Shazam The Billy Batson/Shazam casting thread

I heard someone suggest Steve Howey today. Not a bad choice but he might be a bit on the old side.

^at first glace I read that as Steve Harvey... lol

I'm not invested in Shazam thankfully because I have a feeling it's gonna be someone like Cena. I don't have any good suggestions, but I just despise when they cast based on size which is what I feel the Cena talk was all about. IDK...

Im 90% sure it'll be Armie Hammer.

After Call Me By Your Name comes out and it gets Oscar buzz, Hammer will be in the spotlight and get a lot of heat behind him. That's how people cast

Im 90% sure it'll be Armie Hammer.

After Call Me By Your Name comes out and it gets Oscar buzz, Hammer will be in the spotlight and get a lot of heat behind him. That's how people cast

Didn't Dwayne Johnson say he really liked the idea of Hammer taking the role at one point? IDK how much influence he has on the situation, but it never hurts to get your nemesis in your corner.

Cena as Shazam and The Rock as Black Adam think of the possibilities

Cena as Shazam and The Rock as Black Adam think of the possibilities

I would shed tears of joy in the theater.

13394906_953416671444598_1495779758_n.jpg

I like Parker Young, looks the part too.

God no to John Cena though, that would massively bring the film down IMO.

Actually surprised there's no hint of Young's character from Enlisted.

Parker Young's audition was ok, but there's something about the contrast between the young Billy Batson and the older Shazam where if they cast an actor like Cena it really shows the awkwardness and difference with a young boy suddenly being trapped in this older guy's body. And it's not like Cena is coming straight from wrestling, he has been building up his movie career and acting experience for quite a while now.

I really don't get the fascination with Cena. He's been funny in a couple of bit parts. Wait until he has a substantial part in something of note before you start fancasting this guy. I mean what sold you on him? The Reunion? The Marine?

Last edited:
I really get the fascination with Cena. He's been funny in a couple of bit parts. Wait until he has a substantial part in something of note before you start fancasting this guy. I mean what sold you on him? The Reunion? The Marine?

I'm glad you get the fascination!

Thank you, but I don't have to wait!

What sold me on him is his suitability for the role of Shazam!

I'm glad you get the fascination!

Thank you, but I don't have to wait!

What sold me on him is his suitability for the role of Shazam!

Hahaha. Man, I botched that one.

John Cena or I riot.

Parker Young's audition was ok, but there's something about the contrast between the young Billy Batson and the older Shazam where if they cast an actor like Cena it really shows the awkwardness and difference with a young boy suddenly being trapped in this older guy's body. And it's not like Cena is coming straight from wrestling, he has been building up his movie career and acting experience for quite a while now.

Building his movie career? He's only done a few reasonable films if I'm not mistaken correct? I don't count all the Marine sequels, etc. I guess technically I should. I can't imagine those really helping out his actual acting, but I guess it would help with him getting more comfortable in front of the camera and how the behind the scenes process works. I haven't seen any of the stuff he's gotten any praise for. I had zero interest in Trainwreck. I despise Amy Schumer. What else has he done?

Totally off topic, but Wheels, love your signature. I'm a giant Rick and Morty ****e. Like, complete and total R and M ****. His freak out on Morty at the end of that episode about the sauce was amazing! :funny: Ok, sorry! R and M interruption over. I apologise. Back to Shazam and Cena sucking. :p

Building his movie career? He's only done a few reasonable films if I'm not mistaken correct? I don't count all the Marine sequels, etc. I guess technically I should. I can't imagine those really helping out his actual acting, but I guess it would help with him getting more comfortable in front of the camera and how the behind the scenes process works. I haven't seen any of the stuff he's gotten any praise for. I had zero interest in Trainwreck. I despise Amy Schumer. What else has he done?

Building his movie career means just that- he has a way to go, but that's definitely the direction he's headed.

He did "The Wall" with Doug Liman. It was ok, a minimal war movie. Not a huge role but it's him and Aaron Taylor Johnson.

He's also voicing Ferdinand the Bull and he's in the Bumblebee movie :oldrazz:

This might all be moot anyway because the latest rumour is that Cena is not the top contender anymore for Shazam (according to ElMayimbe anyway) and he has just signed on for a buddy cop movie with Kumail Nanjiani to be directed by Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland.)

It will be interesting to see how this all works out what ever the case. I hope we hear casting news soon.

Building his movie career means just that- he has a way to go, but that's definitely the direction he's headed.

He did "The Wall" with Doug Liman. It was ok, a minimal war movie. Not a huge role but it's him and Aaron Taylor Johnson.

He's also voicing Ferdinand the Bull and he's in the Bumblebee movie :oldrazz:

This might all be moot anyway because the latest rumour is that Cena is not the top contender anymore for Shazam (according to ElMayimbe anyway) and he has just signed on for a buddy cop movie with Kumail Nanjiani to be directed by Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland.)

It will be interesting to see how this all works out what ever the case. I hope we hear casting news soon.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens I guess. There just aren't that many wrestlers that manage to make the jump successfully. Not everyone is gonna turn out like Dwayne Johnson although, it's not like he'll be winning an Oscar anytime soon. He found what works, and he's sticking with it. Very smart move on his part. He's today's Schwarzenegger.

On another note, I don't find that Cena really looks like Shazam either. I'm not one to cast roles on appearance, but THAT'S how far off I think they are. At least the Rock resembles Black Adam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"