How much would it cost to get a hold of Windows Vista?

Kritish

Avenger
Reaction score
I have no interest in buying a new "shell" but could someone give me a estimate on how much damage the check book would take to get ahold of it?

Dont you have to have a Dual core processor on your pc for vista to work? I know you have to have some sort of spec for it not sure what tho

A Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least:
A modern processor (at least 800MHz1).
512 MB of system memory.
A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable

A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least:
1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1.
1 GB of system memory.
Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)2, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel.
40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
DVD-ROM Drive3.
Audio output capability.
Internet access capability.

Basically if you’re running XP now, you'll be able to run Vista Home. Your PC might however run slower since it more graphically intensive.

Vista Basic is the standard version, while Vista Premium is akin to XP Media Center. Vista Ultimate is the combination of Vista Premium and Vista Business (think XP Pro).

Isn't it coming out real soon :huh:

End of the Month, the 30th I believe.

What's the difference between Basic, Home Premium and Ultimate?:huh:

I just want to net surf and crap, do I need anything besides Basic?
Home Basic is just a computer with like internet explorer and notepad and media player. not much else. No Word, no windows messenger, nothing extra,
Home Premium comes with like messenger and a few other programs. It is also a great gaming computer (like the new paint) Business has like Word, Publisher etc etc and some other stuff, but lacks paint, messenger, media player and family files. Ultimate has everything

Home Basic is just a computer with like internet explorer and notepad and media player. not much else. No Word, no windows messenger, nothing extra,
Home Premium comes with like messenger and a few other programs. It is also a great gaming computer (like the new paint) Business has like Word, Publisher etc etc and some other stuff, but lacks paint, messenger, media player and family files. Ultimate has everything

I think I'll get home premium then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"