BvS How would you have changed the plot in BvS?

Over 400 negative posts in 10 days, no you're definitly not obsessed.

:up:

And you're staunchly in favour of Snyder.

See? I can look through the posts on people's profiles as well.

How about instead of insults, you contribute something to the actual discussion?

Last edited:
1. ditch the vs.
2. ditch the dream sequences - unless the extended version can make the inclusion of what they mean more clear, they are unnecessary and confusing.
3. ditch the heavily weaponized Batmobile and Batplane - this should never be our dark knight - even if he goes feral!
4. make this more a continuation of Nolan's universe - Affleck is going gray and this change can be associated with not being Bale. Alfred can be made to look older (he looks much younger than the great Michael Caine).
5. create some history of the missing years between TDKR and BVS - Gordon, Robin, etc.
6. begin the new series of Batman films - with some previous historical events with Affleck and Irons younger. Have the Tumbler in mothballs, but visible. Show the events that cause Batman to go dark . . .
7. never have his eyes being shown as white or light - this was just a comic book device for illustration purposes created many years ago and means nothing!

Make it more like Lex Luthor: Man of Steel mixed with the DCAU's World's Finest and expand on the ideas from there.

This movie needed to focus on the aftermath of MOS and on the conflict between Batman and Superman, with Lex in the middle trying to do his thing. Just that. Show more of Clark Kent, show more of Superman doing Superman things, show a little more of Batman fighting crime, have a few more scenes featuring Batman and Superman, leave their fight for the climax and forget about Doomsday, Wonder Woman and everything else.

Couple of extremely random thoughts.

- Take out the Justice League teasers. Wonder Woman included.
- Have more emphasis on the good that Superman does. Not just that he's saving people, but allow the audience some opportunities to see him being heroic without being bogged down by controversy. Show his down-to-earth nature. He doesn't think himself above these people, so show him interacting with them on a human level. Show them that he's not so different. Put Cavill's charm and humor to better use. And after being Superman for two years, he should be more resolved in what he's doing. Someone like him is going to face animosity and skepticism. He should have the emotional strength and moral fortitude to press on against it.
- Change Luthor's characterization so he's not some spastic weirdo with a daddy complex.
- I'd reduce Batman to more of a supporting role. i don't mind him having an existential crisis, and I don't mind him harboring some resentment towards Superman, but I'd definitely refrain from showing Batman as someone who had been pushed to torturing and murdering people.
- Drop Doomsday altogether. In the wake of Superman's arrival, Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp partner up on a new program to defend the world against metahumans: OMAC. Things go haywire in the end when the program's first test subjects are driven mad with power. The purpose here is to demonstrate what happens when humans are given God-like powers. They get drunk off the power. Superman, meanwhile, maintains his humanity, humility, and empathy despite his powers.
- I honestly would drop the Batman versus Superman angle altogether. You could show Batman planning some type of contingency against Superman throughout the film, conducting his own investigations into him while Luthor's attempts to destroy him in the media, but he has a change of heart when he witnesses Superman do something that hits close to home (Superman talking down a suicidal teenager).
- After turning public support mostly against Superman, Lex shoots him with a Kryptonite bullet and has his men dump his dying body beneath his statue in Heroes Park. Batman, having seen Superman save the young girl's life earlier, swoops in and saves him.
- While Alfred attends to Superman's wounds, Batman investigates LexCorp. He is attacked by the OMAC test subjects. Superman, after regains consciousness and flies to help Batman (despite Alfred's objections). Have Superman save Batman's life against the OMACs.
- While Superman deals with the OMACs, Batman tracks down Luthor (who is, of course, holed up somewhere with plenty of security).
- Superman defeats the OMACs (for the world to see), and Batman brings down Luthor. Superman and Luthor share a moment where their arch rivalry is all but solidified, before Luthor is taken into custody by the police.
- Once the OMACs and Luthor are defeated, Bruce catches Clark outside the Daily Planet and tells him to get in his car. He tells Alfred to drive to an undisclosed location. While in the car, Bruce and Clark discuss their ideologies and what they stand for. Bruce concedes in the end that he was wrong about Superman. Clark, in turn, confides in Bruce that it is difficult having so many people against you, but that he will not let it dishearten him. "We don't always deal in absolutes," says Bruce. "Sometimes you have to take the small victories." They arrive at a diner and Bruce tells him to have a cup of coffee. Bruce and Alfred drive off. Clark goes inside and sits down. The television is on a news station that is in the middle of a heated argument about Superman. Clark tries not to let it get to him, when a woman asks him if he's been helped yet. It's the suicidal teenager he had helped earlier, and after a moment she recognizes him. Cue Henry Cavill's boyish grin.
- I really would have tried to make this more of a Superman movie with Batman in a supporting role.

