• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man How Old Should Peter Be?

He should be a sophmore in the first film, junior in the second and senior in the third film.

16 in the first film, 18 in the second, and 21 in the third one.

15 in the first movie, Petey is in high school.

17-18 in the second, Petey is college.

20-21 in the third, Petey is in university.

24-25 Petey is in grad school.

27-28 Petey is a science researcher for Osborn Corporation.

Nah, Peter should become a teacher at his old high school like in the JMS run. I loved that.

16, 18 in second movie, 20/21 in the third. Let's NOT spend the entire trilogy in High School. Let's see Peter grow into his first year at college in the second, then finally becoming an adult in the third (while losing Gwen in the process to signify this.)

This.

I agree. He should be 16-17 at best. Remember he still ages in between the films!

I say mid-2nd movie or even toward the end is when he graduates (Could be funny if hes fighting baddies, and running late for the graduation Ceremony :awesome:)

This would also go great with the Gwen storyline, give them a chance to be a "real" couple.

first movie: 16-17
second movie: 18 (graduating in the middle or towards end of the film)
third movie 20-21 (in college)

first movie: 16-17
second movie: 18 (graduating in the middle or towards end of the film)
third movie 20-21 (in college)
this is exactly what i was gonna say, if they start the first movie off with pete already spidey, then 16-17 is a great age range, he would of been spidey for a year or so....

It would be soo cool to actually see something like that, Tobey as great as he was seemed like a young adult fighting adults..
IMO, I thought that that was a fantastic thing. I don't know if audiances would find it all that believeable if a 15 year old looking kid was playing Spidey. Yes, even though peter was around 16 or 17 in the comics. Tobey, though, looked around 17, 18 or 19 in the first film. It showed him getting older in each film, which was another thing that I thought was great because it made it so that the character of Peter Parker/Spider-man was growing more and more mature. Tobey was brilliant. Simple as that, if you ask me.

I never thought that was bad, at the time I didn't even notice it. I thought Tobey was great. But with the idea that the actor playing him might be a 17 year old kid who would look a little smaller next to the Scorpion or Kraven, it just would be cool to see. In my opinion it would heighten the excitement seeing a young kid (although in his costume you aren't meant to know his age) see a young kid lift a giant machine the size of a tank over his shoulders would be really fun.

in the comics the Green Goblin was shocked to learn Peter was just a kid, so you weren't supposed to tell from looking at Spider-man. But it would just be fun if, in the movie, Spidey looked slightly smaller than his enemies.

15 in the first movie, Petey is in high school.

17-18 in the second, Petey is college.

20-21 in the third, Petey is in university.

24-25 Petey is in grad school.

27-28 Petey is a science researcher for Osborn Corporation.

So peter parker attends a community college at some point? Thought he was more of an acheiver.

He didn't, he went from Midtown High's professional wallflower, to Empire State University Scholar in ASM #31.

Yes, even though peter was around 16 or 17 in the comics.

No. Peter was 15 when he first became Spider-Man.

80016-158709-civil-war_super.jpg

15 first movie.

16 or 17 second movie.

18 or 19 third film. And then have him getting out of high school like in the very beginning of the third movie. If Ultimate Spider-Man proved anything it's that there are some great stories to be told about a high school Peter Parker who is also Spider-Man. I hope they show his origin again. If not in an origin story, at least a flash back of some kind. I want a radioactive spider this time.

Let's please not spend the whole trilogy in HS.

16 in the first film

18, graduating at the beginning, first year of college, second film.

20/21, third film, becoming a man finally and losing Gwen Stacy.

You have to account for the fact that the actors playing these roles will grow between the films, so their characters should grow with them.

Let's please not spend the whole trilogy in HS.

16 in the first film

18, graduating at the beginning, first year of college, second film.

20/21, third film, becoming a man finally and losing Gwen Stacy.

You have to account for the fact that the actors playing these roles will grow between the films, so their characters should grow with them.

Spider-Man: Sophomore Year
Spider-Man: Junior Year
Spider-Man: Senior Year

If their intention is to keep him in highschool, this would be the logistics of it. Add a SHIELD arc and it culminates with him being offered/forced into a spot as one of the Ultimates/Avengers.

Spider-Man: Sophomore Year
Spider-Man: Junior Year
Spider-Man: Senior Year

If their intention is to keep him in highschool, this would be the logistics of it. Add a SHIELD arc and it culminates with him being offered/forced into a spot as one of the Ultimates/Avengers.

:up:

You people are forgetting. Actors grow up...get older looking. We CAN'T do a whole trilogy in HS for this reason. Besides his term in HS in Amazing was relatively short if you think about it.

And don't bring up Ultimate, because while it's good. Ultimate is an comic book. It doesn't have to worry about actors getting older and looks changing. I'm sorry but the only film that should be in high school is the first one.

/\ Harry Potter yo.

He is still a kid in the books/movies. It's not how old the actor is but rather how old he looks.

/\ Harry Potter yo.

He is still a kid in the books/movies. It's not how old the actor is but rather how old he looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"