How to fit Blade The Daywalker into the MCU

Here are some more pics of David Ajala looking like Blade

Supergirl404_marquee_5bd7af4c6892a8.27271881.jpg

supergirl-10.jpg
Wow, that bottom pic especially.

By vampires being introduced into the MCU then of course SHIELD would have to know about vampires too so wouldn't they see Blade as a potential threat to not only them but humanity as a whole

The Darkhold (or rather the Chthon Scrolls as they were in Kull's day) created the first vampire, Varnae.

Then in that case that makes sense to have The Darkhold but knowing Feige and the Disney Marvel crew wouldn't be surprised if they go the way of Morbius

It would be cool to introduce Blade in the Midnight Sons movie. Put him in an ensemble of supernatural heroes for his introduction into the MCU, and give Blade a layered history so he's been doing this for years under the radar of most people. He should already be feared among the world's vampires; a "Boogie-Man" type. I want Blade to have already tussled with Dracula, Deacon Frost, Morbius and other notable vampires in the past. After that, spin Blade off into his solo film with him leading the Nightstalkers. Then he should be used in both franchises moving forward.

I would also have Blade grow up in London like the comics. He is found as a child and saved from murderous vampires by Jamal Afari, his mentor figure predating Whistler (a 1998 Goyer creation for the movie). Jamal takes Eric Brooks to New York where he trains him in slaying Vampires, molding him into the man known as Blade. Its there that Blade eventually loses his accent, being in America for so many years since boyhood and aging considerably slower than humans. Not to mention that Blade would have learned many languages and tongues while being under Jamal Afari's tutelage. That's the first solo film right there. Blade having flashbacks to his earlier training days with Jamal, and alternating between those scenes and the present-day with Blade leading the Nightstalkers.

jamal-afari1.jpg

jamal-afari2.jpg

jamal-afari3.jpg

I also think it would be interesting to actually have Blade born in 1929 London, following him while he survives in the ever-changing world as a black man. Having lived through so many different eras and been around the globe, how does Blade now view the world? How would his life experiences have affected his psychology? That's something the movies didn't explore; using Blade's age to the story and character's advantage.

Shamier Anderson of Wynonna Earp is my pick.
wynonnaearp103dolls01.jpg

Step 1: Don't cast Wesley Snipes.

Step 2: Don't make him a 'Daywalker', ditch that entire aspect. Its unnecessary and impinges upon the characters whose concept actually does rely on "Vampire but good"

Step 3: Make him the Black British Vampire Hunting Batman that he's supposed to be.

Step 4: Put him on the Nightstalkers/Borderline Investigation from the start, giving him a team context and people to bounce off of as equals.

I think Blade's concept is his constant conflict between his human and vampire sides. And his advantage lies in having all of the strengths of both the species with none of the weaknesses. For me, you wanting to remove the Daywalker aspect equates to removing "Wall-Crawler" from Spider-Man. Sounds like you're describing Hannibal King or even Morbius.

Last edited:
It would be cool to introduce Blade in the Midnight Sons movie. Put him in an ensemble of supernatural heroes for his introduction into the MCU, and give Blade a layered history so he's been doing this for years under the radar of most people. He should already be feared among the world's vampires; a "Boogie-Man" type. I want Blade to have already tussled with Dracula, Deacon Frost, Morbius and other notable vampires in the past. After that, spin Blade off into his solo film with him leading the Nightstalkers. Then he should be used in both franchises moving forward.

I would also have Blade grow up in London like the comics. He is found as a child and saved from murderous vampires by Jamal Afari, his mentor figure predating Whistler (a 1998 Goyer creation for the movie). Jamal takes Eric Brooks to New York where he trains him in slaying Vampires, molding him into the man known as Blade. Its there that Blade eventually loses his accent, being in America for so many years since boyhood and aging considerably slower than humans. Not to mention that Blade would have learned many languages and tongues while being under Jamal Afari's tutelage. That's the first solo film right there. Blade having flashbacks to his earlier training days with Jamal, and alternating between those scenes and the present-day with Blade leading the Nightstalkers.

jamal-afari1.jpg

jamal-afari2.jpg

jamal-afari3.jpg

Shamier Anderson of Wynonna Earp is my pick.
wynonnaearp103dolls01.jpg

I think Blade's concept is his constant conflict between his human and vampire sides. And his advantage lies in having all of the strengths of both the species with none of the weaknesses. For me, you wanting to remove the Daywalker aspect equates to removing "Wall-Crawler" from Spider-Man. Sounds like you're describing Hannibal King or even Morbius.

Here is hoping he is more like Snipes in his portrayal

I just finished watching Bird Box last night. I wonder if you can do something in that style, where he has to ferry a bunch of kids or one kid or whatever through incredibly dangerous territory

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"