• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How many Games do you buy on average?

ttotheusher

In the Palais
Reaction score
I raise this question because me and my friend both have PS3's, we both earn the same, and both roughly spend the same amount of time on the PS3. But recently, I seem to have noticed that he is buying loads of games. One week, its Lego Indiana Jones, the next its Battlefield and Bourne. So, on average, say, per month, how many games do you buy?

Maybe...like, five a year or something. But I sell like three a year.

-TNC

I prefer to really think about the games I buy, rather than buy them on a whim.

Probably about 6-7 a year. I'm more keen to rent games nowadays.

I prefer to really think about the games I buy, rather than buy them on a whim.

Oh yeah, same here. I only buy something I know I'm going to like and have looked forward to for a long time. If there's nothing I want, then there's nothing I'll buy.

Like the others, i purchase 1-2 games a month. In the past few yrs, i dont think iv ever purchased more than 3 games in one month.

Really depends, I think I have around 24-25 games for my X-Box and bought about two and half years ago, but thinking about it, most of the games I got as either Birthday or Christmas gifts or they were discounted to $20-30 or I had gift certificates. I think games I've only bought 6-7 games at full price with my own money for the system and 3 of those I had to buy with the system cause it was part of a bundle.

Let's see;
Perfect Dark, Kameo and King Kong - The 3 games I chose that I had to buy with the system
GRAW - Bought myself
KOTOR - Bought myself, but at $20
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - Bought myself
Dead Rising - Birthday gift
Call of Duty 2 - Bought Discounted for $15
Gears of War, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Rainbow Six Vegas and Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Christmas gifts
Sneak King - Cost $4
Halo - Bought discounted for $10-15
GRAW 2 - Gift Certificate
Bioshock - Best Buy Reward Zone points
Guitar Hero 2 - Birthday gift
Assasins Creed and Guitar Hero 3 - Christmas Gifts
Call of Duty 4 - Gift Certificate
Overlord - Bought at discounted price
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - Bought myself
GTA4 - Bosses gave to me as a bonus for a special project I completed

I buy whenever a game I've been waiting for comes out (usually 2 or 3) and then maybe two or three times a year I check out my local gamestop or EB games and pick up a handful of used or older games in the $5-$20 range.

Maybe like 3-6 a year, depending. They are getting fewer and farther between, due to expenses that come from getting an apartment, etc... So far this year I have only bought GTAIV

Since I started buying games on steam, I'v noticed my purchasing of games has increased quite alot since you don't have to wait for delivery, 1-2 hour download.

New games- 1 a month or a few months between.
Used games- 3 or 4 a month, though I'm pretty much done since I have all the last gen Xbox games I want, except 1, and I've given up looking for a copy of Ico for PS2.
Old PC games- Depends on the deals I can find on ebay.

It depends. There will be spans where I buy 2, maybe even 3, games a month. Then I won't buy anything for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"