1) Take out the Justice League stuff. Focus on Batman, Superman and Diana.
2) More scenes where Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne interact, build the conflict between the two.
3)Have Diana Prince interact with both Clark and Bruce throughout the film. She knows who both of these men really are and is seeking to learn more about them and bring them together for the impending conflict.
4) Have an incident occur where Batman is involved that ends up causing casualties (its not Batman's fault but its perceived that way). This causes Superman to say "enough is enough, this guy needs to go down."
5) Superman confronts Batman, the two have a short physical confrontation, Superman easily dispatches him and tells him "the Bat is dead." Batman is pissed off now.
6) the two have their big confrontation but instead of a nightime, rainy, rooftop battle, I would have it in the middle of an abandoned Gotham street, right by Crime Alley at sunset.
7) Instead of Doomsday, Scoot Mcnairy's character becomes Parasite. Lex Luthor, in an attempt to create another "Superman" uses Scoot Mcnairy's character as a test subject with promises to give him his legs back. Instead it backfires (duh) and he becomes parasite, a beast who feeds on energy.
8) The climax would play out the same except, at the end of the battle of the Trinity vs. parasite, it APPEARS that Superman is about to die and sacrifice himself but Wonder Woman and Batman both save him and the three really fight as a unit to defeat the creature and Parasite reverts back to Scoot Mcnairy who sees all the destruction he's caused and is heartbroken by it as he says "All I wanted...was to be whole again." and Superman looks on in guilt knowing he indirectly caused this poor man's descent.

Last edited:
I was actually thinking of this topic this AM at the gym. I had something similar to IncognitoWalrus, but his is way cooler than mine!

This is a long one, but here we go.

Open with death of Robin, Batman unmasks while cradling Robin's body, revealing his face. This is cross-cut with the death of Bruce Wayne's parents.
Title: Batman v Superman
Metropolis battle flashback from Bruce's POV

18 months later...

Superman is performing saves around the world after the Metropolis attack. He's a popular figure among the downtrodden and now the charming hero we expect him to be. As a gesture of peace, he has allowed the US government to keep the scout ship. The world still is unsure how to feel about him, so he's trying very hard to prove himself a savior.

He has a quiet life with Lois, but he's frustrated that his Superman persona is limited by geopolitics and his own fallibility, and cannot do more to help people. He can hear the cries every day of those he can't save, and this saddens him.

In Gotham, Batman has grown more ruthless since the rumored death of Robin at the hands of the Joker five years ago. We open with the warehouse action scene and a subsequent car cahse, and KGBeast is easily dispatched and branded, while many of his men are killed. Alfred warns Bruce in the Batcave that he no longer is what he used to be, implying that he enjoys hurting people now. Bruce argues back that his no-kill rule is what cost Robin his life.

We find Lex Luthor, jealous of Superman's power, convincing the government to give him access to the scout ship and the World Engine, and he finds Kryptonite. He contacts Bruce at a gala in Gotham. Bruce drops his playboy persona around him and Lex offers him some Kryptonite, which Bruce accepts later at Wayne Enterprises.

Back at Wayne Manor, Bruce analyzes the Kryptonite and Lex's data. Alfred seems disturbed by Bruce's obsession with Superman, but goes along with Bruce's plan to develop weapons that can stop him. Alfred asks Bruce if he's ever considered Superman may have a human persona, but Bruce rejects the notion and can only see Superman as inhuman.

Meanwhile, Clark catches wind of Batman's vigilantism and decides that if he can't do all he can as Superman, he should at least try to as Clark Kent. He and Lois venture to Gotham to expose Batman as a criminal. Clark visits GCPD, looks through old records, and discovers Batman's appearance coincides with Bruce Wayne's return to Gotham 20 years ago. He also finds out Batman's methods used to be less brutal. Lois focuses on Batman's high-tech gadgets and discovers Wayne Enterprises invested in projects like a powerful military car and a grappel gun that were eventually canned - and are used by Batman.

