How Would You Build A Superhero Suit?

webhead9707

Dr. Perky
Reaction score
I've been looking into cosplay and the like recently, and I realized that a lot of the stuff used is highly impractical. For instance, spandex, while mobile, has virtually no protection whatsoever and is relatively easily cut or ripped. Additionally, no super heroes have any form of protection for their skulls or anything, and it seems odd. Sure you have superpowers, but wouldn't some sort of skull protection be a good idea? Especially for guys like Batman and Daredevil. So here's my question for you guys and gals, if you got (compared to a lot of heroes) relatively basic super powers like Daredevil or Captain America how would you build a superhero suit?

Last edited:
You join the Olympic team/pro sports team and make tons of money. Cap or anyone like him could dominate the Triathlons, baseball, ect. That'd be the easiest way to put a uniform to good use. :p

Look at the Daredevil movie that came out. He was wearing more of a leather bodysuit than spandex and that looked like it would protect more otherwise. For a body suit that would allow mobility? You'd need something that could cushion a lot of momentum in a small area with minimum weight, not sure what could be used there as ceramics are fairly common but weigh a lot. As for head protection if you planned to get shot at then try ducking as very little can take a high caliber bullet/several bullets and stop your head from losing chunks.

If for some miraculous miracle, I were to develop "basic" superpowers like Daredevil or Captain America... I would most likely not use them to fight crime. Imagine the scientific possibilities if you could replicate whatever happened to you. If my "powers" were a result of a scientific experiment, there would have to be a way to reverse engineer the results. The entire human species could benefit from something so... beneficial. Forced evolution, whatever you would like to call it... it would change everything. Imagine the advancements of human evolution if we were just like Captain America... the peak of human conditioning. There would be no need to imbibe, we would live healthily and not worry about metabolism slowing us down, healthcare wouldn't be an issue any longer unless you're being seen for something like a horrific car accident or horse stomping. SO many doors would open for us.

... but I digress....

I'd use spandex.

I'd say the TDK/TDKR suit is a decent jumping off point. Protect that torso and dome. No cape (see Incredibles, The).

But I don't wanna watch Iron Man 3 again.

no one made the "i'd make it with a box of scraps in a cave" joke?

for shame

Jeez CC that joke is more dated than Mooses mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"