Windows 7

[A];17851960 said:
****, people can't read for ****.I do not live in the US. thank you very much.

Thanks for the attitude. :awesome::cmad:

I wasn't even talking to you, it was more in general.

ok i put windows 7 on last night and did a clean install because apparently thats better than upgrading from vista. right now i wish i was back on vista because i'm having major problems. for one apparently i'm not the administrator even though my user account says i am. i tried to uninstall vidx which i had just downloaded and it says i can't because i need administrator priveledges to do so. also i lost the ability to use the fn keys. i figure i need to download a driver but i dont know which, could somebody help me out? here is the list of available drivers. http://esupport.sony.com/CA/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNNW130D

i figure thats what the issue is anyway, because i also lost the ability to scroll on my touch pad when i put windows 7 on, but downloaded a driver fixed that

anyone, please?

how did you get Windows 7? disc? online download? torrent?

i had to update some of my drivers after install.

disc in the mail. i got my laptop in september and they had a special deal where you get a free upgrade to 7 when its available.

my one problem is i dont know which driver i need to update, plus the whole administrator issue

can you right click anything and select run as administrator?

i had that problem with vista but ive not encountered it in windows 7

hey that worked. thanks so much, although i feel like a fool for not figuring that out myself lol. i wonder if there is a way to turn that off, so i don't have to do that all the time. thanks so much. any idea on what driver i need from that list i posted earlier to make my function buttons work?

the other one, i don't really have an answer for you there. maybe if you tell us which one's you've already updated, then someone else might be able to help further.

what about when you open your device manager, do any of them have error icons or anything?

got a new laptop, with this today. the new features are nice, but a little strange to get used to. the new toolbar at the bottom is hard to get used to.

the add on window for firefox keeps getting lost behind the main window

got a new laptop, with this today. the new features are nice, but a little strange to get used to. the new toolbar at the bottom is hard to get used to.

yea it happens sometimes but other than that its pretty good :up:

you'll get used to it. I didnt like the new toolbar at first but I now love it, especially the jump lists. After using it for a couple of weeks, you'll find it harder going back to XP or even Vista

Perhaps I should have posted when I got my early copy but what the hell. I endorse Windows 7. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"