Howard the Duck on DVD!

Haha, I love this movie! It's so much goofy fun!

Yes it is a terrible adaptation from the comics, but I have nostalgic feelings on this one from when I was a kid. I will certainly buy this DVD.

I want to master the ways of Quack-Fu! :grin:

I loved this movie growing up! :applaud

I still haven't gotten around to buying this on dvd, I have an old battered ex-rental video of it. But, I usually put it off not long into it, ten , twenty minutes, as it starts doing my head in, it makes me think of the bad name it has given Howard the duck, and the character in this movie is just nothing compared the Howard of the Gerber comics. To me i suppose this is like sitting down to watch Batman and Robin if it was the only Batman movie ever released.
I should try to watch it as a bizarro 80's movie, but i can't help having the comics pop into my head and getting angry at the movie. With the right people behind it a HTD movie could be made nowadays that reflected Gerber's creation, or maybe he is only right for the comic book medium.
Sorry, po-faced post, but had to be honest for once.
I do like the scene in the diner though.
I'm gonna buy it on dvd, try and get into it, put the comics out of my mind for 2hrs. But, i have tried that before many times, maybe a nice laser picture will help.

What exactly is the difference between how Howard is portrayed in the comics to how he's portrayed in the movie?

I have not seen this movie, but the Nostalgia Critic scared me away from it. It's apparently teeming to the brim with bestiality themes.

What exactly is the difference between how Howard is portrayed in the comics to how he's portrayed in the movie?

I haven't watched the movie in a long time, but I'd really like to answer that in the form of an essay one day, sit down with it and the comics and get it down exactly.
Until then I would say the Howard in the comics was a very interesting character, he was funny, depressed, disillusioned, opinionated, heroic, sarcastic, angry, passionate, and always had something to say that was unexpected. In terms of real life people I'd say he was like Bill Hicks.
In the movie he was just some guy who happened to be a duck, there didn't seem to be anything special about him as a personality. All the jokes seemed to be about him being a duck, whereas in the comics you just accepted him on his own terms as Howard with his interesting points of view, you forgot he was a duck, that wasn't important in the end.

I have not seen this movie, but the Nostalgia Critic scared me away from it. It's apparently teeming to the brim with bestiality themes.

Nostalgia Critic can do that to you...:csad:

also...

ducktits
:csad:

Sweet action. I have seen this movie in forever.

I'm surprised this has never been released on DVD. It's a horrible movie, but I loved it when I was younger for some reason.

BTW shouldn't this be in the Marvel forum?:huh:

I hate this movie. It's complete garbage, and a bastardization of some awesome comics.

I will be buying the special edition on day one. I mean come on, it's Howard the god damn Duck on DVD. It should be required by law that everyone has to buy it.

I am so getting this when it comes out. No matter how many people who hate it. This one a fave of mine growing up.

haven't seen this in so long but i remember loving it as a kid . good too see it being acknowledged.

Way i see it Lea Thompson helped me through puberty in this movie plus Tim Robbins fn rocks in this movie!!

I always think of Howard the Duck as a look at how far Marvel has come when it comes to movies.

LOL..OMG I havent seen this movie in forever...I`ll probably but the DVD.

The sad thing is...Howard is actually much more awesome a character than his movie shows. If given to the right handlers a Howard movie could be an amazing comedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"