user videos when played back full screen
* Improved quality of MP4 decoder: Global Motion Compensation and VMX optimizations
* Improved quality of MP4 decoder: improved Interlaced Support
* Improved quality of MP4 decoder: Out of order frame output, bidirectional motion vector handling, etc.
* Improved quality with non-square pixel video files
* Improved responsiveness of trick mode controls for video playback
* Improved robustness during chapter skipping of h264 video files
* Improved robustness for streaming problematic video files from Zune PC Software 1.0 or Windows Media Player 11
* Improved robustness of video player when playback catches up to downloads in progressive playback scenarios
* Improved robustness of video streaming when network congestion / stalls occur
* Improved robustness when closing video player after attempting to play a video file that would not open
* Improved robustness when entering and exiting video playback on a portable device repeatedly
* Improved robustness when exiting video files encoded in h264 and playing back from attached USB HDD
* Improved robustness when playing back Mp4 video with consecutive bad aac samples encoded into it
* Improved robustness when shutting down console during h264 video playback
* Improved robustness when trying to play a video recently moved from MU to HDD or vice versa
* Improved robustness with video player when exiting player via Xbox Guide button -> Y
* Improved support for AAC-LC 2 channel encoded audio in MP4 video files
* Improved support for chapter skipping during progressive downloads of Marketplace Video content
* Improved support for MP4 video files with discontinuous time stamps encoded in
* Improved support for MP4 video playback from burned optical dvd-r's
* Improved support for resuming downloaded videos after reaching end of an uncompleted download
* Improved support for resuming partially downloaded videos from Marketplace
* Improved support for using Big Button controller during video playback
* Improved support for Video bookmarks when playing MP4 videos from USB portable hard drives
* Improved sync of video display and info pane display when rewinding
* Improved text for Windows Media Center setup instructions
* Improved Trick mode support when streaming videos with AAC embedded audio
* Improved video performance for 60fps interlaced WMV videos
* Improved Video performance with 15Mbs 1080i 24fps WMV video files
* Improved video playback for Fast-forward and immediate exit usage with h264 video files
* Improved video playback of MP4 content from Zune PC Software v1.0
* Improved video playback when source content has incorrect sync samples encoded
* Improved video quality for SD Composite AV pack displays of the on-screen display for video controls
* Improved video support for chapter skipping of MP4 videos
* Improved Videotrick mode support with 24fps 1080i WMV video files
* Improved visual display of WMV video files while rewinding
* Improved WMV Playback performance for 60fps and 1080i 30fps videos
* Improved WMV7 performance with VLC encoded content
* Removed occasional purple flickers in video playback when transitioning between FF and RW
* Removed potential 9 second delay when rewinding WMV video files
* Added fade out transition when powering down console
* Added support for browsing XNA games within the Games blade
* Added support for video playback from UDFS formatted USB devices
* Added support for XNA Game Studio Express V.2
* Added support to connect to Apple Extreme routers in 802.11a/n mode
* Added support to pause background downloads when streaming full screen videos or ads
* Added support to retrieve game thumbnail directly from XNA game package
* Added system wide support for Simplified Chinese language
* Added text to explain flashing LED in the Ring of Light during background download low power mode
* Addressed rare case where game disc would spin in the DVD drive while playing HD-DVD Movie in external HD-DVD drive
* Disable Optical audio output when in low power background download mode
* DVD player no longer converts to YCbCr709 when output is over HDMI
* Improved auto sign-in to Xbox LIVE with Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter
* Improved clock accuracy for S/PDIF optical streams
* Improved compatibility with NEC WR8400N WiFi routers
* Improved download speeds when in low power background download mode
* Improved DVD Tray State notifications immediately after application of System Update
* Improved Forced Aspect Ratio Changes via HDMI output (including DVI)
* Improved handling when ejecting game disc during game start
* Improved handling when removing MU after sending Arcade game recommendation to friend
* Improved localization text for Wifi setup in German
* Improved performance for Game Titles to reboot in backcompat scenarios
* Improved performance of Xbox Guide during Messenger signin
* Improved robustness when ejecting game disc when prompted for game title update
* Improved robustness when inserting two MU's at the same time on the device selector scene
* Improved support for 3rd Party Controllers
* Improved support for Buffalo WiFi routers
* Improved support for Creston AV receivers with HDMI
* Improved support for JPN Corega CG-BARFX network router
* Improved support for signing into Xbox LIVE with Big Button Controller
* Improved support for starting console with Big Button Controller when console is charging attached Wireless Controllers
* Improved Xbox guide performance ~2x
* Removed "Windows-based PC" from Computers area in Systems blade
* Removed option to "Turn off Controller" when using Big Button Controller
* Resync the Ring of Light pattern to the boot audio/animation
* Updated copyright dates for 2007
Video Playback Faq
Xbox 360 Fall Dashboard Update Walkthrough (Youtube)
It´s a great update.
Kudos to Microsoft
Holy mackerel were those guys busy!
I can't even read through the whole list but it seems like they've thought of everything.
I particulary like the Xbox Originals and the XBLA Hits.
The first, because i can imagine this expanding in the near future to a virtual console type of service (i would love to see Dreamcast, Amiga and Saturn games on the 360).
Second, by lowering the prices, this might mean that we will see bigger and better games in the future of XBLA (there are great games, but some really crappy/amateurish ones too (Yaris and Screwjumper anyone?).
Shenmue 1 on the 360 would be... too good to be true.
I think they'll stick to just Xbox games for this generation. Xbox emulation alone seems to be taking all their efforts.
Microsoft has finally announced when its Video Marketplace will be hitting the UK, with British Xbox 360 owners able to download full length films from December 11. Coming off the back of a successful US launch, the marketplace will be the first video on-demand service available across six countries, with Canada, France and Germany - as well as the UK and Ireland - also getting the store.
Along with the date, Microsoft has released a list of films that will be available from launch, with highlights including Zodiac, Ocean's Eleven, Clash of the Titans and Three Kings. Robin Truchy, director of Xbox Live for Europe, said "We were already offering HD games, HD music videos and the option to enjoy HD-DVD format films, now we are offering HD movies to download and rent as well. This is very exciting for us and the consumer."
The download system will ape its US cousin, with downloaded content staying on your Xbox's hard drive for 14 days. Once a movie has been played users can access the film an unlimited number of times over a 24 hour period. As for pricing, expect to pay around 250 points (GBP 2.13, Euro 2.91) for a standard-definition film and 380 points (GBP 3.23, Euro 4.42) for their glossy HD counterparts. The full launch list, subject to change, is as follows:
Available in both standard and high definition:
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone
The Matrix Revolutions
The Matrix Reloaded
Ocean's Eleven (2001)
The Perfect Storm
Eyes Wide Shut
Standard definition only:
Lethal Weapon 3
Lethal Weapon 4
Looney Tunes: Back in Action
Clash of The Titans