That night, some of Luthor's experimental drones are hacked in Gotham and turn on its citizens, forcing Superman and Batman to come to the city's rescue. Superman easily takes out some drones and does so while protecting people, while Batman brutally knocks them out of the sky with the Batwing, forcing Superman to stop the debris from hitting the city. The two of heroes angrily confront each other after the battle. Superman warns Batman to stop his cruelty or stop being a vigilante, and reveals he doesn't need X-ray vision to know he is Bruce Wayne; Batman warns Superman that his time will come and asks him if he bleeds. Superman flies back to Metropolis.

Clark and Lois are assigned to interview Luthor after the disaster. Luthor appears distraught over the incident, and disparages Superman's intervention as "reckless." Clark, visibly hurt by the comment, argues that Superman is here to do good and he wants to help people, but Luthor says humanity should not be lifted up by gods, that humanity should rise up on their own to be stronger. Clark leaves the interview bitter. A scene reveals Luthor has been tailing Clark for some time now and knows he is Superman.

Clark later confides in Lois that he's tired of being hurt by what people think of him. Lois suggests he hold a press conference and announce his intentions to the world. Then he flies off to save a girl from committing suicide, and we see he has to make a complete 180 and become the shoulder to lean on.

Meanwhile, Bruce finishes developing the Kryptonite weapons. Bruce gives Alfred his 1% speech and tells him he is going to save the world. Alfred reveals how much he despises what Bruce is becoming and leaves Wayne Manor. Bruce later leaves for another gala, which Clark is covering. Clark confronts Bruce, revealing his identity. Bruce is initially taken aback, but rejects Clark's humanity. Clark tells Bruce he won't let him hurt any more people; Bruce says the same.

Lex learns more about the ship and decides to create Doomsday as a fail-safe in case the upcoming battle does not go as planned. Mercy Graves asks him why he didn't use Doomsday first. Lex replies he wants humanity to make God bow.

Superman contacts the mayor of Metropolis and a press conference is later held at the Black Zero memorial (there is no Supes statue yet). Superman is suddenly weakened by a Kryptonite ray from an unknown source and his heat vision goes nuts, destroying part of the park and city. Clark thinks Bruce is behind it; Bruce thinks Clark attacked the city. Superman flies away. The city goes on high alert.

That night, Batman calls Superman to Gotham. Before going, Clark and Lois talk. Lois tells him not to go, that she doesn't think Bruce is behind it, and even if he is, Clark should go through the police instead. Clark refuses, telling her that Superman needs to prove himself, not be saved by others.

Lois frantically attempts to stop the fight.

Superman arrives, and both accuse the other of causing the disaster. The fight is vicious as both heroes tear through an abandoned part of Gotham. The fight ends when Superman restrains himself from crippling Batman, allowing Batman to gain the upper hand with the Kryptonite spear. Clark tells Bruce to tell Lois he loves her just as Lois bursts in from a DP helicopter. This stops Bruce from killing him, as he realizes he is becoming a murderer.

Superman and Batman both realize they are on the same side. They head back to the Batcave, where the three of them deduce that Lex is behind all this. The drones were used to bring them into conflict and he supplied the Kryptonite. Superman and Batman go to Lex at the scout ship, where he unleashes Doomsday. Superman and Batman lead Doomsday away from Metropolis and back to Gotham, where Superman kills Doomsday with the Kryptonite spear.

Back at LexCorp, Superman confronts Lex from outside his office. They discuss Superman's place in the world, and Superman parts telling Lex that he will always be watching. Lex rejects Superman's human identity as a sham. In the end, Lex is secretly horrified by what he has done in his attempt to destroy Superman.

In the aftermath, Superman and Batman are hailed as public heroes, and Clark finally feels satisfied with his heroism. A Supes statue is unveiled. Lex has blamed the incident on the Kryptonian technology and holdover genetic experiments, and suggested that the ship's technology was responsible for causing Superman's powers to go crazy. Bruce reunites with Alfred.

At the Kent Farm, Clark and Bruce decide to work together, and Clark urges they they assemble a league to solve the problems they alone cannot.

