How would you have done Spider-Man 4?

Kirsten's not a bad actress, her character was simply not very well written and it was hard to find her likeable as MJ.

I don't disagree, but I don't think the character was beyond saving. Raimi & Co. kind of made it clear that she was the one and only for Peter, but I guess anything is possible to change also. I did love BDH's Gwen Stacy and would love to have seen more of her character.

I don't disagree, but I don't think the character was beyond saving. Raimi & Co. kind of made it clear that she was the one and only for Peter, but I guess anything is possible to change also. I did love BDH's Gwen Stacy and would love to have seen more of her character.

I agree. However a thing I often hear about regarding Spider-Man 4 was that Peter and MJ would have a son.....I really would like to know more about this, I know it started from casting calls asking for red headed toddlers.

I agree. However a thing I often hear about regarding Spider-Man 4 was that Peter and MJ would have a son.....I really would like to know more about this, I know it started from casting calls asking for red headed toddlers.

Did not know that. Not a fan of that angle tbh. I do wish we could have seen a Spider-Man 4 with Raimi at the helm, but alas.

Did not know that. Not a fan of that angle tbh. I do wish we could have seen a Spider-Man 4 with Raimi at the helm, but alas.

I'm not a fan of the concept of Spider-Man being a father, plus wouldn't the baby realistically die before it's born due to the radiation?

And yes, if Raimi had 100% control of Spider-Man 4, it probably would have been another Spider-Man 2 and raise the bar even higher for superhero movies. And actors like Dylan Baker maybe would become house hold names if they were given bigger roles.

Hmm..

Definitely would've kept Mysterio in through a montage (with the reveal he's Bruce Campbell) and I would've made JJJ a more prominent role. Also would've done away with Mary Jane. Kill her off, send her away, etc. I don't really care but she was like Andrea of The Walking Dead. Character was not salvageable and she really brought down the series by Spider-Man 2 and 3.

As much as I love 'ol Vulchie, I think I would've wanted The Lizard overall as he's my favorite Spider-Man villain. Have Peter and JJJ go on their trip to Florida and have Spider-Man away from New York for a change (since Sony wanted that for a bit anyway with the later series).

Oh, and give May a small role compared to the previous films, too. Think that would've been just fine.

I'm not a fan of the concept of Spider-Man being a father, plus wouldn't the baby realistically die before it's born due to the radiation?

I actually am a fan of that concept, my issue just stems from the fact that Peter and MJ were an awful couple and I doubt a baby would save 'em.

And yes, if Raimi had 100% control of Spider-Man 4, it probably would have been another Spider-Man 2 and raise the bar even higher for superhero movies. And actors like Dylan Baker maybe would become house hold names if they were given bigger roles.

Shame. :csad:

I actually am a fan of that concept, my issue just stems from the fact that Peter and MJ were an awful couple and I doubt a baby would save 'em.

Shame. :csad:

I can agree with what you are saying. If Peter and MJ didn't have such a toxic relationship then maybe I'd be fine with them having a baby.

No, it would likely have some spider-powers though. The spider in the Raimi Trilogy wasn't radioactive, but genetically engineered--like in the Ultimate books.

Hmm..

Definitely would've kept Mysterio in through a montage (with the reveal he's Bruce Campbell) and I would've made JJJ a more prominent role. Also would've done away with Mary Jane. Kill her off, send her away, etc. I don't really care but she was like Andrea of The Walking Dead. Character was not salvageable and she really brought down the series by Spider-Man 2 and 3.

As much as I love 'ol Vulchie, I think I would've wanted The Lizard overall as he's my favorite Spider-Man villain. Have Peter and JJJ go on their trip to Florida and have Spider-Man away from New York for a change (since Sony wanted that for a bit anyway with the later series).

Oh, and give May a small role compared to the previous films, too. Think that would've been just fine.

Would've loved the Vulture angle, especially as it seems that's where Raimi wanted to go but I LOVE the concept art for the Mysterio cameo. I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of MJ. I just think it would've been lazy to kill her off. She could go live with Aunt Anna in Florida or help her sister raise kids in Pittsburgh, both of which happened in the comics at various points.

