Shazam How Old Should Billy Batson be?

project13

Civilian
Reaction score
Billy Batson is a young boy who can transform into a muscular superheroic adult. That is a core element of the Shazam franchise. Question is: how old should he be?

Personality, I think he should be about 13 years old. It makes sense since that is the age in most cultures do children undergo a "rite of passage".

I was thinking 12. I have a feeling they'll make him younger, but I think the 7th grade age, which is about 12, is perfect. It's about the age where kids are at a crossroads of sorts... almost teenagers, maybe still playing with toys, but starting to get out of that, maybe fantasizing about being a superhero, starting to get interested in romantic relationships, finding new friends... you are at a crossroads of growing up. Could be a great theme to explore right there. How old was that kid in "Big" with Tom Hanks?

Yep, I'm also thinking around 12 - 13 yrs old.

make him 10 years old, he can age into the role if there is a sequel. And of course, he won't stay a kid forever, so there's that issue...

Here's an interesting idea:

Let's make Billy about 6 to 11 years old to match the demographic of our children!:sly:

That's what I said!:yay:

P.S. That's was a joke when I said Billy should be about 6 to 11 years old. I wonder how old Billy is in the comics.

Sounds like they'll probably go for a slightly older actor who can pass for younger, then. Which is the smart move, in terms of avoiding obvious aging.

Was it ever revealed?

To me he should be between 12 and 13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"