The Defenders Marvel Working With Netflix and ABC on Additional Series.

You don't really have to do New Warriors you know. They were always a superhero B-team.

Who is to say that they will get on board with a New Warriors TV show or movie anyway?

Because New Warriors got greenlit.

It's not really greenlit until it gets a series order.

I still feel like Elektra should happen because

A. There are only two female leads in the MCU right now and one of them is still in the development stage and won't hit until 2019.

B. After the Iron Fist controversy, Marvel need an Asian lead. Elodie Yung is Asian. Problem solved. (I also think that we'll get a Hispanic lead in a Ghost Rider spin-off and that America Chavez is going to appear in New Warriors.)

C. There's enough solo source material for Elektra since she's a character who fans have already embraced.

D. I'm really thinking that maybe Marvel's next Netflix series should be Elektra and Moon Knight. I feel like they're the best fit for the platform. I'd rather see Ghost Rider on the El Ray Network if Marvel can make that partnership happen since he's the only Hispanic hero Marvel currently have (and possibly use that as a launching pad for the horror corner of the Marvel U on the network). I feel like things should break down like this.

Netflix: Street level superheroes (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Punisher, Elektra, Moon Knight, Shang Chi, Defenders)

Hulu: Teen comedy series (New Warriors, Runaways)

Freeform: Teen drama series (Cloak and Dagger, Avengers Academy)

El Rey: Horror TV series (Ghost Rider, Blade, Werewolf by Night)

ABC: Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else (Agents of SHIELD, Inhumans, Thunderbolts, She-Hulk)

For the record, Werewolf by Night is a very strong maybe since I'm not sure if he can sustain a series. I'd start him off as a supporting character on Blade. Then I'd bump him up to a solo series if people like the character.

Werewolf by Night could easily have been a supporting character in Spider-Woman, if they were able to do a series based on her which was faithful to the comic.

WWBN by himself would be too much like a regular werewolf TV show with not much to distinguish it from others.

Werewolf by Night could easily have been a supporting character in Spider-Woman, if they were able to do a series based on her which was faithful to the comic.

WWBN by himself would be too much like a regular werewolf TV show with not much to distinguish it from others.

I'd actually would rather see him on Blade since WWBN has connections to Dracula.

I still feel like El Ray is the right network for Ghost Rider since A. Robbie Reyes is the ONLY Hispanic lead character in the MCU. B. Robert Rodriguez runs El Rey and it's a network that needs more original scripted series and he's an amazing director/producer and could really make Ghost Rider incredible. C. El Rey is willing to air TV shows rated TV-MA which Ghost Rider really needs for a solo series. Do Blade as a second show if Ghost Rider is a hit.

Shang Chi should still be on Netflix since Netflix is just breaking into China and it's a good deal for them since the Chinese like Marvel. Do it with Chinese actors and directors, film it in Hong Kong and make the dialog in both English and Chinese depending on who's talking. That becomes Netflix's entry into the Chinese TV market. He wouldn't have much connection to the Defenders but I still feel like Netflix is the right avenue to pursue with Shang Chi.

How can they film Shang Chi in Chinese though? They'd have to film the scenes twice: once in Mandarin and once in Cantonese and release two versions, since there isn't simply one generic Chinese language.

Unless they film it in Mandarin and dub it into Cantonese. But then they should dub it into English too with some bad English dubbing. ;)

They could do it like Narcos and film it originally in 2 languages, which should be in English and Cantonese. Then do dubs for mandarin and everything else.

Film it in English and Cantonese Chinese.

That's what I said

I know. You ninja'd me. I was just correcting Raven. I still feel like Shang Chi needs to happen.

1. It'll take the pressure off of Iron Fist by having an Asian protagonist. Right now, the backlash to Iron Fist appears to be overshadowing the show itself and that might hurt ratings.

2. It would better integrate Agents of SHIELD into the MCU. It would establish SHIELD as a global presence and bring back characters who AOS isn't currently using like Deathlok and Mockingbird. And some cameos over video calls would still bring in the AOS cast to Shang Chi so they wouldn't feel like they're on an island. It would help AOS's ratings by making it feel integral to the MCU.

3. It would show off the aftermath of Doctor Strange. People watching Strange fight Dormammu in the sky as reality was coming undone isn't something that people can forget. Hong Kong presumably wouldn't ever be the same.

4. It would make New York feel less like the only major city in the MCU. Shang Chi would set up Hong Kong to be another major location which makes the MCU feel bigger.