The Florida trip would be kind of cool, but they kind of backed themselves into a corner making Connors a physicist instead of a biologist. Of course, that didn't stop him from examining the symbiote in Spider-Man 3. :o

Oh god.....Spider-Baby.....The thought of it just gives me nightmares....

Also I think Connors just decided to become a biologist after he studied the symbiote, then he probably began work on the lizard serum.

Also I think Connors just decided to become a biologist after he studied the symbiote, then he probably began work on the lizard serum.

That's not how advanced science works though...

That's not how advanced science works though...

Oh. Either way it was dumb to change Connors' job from the comics. I've also been wondering as to what he could have looked like as The Lizard in Spider-Man 4.....I would hope he'd have a snout and clothes on.

Oh. Either way it was dumb to change Connors' job from the comics. I've also been wondering as to what he could have looked like as The Lizard in Spider-Man 4.....I would hope he'd have a snout and clothes on.

Agreed, felt like an unnecessary change. Either pointless or careless.

There's some concept art of the the Raimi Lizard, I'll link it here. No lab coat, but both do feature some ripped up jeans.
lizard+rough01acopy.jpg

liz04+copy.jpg

Obviously, this wouldn't have been the final product, but based on what we see here, I think the Webb version was fine. Don't think Raimi particularly wanted to use the Lizard anyway. All storyboards and released concept art based on script have featured the Vulture.

Agreed, felt like an unnecessary change. Either pointless or careless.

There's some concept art of the the Raimi Lizard, I'll link it here. No lab coat, but both do feature some ripped up jeans.
lizard+rough01acopy.jpg

liz04+copy.jpg

Obviously, this wouldn't have been the final product, but based on what we see here, I think the Webb version was fine. Don't think Raimi particularly wanted to use the Lizard anyway. All storyboards and released concept art based on script have featured the Vulture.

I've seen those concept designs, they are from the original version of Spider-Man 2 when Lizard was one of the villains. Great designs but for some reason I imagine they would have made Lizard look he did in the Spider-Man 3 game.

maxresdefault.jpg

How would I do it? I wouldn't. Here you go. :D

Just kidding. I would make a different movie than first three SM films. That means: Peter DOESN'T struggle with his powers, villain IS NOT made by experiment gone wrong and Spidey DOESN'T SAVE the screaming and irritating lady in trouble (MJ) in the end. I would make up a different story. Here you go. A perfect, fresh new start. :p

I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of MJ. I just think it would've been lazy to kill her off. She could go live with Aunt Anna in Florida or help her sister raise kids in Pittsburgh, both of which happened in the comics at various points.

Killing her off was just one of little mini examples I had. :oldrazz: I'd rather her go away just to get a break from her. Really bogged down Peter, IMO.

The Florida trip would be kind of cool, but they kind of backed themselves into a corner making Connors a physicist instead of a biologist. Of course, that didn't stop him from examining the symbiote in Spider-Man 3. :o

With that change, I wonder how The Lizard would've been done. Still, I feel like that Florida trip would've been perfect for Raimi's directing. Bumps up JJJ to a more prominent role and we just have some fun with Peter and JJJ.

Still, I feel like that Florida trip would've been perfect for Raimi's directing. Bumps up JJJ to a more prominent role and we just have some fun with Peter and JJJ.

My God, I'd kill for a 2-hour film with most of the screen time being interactions between Tobey's Peter and Simmons' JJJ with direction by Raimi.:hmr:

It would be a really OUT THERE Spider-Man film but it could work in an established universe like the Raimi Trilogy's.

My version of Spider-Man 4 would have utilized Dylan Baker's Lizard. And Bruce Campbell's character would make a cameo as Mysterio as shown in those storyboards.

Peter would have finally confessed to Aunt May that he is Spider-Man, and he would be married to Mary Jane by the end of the film. Basically a nice way to wrap up the series and tie up loose ends. It would leave it at a point where more films could be made, but if this was the final entry it would be satisfying.

J. Jonah Jameson would play a bigger role as well, and he would pretty much "fire" Peter after he finds out that he is marrying his son's ex-fiance. Just to bring back some elements of Spider-Man 2 into the mix.