Closing title: Dawn of Justice

1) Take out the Justice League stuff. Focus on Batman, Superman and Diana.
2) More scenes where Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne interact, build the conflict between the two.
3)Have Diana Prince interact with both Clark and Bruce throughout the film. She knows who both of these men really are and is seeking to learn more about them and bring them together for the impending conflict.
4) Have an incident occur where Batman is involved that ends up causing casualties (its not Batman's fault but its perceived that way). This causes Superman to say "enough is enough, this guy needs to go down."
5) Superman confronts Batman, the two have a short physical confrontation, Superman easily dispatches him and tells him "the Bat is dead." Batman is pissed off now.
6) the two have their big confrontation but instead of a nightime, rainy, rooftop battle, I would have it in the middle of an abandoned Gotham street, right by Crime Alley at sunset.
7) Instead of Doomsday, Scoot Mcnairy's character becomes Parasite. Lex Luthor, in an attempt to create another "Superman" uses Scoot Mcnairy's character as a test subject with promises to give him his legs back. Instead it backfires (duh) and he becomes parasite, a beast who feeds on energy.
8) The climax would play out the same except, at the end of the battle of the Trinity vs. parasite, it APPEARS that Superman is about to die and sacrifice himself but Wonder Woman and Batman both save him and the three really fight as a unit to defeat the creature and Parasite reverts back to Scoot Mcnairy who sees all the destruction he's caused and is heartbroken by it as he says "All I wanted...was to be whole again." and Superman looks on in guilt knowing he indirectly caused this poor man's descent.

I like the concept of taking the guy who lost both his legs and making him Parasite or another character. They could have made him Metallo.

IMHO it starts with MOS. They should've adapted Superman: Birthright instead. That way Lex could get a little setup. Re-cast lex and re-adapt him to be the cunning businessman.

I like the idea of Batman being older. Just an interesting fit. Then as others have suggested:

Open with the scene from Death in the Family. Then cut to Bruce's version of the alien attacks, and why he considers Superman a threat.

Lexcorp inspires the conflict between Bats & Supes that eventually show them teaming up to overcome the threat.

Eliminate Zodsday. You have to earn Doomsday. He's one of Superman and the Justice League's bigger threats. If you're going that route, which I wouldn't right away.

Close the movie with a shot of Doomsday breaking containment.

Next film go with a little more world building. Close with a shot of Doomsday punching to surface. Then your fist big team-up movie maybe you adapt Death of Superman, maybe.

Then more solos, then the next team up could be Darkseid. More solos/Teams. Then maybe Antimonitor. . . .

It's too late with Lex to bring in someone else. The only thing they could do is have being in prison change him. That's the only thing positive I see coming from what they've done with that character.

More BATMAN vs SUPERMAN and less DAWN OF JUSTICE

Felt like to me that they squandered a potentially awesome movie all in order to rush to the Justice League as fast as possible, resulting in a highly overstuffed movie.
Oh and Dear Snyder.

I asked for Lex Luthor, not the Riddler. :o

All this. Keep it Batman vs Superman, period. I liked Gadot as Wonder Woman but she had nothing to do in this movie. The rest of the Justice League, even less. And yes, a proper Lex Luthor would have been wonderful.

- Get rid of the Africa subplot. It never made the slightest bit of sense. The Senate hearing ought to revolve around Metropolis's destruction.

- Clark and Lois ought to investigate Batman or Lex together.

- Robin's death should have appeared in a flashback or been described, to explain how Batman fell into darkness.

- All the dream sequences should've been removed. The Flash's warning as well.

- Batman and Superman should've met - and actually fought - earlier in the movie than what they did. Batman would've gotten his ass kicked and this would've made him more fearful of Superman than ever.

- I'd insert a dramatic sequence depicting Superman heroically saving someone. I'd also excise that awful scene of Pa Kent telling Clark that heroism has consequences or whatever.

- I don't know how the Supes/Bats fight at the end would be resolved but it would have nothing to do with Clark's mom's name being Martha. Maybe Clark could reveal to Bruce that Lex has been playing him.

- I wouldn't kill Mercy. Let her live so Lex has someone to talk to.

Doomsday could've come half-way into the movie, get killed by Superman.

In the climax, a new Doomsday arrives (full bone protrusions). Superman can't kill him the same way he did the first time cause Doomsday's not that weak anymore. Thus he needs help from the Batman and WW.

Doomsday should've also run rampant in public, caused some real destruction, before Superman enters the scene. The characters pointed out way too quickly that the island was uninhabited. I don't think Doomsday killing people on his own would've brought the same amount of heat that MoS did, because in MoS's case he was with Zod when the destruction was happening. (Not that I agree with that argument, but that's a different story altogether :cwink: )

Also:

How hard would it have been to give Superman something to do in this movie?

