The Dark Knight How is your confidence at this point?

I'll be pretty pissed if we don't get another "NEVAH!"

Returns did not screw Burton over just because it was darker then the original. Mainly because it was not as good, and the darkness of Burton's is just messed up like most his movies, very twisted fairy tales is the best way to describe his works. And I think he may have gotten too fairy tale like, and too dark at the same time. Also during the early 90's super dark was not really popular.

Actually, WB didn't care. The soccer moms complained to McDonald's for having happy meal toys for such a dark movie, and then McDonalds said "We can't sell our toys" and WB said "We HAVE to be able to sell toys!" So they booted Burton. But before that, as long as Burton brought in the money, WB didn't care what he did with Batman. BR did bring in the dough. Made more than BB still, I think. Not sure about it, though.

In BB, Chris "Nolanized" Scarecrow. Does anyone have beef with that more realistic character. As far as I know most people embrace that interpretation, and Cillain Murphy isn't even scampering about dressed in a straw costume battling batman using the drunken crane fighting style which would support his comic book roots. It seems that people have double standards. They can accept that realism change, but OH NO NOT THE JOKER!!! Also, there's usually no one mentioning the good aspects. They say "man the makeup and slightly brown hair just is terrible." They don't mention the purple outfit that he's wearing. That's actually quite true to the comic book form. IMO Too much negativity. Ya'll need to listen to 311 or something. :woot:

In BB, Chris "Nolanized" Scarecrow. Does anyone have beef with that more realistic character. As far as I know most people embrace that interpretation, and Cillain Murphy isn't even scampering about dressed in a straw costume battling batman using the drunken crane fighting style which would support his comic book roots. It seems that people have double standards. They can accept that realism change, but OH NO NOT THE JOKER!!! Also, there's usually no one mentioning the good aspects. They say "man the makeup and slightly brown hair just is terrible." They don't mention the purple outfit that he's wearing. That's actually quite true to the comic book form. IMO Too much negativity. Ya'll need to listen to 311 or something. :woot:

First off, comparing Scarecrow's visual look to The Joker's isn't the same. One is a much more important character that many more care about. It's not a double standard in the slightest. By your logic, I should accept changes to the Joker simply because I didn't complain about Zsasz looking like Stone Cold Steve Austin in Batman Begins. Then there's the fact that aesthetic visual changes may work for character A, but not necessarily character B.

And lastly, as I oh so elegantly put it yesterday.

That just leaves me with the look which I don't particularly care for. It's not that Joker wears makeup, but that I think it just looks horrible. Half green hair, huge black circles around the eyes, etc. The scarring is ok, it's grown on me a bit. But I am glad he wears purple and has an outlandish and colorful ensemble of attire.

It's not very nice to make false assertions ;)

I'm onme who didn't like the Nolanized Scarecrow. Seeing as he's my second favorite to the Riddler, I wanted to see him in all of his eerie straw-man glory. Assuming Nolan will switch to this eventually, I'd be fine with the BB/TDK version, but I doubt it. I didn't like that he ended up just being a lackey in BB, but TDK is going to fix that by making him a crime-boss of sorts, which I quite like.

Besides, there's a perfectly good reason that he'd dress up like a scarecrow post-BB. He got gassed, so he's nuts. Therefore, he dresses all the way up like a scarecrow. Seems to work fine to me.

I'm onme who didn't like the Nolanized Scarecrow. Seeing as he's my second favorite to the Riddler, I wanted to see him in all of his eerie straw-man glory. Assuming Nolan will switch to this eventually, I'd be fine with the BB/TDK version, but I doubt it. I didn't like that he ended up just being a lackey in BB, but TDK is going to fix that by making him a crime-boss of sorts, which I quite like.

Besides, there's a perfectly good reason that he'd dress up like a scarecrow post-BB. He got gassed, so he's nuts. Therefore, he dresses all the way up like a scarecrow. Seems to work fine to me.

Wanna know what I always wondered? Because the way i see it they could have definatley made Scarecrow to look even more true and taken right from the comic books and remain as realistic as you can get....Ok so first off- Notice how the patients in Arkham were wearing orange jumpsuit attire...why didnt they just do that with scarecrow? I mean I understand to slap a straightjacket on him right away but after the escape he would have looked pretty accurate to the original look and along with the fear toxin would appear all the straw, and more grittyness and stuff...I think we can all live without the hat (at least i can). So despite the fact that its only in the part when we last see him while on the horse will his true appearance be present the point is it would have been there and I woulda thought that wouldve been great and fair. I lived with what was in the movie cuz appearances arent everything and Scarecrow was perfect to me...I`m just saying that i always wondered why they did it like that when they could have easily gotten away with their world of realism and keeping the comic freaks happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"