My version of Spider-Man 4 would have utilized Dylan Baker's Lizard. And Bruce Campbell's character would make a cameo as Mysterio as shown in those storyboards.

Peter would have finally confessed to Aunt May that he is Spider-Man, and he would be married to Mary Jane by the end of the film. Basically a nice way to wrap up the series and tie up loose ends. It would leave it at a point where more films could be made, but if this was the final entry it would be satisfying.

J. Jonah Jameson would play a bigger role as well, and he would pretty much "fire" Peter after he finds out that he is marrying his son's ex-fiance. Just to bring back some elements of Spider-Man 2 into the mix.

That sound great. Lizard and Mysterio classic villains too which Raimi love best.

They were building up Dylan Baker's Doctor Connors for two films, so I'm very sad that we never got to see him turn into the Lizard. That's part of why I'm grateful for the SM3 game since he does transform into the villain at some point.

Alternative pitch:

Spider-Man 4 would've been a soft reboot, continuing the story from Spider-Man 3 somewhat but also breathing new life into the series. The film would not have featured Tobey, Kirsten, Franco, etc. but would've maintained Simmons and Dylan Baker. Essentially, James Bonding the Spider-Man franchise.

Easy alternatives for Tobey and Kirsten would've been JG and MEW. Tobey was looking too old by SM3 and Kirsten is just awful. Easy.

Start the film out with MJ being away from Peter with Peter being on his own or with his Aunt. I would've looked to him wanting to pursue being a teacher (ala JMS) and being a an assistant for Dr. Connors. Boom, closer connection to Connors, meets his family, and voila -- Lizard is the villain of the film.

4151652226_17a84eeae2.jpg

SPIDEY_001.jpg

8078-lizard-6.jpg

I think that would have been good if they couldn't get Sam Raimi or the original cast back.

I LOVE the idea of keeping JK Simmons or Dylan Baker. I would've also kept the entire Daily Bugle cast as well, and maybe even try to get Bruce Campbell to return.

I think that would have been good if they couldn't get Sam Raimi or the original cast back.

I LOVE the idea of keeping JK Simmons or Dylan Baker. I would've also kept the entire Daily Bugle cast as well, and maybe even try to get Bruce Campbell to return.

Exactly. I was fine with Tobes and Raimi but when those early bits happened where we didn't know if Tobey, Kirsten and/or Raimi would've returned, I think that would've been a good way to keep a franchise going without a hard reboot.

Sony really messed up.

Truthfully,I would've had Peter and MJ take a break for a while. They still love each other,but after what happened in the last film I think they both have a lot of soul searching to do. Enter Black cat. She would come in tempt Peter/Spidey. For a bit he would have fun chasing her and the same for her. Her and Spidey would have that sexual chemistry(like in the comic),but she is a villain after all. And Peter knows he can't be with her. And let's say MJ actually met someone else,but she's taking it slow. But by the end of the film both Peter and MJ realize they only love each other,and they get back together...with Peter proposing marriage.
Aunt May would die.
And the main villain would have to be the Lizard. Dr. Connors would have his family here and Spidey would have to save him from himself,and help him return to his loved ones. I really wouldn't like to see the Lizard talk. I'd like him as just this vicious creature.
Oh,and I like everyone's suggestion the Bruce Campbell return as Mysterio,only as a beginning fight to start the movie.

Truthfully,I would've had Peter and MJ take a break for a while. They still love each other,but after what happened in the last film I think they both have a lot of soul searching to do. Enter Black cat. She would come in tempt Peter/Spidey. For a bit he would have fun chasing her and the same for her. Her and Spidey would have that sexual chemistry(like in the comic),but she is a villain after all. And Peter knows he can't be with her. And let's say MJ actually met someone else,but she's taking it slow. But by the end of the film both Peter and MJ realize they only love each other,and they get back together...with Peter proposing marriage.
Aunt May would die.
And the main villain would have to be the Lizard. Dr. Connors would have his family here and Spidey would have to save him from himself,and help him return to his loved ones. I really wouldn't like to see the Lizard talk. I'd like him as just this vicious creature.
Oh,and I like everyone's suggestion the Bruce Campbell return as Mysterio,only as a beginning fight to start the movie.

Good stuff right here. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"