He was right there for the people in the flood! Couldn't we have seen him in action? Maybe diverting the water via superspeed.

Doomsday could've come half-way into the movie, get killed by Superman.

In the climax, a new Doomsday arrives (full bone protrusions). Superman can't kill him the same way he did the first time cause Doomsday's not that weak anymore. Thus he needs help from the Batman and WW.

Doomsday should've also run rampant in public, caused some real destruction, before Superman enters the scene. The characters pointed out way too quickly that the island was uninhabited. I don't think Doomsday killing people on his own would've brought the same amount of heat that MoS did, because in MoS's case he was with Zod when the destruction was happening. (Not that I agree with that argument, but that's a different story altogether :cwink: )

I think you can throw Batman & WW out completely with that scenario. Plenty going on there for a movie in and of itself :up:

Also:

How hard would it have been to give Superman something to do in this movie?

He was right there for the people in the flood! Couldn't we have seen him in action? Maybe diverting the water via superspeed.

Snyder's concern is a good visual that looks like the comic panel. Any other consideration is secondary.

There is so much I would change / remove. Separating the distance of the two cities, removing the "vs" aspect. Ultimately, I'd have a completely different script.

I would open the film (after title card credits) with the word Gotham. It's dark/rainy, & jump into an extended action sequence (very similar to the Batman / Martha rescue from bvs.) Batman has working a series of high profile kidnappings tied to black mask or something.

Cut to the word Metropolis. It's bright/sunny & we jump into an extended action sequence with superman (high speed chase / helicopter, etc) results in near catastrophe.

Basically presenting the 2 completely different cities & styles / methods of the title characters. Both effective, but reflective of their environments.

Kick off the movie with 2 awesome set pieces, each about 5-7 minutes in length, before jumping into a (newly revised) plot.

I'll say for BvS the first hour and a half or so was good. I think the moment that Lex has Martha kidnapped. and taking Lois to the top of the building is where it really lost its way. I felt like they were trying so hard to make the stakes higher for them to fight, that it ended up with some silly choices for Lex to be involved in.

We could take out both those Martha and Lois choices, have him create Doomsday as a government fail safe against Superman that he thinks he can control...and since Batman shined the light we would have still seen the battle. Superman would have showed up because of the light, and they could have fought from all the lead up still. Then with Doomsday having broke out, they come together to defeat it. Simple, and since Lex was working with the government he wouldn't even have needed to be jailed at this point.

Seriously when Superman says that "no one stays good in this world" and flies off to fight Batman only to have their fight end from the name Martha it just didn't work as well to me. They piled on too much towards the end really and it threw off the rhythm.

Thing is, Lex didn't need to motivate them to fight anyways. Superman could have shown up when he shined the bat signal, and Batman could have started as the aggressor. He was going to fight him with his big plan and created the spear anyways lol. Lex could have been working on this fail safe world protection project "Doomsday" that escapes the lab, as it proves more powerful than he even imagines and uncontrollable. Hell, Lex could have documented all of these metahumans along with Superman that are popping up, and developed the Doomsday plan alongside the government to wipe out these threats to the world if they get out of hand. Doomsday he thought could be controlled and finds out different so the trinity has to destroy it and come together. SIMPLE and more logical! They didn't think this movie through all the way :o

Take out the kidnapping moments with Martha and Lois that are meant to "force the fight" and the film would work much better. This motivation wasn't even needed for them to square off after the great setup they did at beginning of film!!! Superman already had that talk with Batman about the Bat signal, they have different philosophies, etc... That was enough. Superman showed him mercy the first time. They'll square off because Batman was prepared to whoop on him anyways. Omg it almost makes me angry how they piled on unneeded story elements.

The Lex moments and silly kitchen timer, the countdown of Martha to be "killed" was just unneeded cliches of heightened stakes added on to the ending. Lex should have been manipulating from his office in first appearance anyways, not getting jailed for getting so involved with every major player character. For him to get jailed right away, rather than just using others makes me feel like Snyder doesn't get what has made the modern take on Lex so great.

Lex could have been working with the government, even a brief scene or two with Waller explaining intent to create a defense mechanism such as project "Doomsday" from him and his scientists after the events of MOS. Doomsday releases from the lab, and trinity comes together.

Make it more like Lex Luthor: Man of Steel mixed with the DCAU's World's Finest and expand on the ideas from there.

