First Avenger How would you begin the Captain America movie?

I kind of wouldn't mind leaving the freezing of Cap to the third act so that it's a bit of a suprise for the audience who think Cap should be dead. The reaction should be like...

"oh no, he died. But I like him. And how does that relate to the Avengers film...BUT WAIT!!!!! He's not dead yet!!!yay!"

I kind of wouldn't mind leaving the freezing of Cap to the third act so that it's a bit of a suprise for the audience who think Cap should be dead. The reaction should be like...

"oh no, he died. But I like him. And how does that relate to the Avengers film...BUT WAIT!!!!! He's not dead yet!!!yay!"

Well if they go that route at the end, they should just have him crash land in the arctic and instead of him landing in water, he should hit land. They should also show him just wandering to the point where just falls over in exhaustion. Captain America freezing should be slow and almost painful looking to give the audience the impression that he might die in those conditions. After that, it should show the remaining troops and they get word that Cap may have possibly been killed in action, all the troops rise and salute to the original triangle shaped shield that Cap discared in favor for the round one

Well if they go that route at the end, they should just have him crash land in the arctic and instead of him landing in water, he should hit land. They should also show him just wandering to the point where just falls over in exhaustion. Captain America freezing should be slow and almost painful looking to give the audience the impression that he might die in those conditions. After that, it should show the remaining troops and they get word that Cap may have possibly been killed in action, all the troops rise and salute to the original triangle shaped shield that Cap discared in favor for the round one

Meh.... I say his body hits the water followed by an explosion that rains down and avalanch of ice and snow on top of him.

Cut to underneath the icy deep.. Cap... pushed underneath the 'cliff' of the iceberd he fell off of. He gets pinned He tries so hard to set himself free. But he can't

I've always thought it should start Band of Brothers like and have Shield interviewing surviving veterans of WWII... getting detailed descriptions of Cap's exploits. They get to interviewing an old and weathered Peggy Carter and she recants the tale of Captain America... fade to flashbacks.

Cap falls into the water and is presumed dead...then we flash foward again.

Nick Fury or Coulston ask her to identify the body that they found in the Atlantic. They walk through the Shield facility to a scientific lab where Steve's body is laid out on a slab and technicians and scientists are buzzing around. Peggy walks in and sees Steve's body...she starts to tear up and tremble. "It's him. That's Steve Rogers." Some military types in the observation room immediately start to debate the merits of cutting him up for scientific research or keeping him intact and giving him the hero's burial he deserves. Peggy starts to break down when we hear a beep... then another... then another. One of the lab techs interupts the debate and says... "sirs... we umm... we have a pulse!"

We see Peggy's eyes open wide... Fade to black

If he gets frozen in the mid 40's and "modern day" is 2010, that's 55 years later. Assuming Peggy was in her mid 20's back in the day, she could be about 80 now. Is it their intention of having her be in the present day portion of the film?

She could survive to the ripe old age of 90 something... my grandma is 93 right now. I think it would be a powerful ending to the movie.

I don't know, but an opening credit scene with American propaganda featuring Captain America is how I'd kick start the razzmatazz.

Just like this:

capbuckydiesstrip.jpg

She could survive to the ripe old age of 90 something... my grandma is 93 right now. I think it would be a powerful ending to the movie.

Exactly, People can live for a long time, my grandomther herself is 106 and she acts like nothing is wrong with her, so why cant someone be 80 or above in a superhero film. Not everyone in a film has to be 20-30 and be relevant to the plot.

I would love to see something similar to the "Ultimates" opening. I know the series may not be very popular among hardcore/oldschool Cap fans, but I loved it.

Still, I think the intro will have to do something with Red Skull, then cut to skinny Steve Rogers, e.g. it will be pretty straightforward.

Better yet,

It should start off with Nick Fury personally visiting Peggy Carter(who is an elderly lady), she's unaware as to who he is, and he ask her if she recalls a particular person from WWII. She then tells Fury that she had seen and done so much during that era that it would be hard for her to remember just one person. Fury shows her a photo from an old 40's USO show presenting Captain America, at this point she's suprised and then asks Fury how does he know Captain America, he then responds that they've found him, she asks where and then we see Fury take her to the SHIELD headquarters and from there we get into the story.

Better yet,

It should start off with Nick Fury personally visiting Peggy Carter(who is an elderly lady), she's unaware as to who he is, and he ask her if she recalls a particular person from WWII. She then tells Fury that she had seen and done so much during that era that it would be hard for her to remember just one person. Fury shows her a photo from an old 40's USO show presenting Captain America, at this point she's suprised and then asks Fury how does he know Captain America, he then responds that they've found him, she asks where and then we see Fury take her to the SHIELD headquarters and from there we get into the story.

my problem with that is that it seems a bit TITANIC-y , but maybe that's just me.

I wrote this...man, years ago. 2005 or 2006?

----

Originally Posted by Gammy79
Ok, this is my idea for the Intro of the movie...

Setting: 1944, some God-forsaken European field, muddy and dirty.

You see lots and lots of soldiers going for cover, as they're being attacked by an unseen menace.

