The Dark Knight How much CGI do you think Nolan will use?

saint sinner x

Civilian
Reaction score
Well I am going to speculate based on what's been released, I think that Nolan will probably use less CGI then he used in Batman Begins knowing Nolan he will probably do an action packed final act. I hear it's going to involve a "complex tenant" or something of that nature. I also heard him say in a interview that the action is going to start earlier in the film because Batman is already established. I am not a fan of CGI especialy when it involves Batman put that was one thing that made Batman Begins so bad ass, the halucigen scenes and Batman himself plus the ninjas the drugs and the tumbler:batty:

What do you guys think?

Well, if BB had 300 vfx shots, then this time TDK should get about 500-600 vfx.

Cinemaman said:
Well, if BB had 300 vfx shots, then this time TDK should get about 500-600 vfx.

why is that? just because it's a sequel doesn't mean it'll need more vfx work. I highly doubt Nolan will go the typical sequel route and make everything "bigger" than the first movie. I'd expect the same amount, maybe LESS. No Scarecrow fear gas, no train sequence. And Nolan will do as much practically as possible.

The Only Woj said:
why is that? just because it's a sequel doesn't mean it'll need more vfx work. I highly doubt Nolan will go the typical sequel route and make everything "bigger" than the first movie. I'd expect the same amount, maybe LESS. No Scarecrow fear gas, no train sequence. And Nolan will do as much practically as possible.

Yes, I know that Nolan is going with new formula of making sequel.

But I don't see any reason to make less action than it was in BB.

You see, TDK will also be summer blockbuster, which should have at least 4-5 action scenes.

Without action, it won't be so exciting movie.

But still, script is the most important aspect in the movie.

Less CGI all the better because that's what Lord of the Rings franchise top of the line capturing the many surreal spots of New Zealand et al.
It felt real and really transporting the audience in those places than robotic.

True, I truly believe that Nolan will change alot of things in the sequel I mean the theme for Batman Begins was fear and he wanted to established that in many aspects of the film such as the fighting when Batman fights in Begins is like we can't even see him because of the element and message that Nolan put out "You always fear what you don't understand". In the Dark Knight it's going to be darker and more about "DUALITY" so the fighting I believe he will change it, I like the fighting style of keysi but I would of preffer NINJITSU because it only makes sense Batman is a danm ninja. I am going to speculate that the action wil use some CGI throughout the movie I hope he stays on "SUBSTANCE COMPLIMENTED WITH ACTION"" Instead of substance over action or style. It's a batman movie no matter how dark he puts it children are going to want to see it. Hopefully he will emphasize on theatrics and impact in terms of action besides I want to see a sick chaotic theatrical joker. I want him bad ass but with his occasional dark humor and charisma.

I dunno......I mean, unless it's not needed. I don't see Nolan using CGI.

I mean, with Begins......he didn't seem to overuse it at all.

And, no.....the gliding Batman was not CGI. That was actually a stuntman.

I'd say either on par, or even lower than BB. The first really dealt with the "big" aspect of the Batman stories, with the international locales, and big city-wide villain plot tacked on.

This time I think Nolan will make it more "personal". That's what he might've meant with his "diff route" comments. Go in a different direction and focus on Gotham more and it's crime mob element. That type of thing hardly ever calls for big sfx.

Well, when you look at what most people actually define as "cgi" I think it's more like action scenes specifically. Ya know, like Spidey or Superman type stuff.

With Batman, there's really never actually any need for that....b/c he can't do any of those things to begin with. So, really......I'd CGI is more like ver very minimal for him at all.

CGI was still very much in the film. Not in the way that we usually associate with though. They were more like touch-ups to the background, but nonetheless it was there.

So that's prolly what Nolan will still keep doing. I remember that some parts of the Narrows and the Chi were computer-generated, for continuity's sake they'll continue that I'm sure.

I think the cgi will be the same as in BB, not less, why? becasue a lot ofthe gotham background(extensions) will be cgi like in BB, just like in begins it won't be noticed. As for the action, even though this will probably be a more personal story there will still be plenty of ass kicking and a spectacular set piece or two. First because this is afterall a batman movie, and younger audiences and bat-fans also(us included) will want some cool action as it should be, with the joker there's lots of possiblities(laugh gas city intoxication excluded), so we shall see.

StorminNorman said:
I think there will be less than Begins.
Probably. Joker wouldn't require as much as say, Scarecrow.

Yeah, exactly. It'll probably be more for atmoshphere than for actual sequences. Most people probably won't even notice. I didn't really in BEGINS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"