How to draw Batman

Two-Face

Harvey Dent
Reaction score
Is this book any good? I'm trying to draw Batman but I end up drawing non Batman looking kinda way. If so any of you had experience from this book?

Feedback will be helpfull.

I don't think you need a book to learn how to draw Bats. I mean, a butt-load of the artists that draw him for DC never look alike...you rarely see that happen anyway.

I say learn how to draw period, then you can (in theory) do any character.

trustyside-kick said:
Oh. See that is different. If anything you should have mentioned it was Bruce Timm's style for drawing Batman. Now I can see why you made this thread.
Oh Bruce Timm style, makes sense now.

Ya lol, at first I was like "well people draw him differently...". But seeing the link made sense. My brother I think has been trying to get Bruce Timm's style down...I think he said he almost got it...just he has all these other drawings to work on for school he does not have much time. Maybe I should show him that book. :up:

Two Face said:
How is Bruce Timm's different?

For one it is more of a cartoonish look for Batman rather than in the comics more realistic. Don't you remember his art from the animated series? I think at one point there was some series based from the animated ones that Bruce Timm drew the art for the comic.

But is it different to link I posted? I looked at Ebay and I got "How To Draw Batman Beyond"

Two Face said:
But is it different to link I posted? I looked at Ebay and I got "How To Draw Batman Beyond"

Well there you go again. Any of the animated shows style of drawing is different compared to the comics...they give a more cartoony look like they should. Even though comic artists have different styles they dont have the cartoony element to them. I'm not saying not to get that book, that would be cool to draw his style.

This book has some lessons to learn, but mostly common sense.

It is great for a beginner.

I also need a book on drawing batman.

But I want one that's not just about TAS.

Mr. Socko said:
I also need a book on drawing batman.

But I want one that's not just about TAS.

Well unless you mean learning how to draw a specific artist's style for drawing Batman then there is not a way to "learn how to draw Batman". If you know how the costume basically looks you can draw him. Learning how to draw Batman a way a certain artist does is different.

Cheers, I'm gonna learn to draw Batman as a chinese man.

That is kind of wierd lol. How do you plan on accomplishing that? Not like when he is in the suit you ever see his eyes...just white.

That's great stuff but I don't like long ears tho.

Well in part of that link you see Tim Sale drawing Batman with small ears and beneath it long ones in a headshot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"