Bullets flying around everywhere, kind of like at the beginning of SPR, only worse!

Soldiers have nothing to protect themselves so they're constantly going down, looking for cover or hiding behind tanks.

You focus on a certain group of soldiers hiding behind the rests of a tank and the superior is yelling like a madman, using that telephone/backpack thing... "WE'RE BEING SLAUGHTERED!" and stuff like that.

Suddenly, amongst all that chaos, you see a figure running at full speed, right in front of that group of soldiers behind the tank.

You don't actually get to see it clearly, it's just a blur, as the camera would be fixed on those soliders.

One of them goes bananas and screams "SARGE! SARGE! LOOK AT THAT!" or something and the Sarge goes like "What the hell do you wa...." and then he sees "him".....

He immediatly goes "KEEP FIGHTING! KEEP FIGHTING, MEN!", and everyone around listens, and the tanks start moving forward! The Sarge makes some hand gestures at some other superiors around the field, and everyone starts moving....

Then you get to see a shot of a pair of millitary boots running at full speed (you get to see a little blue above them), and at the same time you keep hearing bullets and lots of "CLANG!" noises.

Then you get to see a shot of the back of this person while running at full speed, and you get to see a little more detail....

He has a millitary backpacb, and his clothes are muddy as hell, but you realize they're blue.....

You get to see a REALLY FAST shot of him from the front, but it's more like a blur, because he lifts this shield to protect himself (muddy and dirty, but you recognize the shield) and again, you barely get to see him....

Then we continue to the sideways shot (you get to see his feet running), and then the camera pans out and you see this HUGE Nazi mechanical tank with machine guns everywhere, like a 100 yards from him.

All of this time, he's running AT FULL SPEED, so he gets closer and closer to this thing. And there's no music, so you only get to hear this person panting.

The idea is that as the camera pans out, you get to see a full shot of him and the bottom of this huge tank, but by now he starts to look really small, because the camera pans out, and the image starts to fade away, and as it's fading away, you the the little figure jumping and climbing this machine, and then, the image fades out...

This scene would last about 15-20 minutes....

Then you see "A few years back..." or whatever, and you get to see the origin.

After dedicating some time to the origin (30-45 minutes), you return to the tank battle and the rest of the movie, which would have to deal with the battle against Red Skull (culminating with a BADASS hand to hand fight scene between them).

What do you guys think?

They should show some real black and white footage from WWII. It would bring a good atmosphere.

I keep thinking Peggy Carter's going to be a big thread weaving throughout the movie, since I really think JJ's going to play up the old-fashioned romance between Peggy and Steve. And really, their romance is pretty tragic, all about missed opportunities and fate intervening in an insane way.

The opening shot could be SHIELD locating Cap's body in the Artic/glacier and notifying Nick Fury. He goes to visit Peggy Carter and they can make mention of Peggy's niece who's a SHIELD agent. Nick tells her they found Steve and whether she'd like to see him. She's shocked and stunned and tells him she needs some time to think about it. Fury leaves and Peggy pulls out some old war reels that begin telling the story about Steve Rogers and we fade out from the reels to the actual movie, which starts in Brooklyn with skinny Steve (and probably his friend Bucky?)....

Then when the story returns to the present day, we see Peggy stepping out of a helicopter and heading into SHIELD headquarters, nervous and uncertain about what she might see. Fury takes him to Steve's body, where SHIELD's in the final stages of thawing him out.

Cap wakes up, freaks out, starts tearing up the place because he thinks he's in some HYDRA/Nazi prison.

And then sees Peggy, or he hears her calling out his name. She talks to him and they remember things about their past and reminisce together. Steve wonders whether the world still needs him, whether the country's moved on and there's no place for a Captain America. She assures him that we'll always need him. They might even share a final dance and then she leaves him to talk to Nick Fury about "The Avenger Initiative".

Of course, pacing's the key here. Nothing should drag out but done right, I think there could be some great character moments and stuff that'll define Steve and Peggy's relationship. It really looks like the movie's going to play around a lot with it, and I seem to remember JJ describing the movie somewhere as an epic old-fashioned romance.

And yeah, it might be very Titanic-y, but that type of grand, romantic scale's appropriate to the WWII era I think.

Since NONE of this movie should be set in the present, I would start off with a new reel type film showing the HYDRA/Nazi threat with U.S. military watching and saying how they need some way to combat this - the Super Soldier Program. That or the Red Skull in the Norway Crypt.

ALL the riding the rocket and being frozen should be saved for the prologue to THE AVENGERS.

Since NONE of this movie should be set in the present, I would start off with a new reel type film showing the HYDRA/Nazi threat with U.S. military watching and saying how they need some way to combat this - the Super Soldier Program. That or the Red Skull in the Norway Crypt.

ALL the riding the rocket and being frozen should be saved for the prologue to THE AVENGERS.

We do know that they will bookend this movie with current day story... so we know that the beginning and end of the movie take place today and not during the war. That is why people are suggesting modern day events for the beginning of the movie.

I know the bookend thing has been mentioned, but it's not too late for Marvel to come to their senses...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"