How to set up Chapter 2 of James Gunn's DCU

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
For DC since they are doing their movies in phases in other words Chapters...Chapter 1 you have Gods & Monsters with the following movies:

- Superman (1st)
- The Authority (2nd)
- The Brave & The Bold (Batman) (3rd)
- Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow (4th)
- Swamp Thing (5th)

For Chapter 2, the movies in this slate I would go with:

- Wonder Woman (6th)
- The Flash (7th)
- Superman 2 (8th)
- Green Lantern (9th)
- Justice League (10th; to end Chapter 2...in this film you introduce on this Justice League team you have Superman, Supergirl, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Swamp Thing and also you introduce Green Arrow & Black Canary but you don't have them join The League right away but you have them join by the end)

Didn't Gunn say that all of Chapter 1 hasn't been revealed? I feel like that alone makes it hard to map out an ideal 2nd chapter.

Ya he said it was less than half of chapter 1.

I imagine a JL film will be in the first chapter, probably to cap it off.

Just from the information that we’ve gotten, with Rick Flagg Sr. being in Creature Commandos, Lanterns being described as a True Detective-style “terrestrial mystery” set on Earth, Swamp Thing (who is connected to “The Green“, a living consciousness that forms and creates all plant life) as one of the projects announced, James Gunn tagging an Instagram pic that somebody posted of “The New Frontier“ graphic novel and the title of Chapter 1 (“Gods and Monsters”) taken directly from said graphic novel, I am still wholly convinced the final film that will cap off this first chapter will be an adaptation of that graphic novel with “The Centre” as the main villain.

I even guessed it a few weeks before he announced anything because of how much that particular antagonist fits James Gunn’s sensibilities so well. A gigantic psychic living entity with a bunch of prehistoric dinosaur-like monsters living inside? I mean, c’mon, that’s right up his alley. :hehe:

Last edited:
Ya he said it was less than half of chapter 1.

I imagine a JL film will be in the first chapter, probably to cap it off.
A Justice League film would be the perfect way to end Chapter 1 because Avengers movies in Marvel would begin or end a phase so

The second chapter looks compelling, with a strong mix of characters and cinematic universes. Building milestones as the story progresses adds tension and anticipation to the audience, and is a good way to open up the DC Universe. The plan with movies and proposals for characters to join the Justice League looks convincing and could pique the interest of the public.
It definitely could but in Chapter 2 we have to get a few sequels in there as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"