5. It would better open up Netflix to Chinese audiences. The Chinese love Marvel and turn out to see every film. This opens up a whole new world to explore.

6. It would be mostly standalone. There would be connections to both Iron Fist and Agents of SHIELD but it would for the most part be it's own corner of the MCU so people who may want to watch a Marvel series but not get bogged down in the continuity of other shows will have that option.

7. It would be a more grounded take on the MCU. Fewer superpowers. A protagonist who doesn't have any. For the most part it would be a crime drama with a handful of fantastic elements every few episodes.

That's seven reasons why Shang Chi should happen.

I know. You ninja'd me.
Ah, LOL

I still feel like Shang Chi needs to happen.

1. It'll take the pressure off of Iron Fist by having an Asian protagonist. Right now, the backlash to Iron Fist appears to be overshadowing the show itself and that might hurt ratings.

2. It would better integrate Agents of SHIELD into the MCU. It would establish SHIELD as a global presence and bring back characters who AOS isn't currently using like Deathlok and Mockingbird. And some cameos over video calls would still bring in the AOS cast to Shang Chi so they wouldn't feel like they're on an island. It would help AOS's ratings by making it feel integral to the MCU.

3. It would show off the aftermath of Doctor Strange. People watching Strange fight Dormammu in the sky as reality was coming undone isn't something that people can forget. Hong Kong presumably wouldn't ever be the same.

4. It would make New York feel less like the only major city in the MCU. Shang Chi would set up Hong Kong to be another major location which makes the MCU feel bigger.

5. It would better open up Netflix to Chinese audiences. The Chinese love Marvel and turn out to see every film. This opens up a whole new world to explore.

6. It would be mostly standalone. There would be connections to both Iron Fist and Agents of SHIELD but it would for the most part be it's own corner of the MCU so people who may want to watch a Marvel series but not get bogged down in the continuity of other shows will have that option.

7. It would be a more grounded take on the MCU. Fewer superpowers. A protagonist who doesn't have any. For the most part it would be a crime drama with a handful of fantastic elements every few episodes.

That's seven reasons why Shang Chi should happen.
I like them all.. I hope we do get something like that.
I'll add that it can even be the place where we finally see the real Mandarin, if the film division does not plan to use him.
They can make him Shang Chi's father, instead of you know who.

We ought to have a duel between the Master of Kung Fu and the Master of Quack Fu. But since the TV and movie division never seem to cross over, that is unlikely.

We ought to have a duel between the Master of Kung Fu and the Master of Quack Fu. But since the TV and movie division never seem to cross over, that is unlikely.

I doubt that we'll see Howard the Duck in a grounded martial arts crime series. Unless you mean Black Widow and Quake making out, which I'd be open to.

I doubt that we'll see Howard the Duck in a grounded martial arts crime series. Unless you mean Black Widow and Quake making out, which I'd be open to.

How do you get that from master of Quack Fu?

Although, since Marvel try their hand at every genre, I wonder if they would ever make a movie in the erotic thriller genre (like Basic Instinct and other movies like that).

Ah, LOL

I like them all.. I hope we do get something like that.
I'll add that it can even be the place where we finally see the real Mandarin, if the film division does not plan to use him.
They can make him Shang Chi's father, instead of you know who.

I'd be open to that. Fu Manchu got renamed Zheng Zu in the comics but considering how many names the Mandarin has used, I'd be open to him debuting in Shang Chi and then appearing in a Phase 4 Iron Man or War Machine film.

I don't think we are ever going to see that type of villain in a Marvel series.

Now that Legion is a thing, how would Moon Knight differentiate itself?

I haven't had a chance to watch Legion yet, unfortunately, but I'd imagine Moon Knight would have far more action. It's also a separate universe with Legion not having a chance to cross over at all.

Has Legion come out yet? While it looks really interesting it doesn't appear to be a "superhero" show but more like a psychological suspense/thriller show that's loosely based on a Marvel character. Moon knight should be an action based psychological "superhero" detective series. You'd also be able to push the violence by virtue of it being on a Netflix/Hulu and not FX.

It's out, there is plenty of action and it's probably of a higher quality than anything in the MCU TV or CW shows too.

Even higher quality than Daredevil?

Well it's difficult to compare because they weren't fist fights, its full on superhero stuff. The final scene might be the highest production quality sequence I've seen in any superhero TV series to be honest.

Full on superhero stuff with actual superheroes or just superhumans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"