I was just going to say that. Azzarello did a fine job showing conflicts between Wayne, Luthor and Superman

I was just going to say that. Azzarello did a fine job showing conflicts between Wayne, Luthor and Superman

I still don't fully understand why they fought in that comic though.

Have Wonder Woman be the catalyst for Batman and Superman uniting. It makes sense for her character and neatly sets up her teaming up with them to fight Doomsday at the end, and in general it gives her an actual reason to be in the movie, and gives her a real role in the story (she didn't really have one).

The other Justice League setups would either be better worked into the movie or cut entirely if they can't be made to fit (or saved for post-credit scenes). That post-apocalyptic knightmare sequence should've had a clearer impact on the movie rather then mostly being another WTF moment.

Have Superman do more than just save people in news montage clips. Make him a man of the people that is trying to earn humanity's trust in the wake of the ending of Man of Steel. Have him work with S.T.A.R Labs to create jails that can hold super strong and powerful people so he never has to kill again to save mankind like he had to do in Man of Steel (that also gives you a more compelling and seamless way to work in the metahuman angle that sets up Justice League, rather then having Wonder Woman watch a viral marketing video on her laptop).

Make Superman a stronger character in general with clearer motivation and remember that he is a different character than Batman and should not be as dark and brooding as him in a movie where he is sharing the screen with him and in conflict with him (because that defeats the purpose of such a conflict).

Make his beef with Batman more clearer. Does he have a problem with Batman merely existing in Gotham (he's existed for 20 years in this universe and NOW Superman finds it unacceptable?) or does he have a problem with the branding of criminals like cattle and Batman going further than he has in the past? Make that clearer before you have him go denting the Batmobile and threatening him.

Make Batman's beef with Superman more clear. Does he hate him because of what happened in Metropolis at the end of Man of Steel? Does he hate him because he's an alien? Does he hate him because he sees visions of him turning evil in the future? Pick one motivation and stick with it.

Speaking of Batman; cut out some of the pointless dream sequences.

Make Lex Luthor a more real and grounded villain rather then the goofy, campy and awkward spaz we got instead. Have his plans make more sense, and give him clearer and more defined motivation for his actions.

I know some people don't like Max Landis, but he seriously had one of the best ideas for a sequel to MOS that I ever came across. Granted it's not perfect, but it's a very solid pitch that had potential for some epic scenes. His pitch, which he came up with basically on the spot, is here...

[YT]ygWvAqvTrVI[/YT]

If you don't want to watch it, here's the rundown...

...following the events of MOS, Superman is a controversial figure. After all, his first appearance to the world was when Zod arrived. Clark has been working at the Daily Planet for a while but considers giving up his city life, along with being Superman, to move back to the farm with his mom, but he's suddenly sent on one last assignment...to interview Lex Luthor. During the interview Lex uses his intelligence, personality and charisma to get Clark to trust him. He then reveals that he knows that Clark is Superman and that he wants to help him repair Superman's image by being his international eyes and ears, giving him intel on major crisis so Superman can save people and stop disastrous events. In essence, Luthor is sponsoring Superman but in return Luthor, in the guise of bettering humanity, needs favors from Superman such as repairing facilities. So then we get to see Superman doing Superman-type things like saving people and preventing disasters and the collective consciousness starts to look favorably upon Superman.

That's when Clark gets a visit in his apartment from a mysterious figure. This figure tries to convince Clark that he can't trust Lex because he has bigger plans and bad intentions. Clark realizes this figure is the infamous Batman from Gotham. Batman tries to persuade Clark to work for him, instead of Luthor, in order to unify the world's greatest heroes, but to no avail.

Luthor then convinces Superman that the other metahumans, demigods, and aliens are scary and a threat to mankind saying things like "This flash of red has powers that are out of control. This woman is a serial killer. It's a wonder she hasn't been caught yet. This bow and arrow guy is another vigilante. And this martian is a monstrous manhunter." So with strategic and tactical help from Lex Luthor, Superman hunts and captures all of them. He then reveals to Superman that what he's created by capturing everyone is a sovereign force more powerful than any on Earth. This team can take down an army. No nation in the world can stand against them. Essentially Lex can rule the world. Red flags start appearing to Superman, but Lex tells Superman his next job is to take out Batman.

