Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

I wished they would've kept Venom(or at least Eddie Brock)alive and continue that story in part 4. But what I would've liked to have seen is the Lizard and Black cat as villains. After the tramatic events of part 3, MJ and Peter should've taken a little break from each other. Have MJ go to Europe and study acting while Peter flirts with,and has a bit of fun with Black cat.

Agreed 100%. My number one dream film is Spider-Man 4 with Venom and Carnage as the villains, done as a dark gritty sci-fi movie by Paul W. S. Anderson (Alien vs. Predator and Resident Evil) instead of Raimi with Maguire, Jensen Ackles as Brock instead of Topher, Cillian Murphy as Carnage, and Claire Danes.

Brock would be locked in the same cell as Cletus Kasady, they have some banter as Brock threatens to beat him up while we see Kasady laughing like a maniac. The symbiote finds Brock and helps him escape, leaving behind a piece of itself which enters Kasady's bloodstream via wound received during Venom's escape. Kasady later escapes after slaughtering some guards in the process and writing Carnage in blood on the wall.

After fighting Carnage and realizing he's no match on his own, Spidey finds out about Brock's ex-wife and goes to visit her. In a scene straight out of ASM #375, Spider-Man is able to locate Venom at an amusement park, and they proceed to fight again until Anne appears and attempts to convince Brock that Spidey needs his help in order to stop Carnage to which Brock agrees.

Last edited:
Agreed 100%. My number one dream film is Spider-Man 4 with Venom and Carnage as the villains, done as a dark gritty sci-fi movie by Paul W. S. Anderson (Alien vs. Predator, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil) instead of Raimi with Maguire, Jensen Ackles as Brock instead of Topher, Cillian Murphy as Carnage, and Claire Danes as Anne Weying... kind of odd, but she looks it.

Brock has been sent to Rykers Island and shares a cell with Cletus Kasady. With help from the returning symbiote, Brock escapes and unknowingly leaves behind a piece of symbiote which enters Kasady’s bloodstream via wound received during Venom’s escape.

Spider-Man encounters Venom again and Carnage escapes after slaughtering a bunch of guards in the process. Once Spider-Man meets Carnage and realizes he’s no match on his own, he finds out about Brock’s ex-wife and goes to pay her a visit. In a scene straight out of ASM #375, Spider-Man is able to find Venom at an amusement park, and they proceed to fight again until Anne appears and attempts to convince Brock that the only way to stop Carnage is to team up with Spidey to which he reluctantly agrees.

No offense but that is not a sequel and honestly would have probably not worked at all.

At that point it is just a reboot. It would be a bad jump to have what we had in Raimi's films, which was a more fun comic-like approach and have it just go "dark and gritty"

Movies like AvP and Mortal Kombat are a terrible inspiration for any film to follow.

No offense but that is not a sequel and honestly would have probably not worked at all.

At that point it is just a reboot. It would be a bad jump to have what we had in Raimi's films, which was a more fun comic-like approach and have it just go "dark and gritty"

Movies like AvP and Mortal Kombat are a terrible inspiration for any film to follow.

None taken this is my dream film not yours. :oldrazz:

I just don't really think a "more fun comic like approach" would work if you were to continue the Venom story and introduce Carnage which is why I'd go for a change in director to reflect that transition.

I just listed those movies above as examples of movies that are directed by Paul Anderson who I think would nail Carnage.

Here is a video with the things that we know about SM4:

I wish they made it instead of those disappointing movies by Mark Webb.

I know I replied very late but I feel that video got many things wrong like Lizard, Raimi wanted Lizard but Sony said no because his face wasn't human enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"