Torn between his loyalty to Lex (he DID help Superman repair his international image) and his new found skepticism, he reluctantly confronts Batman but ends up joining him and going rogue. Superman realizes that he can't physically or lawfully go head to head with Lex and that what he needs to do is to free those that he captured. Him and Batman stage a jailbreak to free the prisoners. This prompts Lex to send his Luthor droids to combat the prisoners. Superman takes command and shouts out orders and tactics to the freed prisoners in order to minimize civilian casualties and property damage. Superman pinpoints one Luthor droid and rips it open. Lex is in it. "What are you doing? You can't kill me! You destroyed half the city...." but in reality, thanks to Superman's leadership, Metropolis is almost unharmed. Superman taps Luthor on his head, knocking him out. The Justice League has now been formed.

The only things I would change about Landis's pitch would be to have Lex make it seem like it was Clark/Superman's idea that they work together. Lex is supposed to be the ultimate businessman so he'd be really good at convincing people that his ideas are really theirs. That way it wouldn't feel so much like Superman is working FOR Lex, but instead working WITH Lex. I'd also throw in some Metallo and/or Parasite in with the final battle with the Luthor droids for good measure. Lastly, Max also said he'd want James Cameron to direct but this is Screen Junkies Movie Fights where anything and everything is possible. Realistically I would've loved to have seen what J.J. Abrams, Brad Bird, or Jon Favreau could've done with a screenplay written by Max Landis.

Last edited:
Here are my thoughts:

-Merge Lex with Maxwell Lord, since he kept tabs on the heroes, he might as well be the one starting the Justice League, but instead of calling them that, he calls him Lex's super team, just to keep them under wraps, unless it's a special mission.

-The reason for that is that Lex knows about Darkseid through his rivalry with Intergang, Intergang weapons and powers come from Apokalypse, and Luthor knows about this by placing professional spies at Intergang's headquarters.

-Ditch Doomsday, ignore Zod's corpse after that scene of exposition about Kryptonite test results, or don't even place Zod's corpse since there is exposition.

-Scrap out the childhood of Bruce Wayne, that is some of the biggest time wasting slow mo porn I can ever think of.

-Remove hints of Batman killing crooks.

-Give Superman more screen time, and cancel his hatred toward Batman, especially that stupid scene where he kicks the batmobile in the middle of a chase with Anatole.

-Correct how Perry White is presented. None of his nonsensical dialogue from the film should stay.

-And as others said, scratch out the scene in Africa, that is more nonsense.

This is a long one, but here we go.

Open with death of Robin, Batman unmasks while cradling Robin's body, revealing his face. This is cross-cut with the death of Bruce Wayne's parents.
Title: Batman v Superman
Metropolis battle flashback from Bruce's POV

18 months later...

Superman is performing saves around the world after the Metropolis attack. He's a popular figure among the downtrodden and now the charming hero we expect him to be. As a gesture of peace, he has allowed the US government to keep the scout ship. The world still is unsure how to feel about him, so he's trying very hard to prove himself a savior.

He has a quiet life with Lois, but he's frustrated that his Superman persona is limited by geopolitics and his own fallibility, and cannot do more to help people. He can hear the cries every day of those he can't save, and this saddens him.

In Gotham, Batman has grown more ruthless since the rumored death of Robin at the hands of the Joker five years ago. We open with the warehouse action scene and a subsequent car cahse, and KGBeast is easily dispatched and branded, while many of his men are killed. Alfred warns Bruce in the Batcave that he no longer is what he used to be, implying that he enjoys hurting people now. Bruce argues back that his no-kill rule is what cost Robin his life.

We find Lex Luthor, jealous of Superman's power, convincing the government to give him access to the scout ship and the World Engine, and he finds Kryptonite. He contacts Bruce at a gala in Gotham. Bruce drops his playboy persona around him and Lex offers him some Kryptonite, which Bruce accepts later at Wayne Enterprises.

Back at Wayne Manor, Bruce analyzes the Kryptonite and Lex's data. Alfred seems disturbed by Bruce's obsession with Superman, but goes along with Bruce's plan to develop weapons that can stop him. Alfred asks Bruce if he's ever considered Superman may have a human persona, but Bruce rejects the notion and can only see Superman as inhuman.

Meanwhile, Clark catches wind of Batman's vigilantism and decides that if he can't do all he can as Superman, he should at least try to as Clark Kent. He and Lois venture to Gotham to expose Batman as a criminal. Clark visits GCPD, looks through old records, and discovers Batman's appearance coincides with Bruce Wayne's return to Gotham 20 years ago. He also finds out Batman's methods used to be less brutal. Lois focuses on Batman's high-tech gadgets and discovers Wayne Enterprises invested in projects like a powerful military car and a grappel gun that were eventually canned - and are used by Batman.

That night, some of Luthor's experimental drones are hacked in Gotham and turn on its citizens, forcing Superman and Batman to come to the city's rescue. Superman easily takes out some drones and does so while protecting people, while Batman brutally knocks them out of the sky with the Batwing, forcing Superman to stop the debris from hitting the city. The two of heroes angrily confront each other after the battle. Superman warns Batman to stop his cruelty or stop being a vigilante, and reveals he doesn't need X-ray vision to know he is Bruce Wayne; Batman warns Superman that his time will come and asks him if he bleeds. Superman flies back to Metropolis.

Clark and Lois are assigned to interview Luthor after the disaster. Luthor appears distraught over the incident, and disparages Superman's intervention as "reckless." Clark, visibly hurt by the comment, argues that Superman is here to do good and he wants to help people, but Luthor says humanity should not be lifted up by gods, that humanity should rise up on their own to be stronger. Clark leaves the interview bitter. A scene reveals Luthor has been tailing Clark for some time now and knows he is Superman.

Clark later confides in Lois that he's tired of being hurt by what people think of him. Lois suggests he hold a press conference and announce his intentions to the world. Then he flies off to save a girl from committing suicide, and we see he has to make a complete 180 and become the shoulder to lean on.

Meanwhile, Bruce finishes developing the Kryptonite weapons. Bruce gives Alfred his 1% speech and tells him he is going to save the world. Alfred reveals how much he despises what Bruce is becoming and leaves Wayne Manor. Bruce later leaves for another gala, which Clark is covering. Clark confronts Bruce, revealing his identity. Bruce is initially taken aback, but rejects Clark's humanity. Clark tells Bruce he won't let him hurt any more people; Bruce says the same.

Lex learns more about the ship and decides to create Doomsday as a fail-safe in case the upcoming battle does not go as planned. Mercy Graves asks him why he didn't use Doomsday first. Lex replies he wants humanity to make God bow.

Superman contacts the mayor of Metropolis and a press conference is later held at the Black Zero memorial (there is no Supes statue yet). Superman is suddenly weakened by a Kryptonite ray from an unknown source and his heat vision goes nuts, destroying part of the park and city. Clark thinks Bruce is behind it; Bruce thinks Clark attacked the city. Superman flies away. The city goes on high alert.

That night, Batman calls Superman to Gotham. Before going, Clark and Lois talk. Lois tells him not to go, that she doesn't think Bruce is behind it, and even if he is, Clark should go through the police instead. Clark refuses, telling her that Superman needs to prove himself, not be saved by others.

Lois frantically attempts to stop the fight.

Superman arrives, and both accuse the other of causing the disaster. The fight is vicious as both heroes tear through an abandoned part of Gotham. The fight ends when Superman restrains himself from crippling Batman, allowing Batman to gain the upper hand with the Kryptonite spear. Clark tells Bruce to tell Lois he loves her just as Lois bursts in from a DP helicopter. This stops Bruce from killing him, as he realizes he is becoming a murderer.

Superman and Batman both realize they are on the same side. They head back to the Batcave, where the three of them deduce that Lex is behind all this. The drones were used to bring them into conflict and he supplied the Kryptonite. Superman and Batman go to Lex at the scout ship, where he unleashes Doomsday. Superman and Batman lead Doomsday away from Metropolis and back to Gotham, where Superman kills Doomsday with the Kryptonite spear.

Back at LexCorp, Superman confronts Lex from outside his office. They discuss Superman's place in the world, and Superman parts telling Lex that he will always be watching. Lex rejects Superman's human identity as a sham. In the end, Lex is secretly horrified by what he has done in his attempt to destroy Superman.

In the aftermath, Superman and Batman are hailed as public heroes, and Clark finally feels satisfied with his heroism. A Supes statue is unveiled. Lex has blamed the incident on the Kryptonian technology and holdover genetic experiments, and suggested that the ship's technology was responsible for causing Superman's powers to go crazy. Bruce reunites with Alfred.

At the Kent Farm, Clark and Bruce decide to work together, and Clark urges they they assemble a league to solve the problems they alone cannot.

Closing title: Dawn of Justice

This would definitely have been a big improvement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"