Howard The Duck UK DVD

RonJon_silver

Civilian
Reaction score
Metrodome Distribution has announced the release of Howard the Duck for the 18th of February 2008, priced at around £12.99. This release will mark the first time that the full, uncut version of the film has been available in the UK. The only confirmed bonus material is the original theatrical trailer.

whoa. Please please release this in the US.

George Lucas prevents Universal to release this one on DVD in the US. He sued Uni because they broadcast the movie in HD on cable TV. He has no say whatsoever in other territories 'cause there other companies already own the rights to the pic.

Why does he prevent it? It's not like he's planning on going back and re-doing it. And he didn't even direct it!

I, for one, would buy the DVD just to add to my Marvel live-action catalog. And I'm sure others out there would too. He only stands to make money from it. So why not?

And don't give me that integrity bull. He lost all integrity with the prequel trilogy.

George Lucas prevents Universal to release this one on DVD in the US. He sued Uni because they broadcast the movie in HD on cable TV. He has no say whatsoever in other territories 'cause there other companies already own the rights to the pic.

That blows. It's not the greatest movie, but as a kid, I loved watching it. I have a bootleg of it on DVD.

Lucas simply can't take any embarrassment in stride. He's got to try and hide it :p .

Why does he prevent it? It's not like he's planning on going back and re-doing it. And he didn't even direct it!

I, for one, would buy the DVD just to add to my Marvel live-action catalog. And I'm sure others out there would too. He only stands to make money from it. So why not?

And don't give me that integrity bull. He lost all integrity with the prequel trilogy.

I used to defend the prequels to death...I'm starting to see how bad they are and there faults...I recently saw the three together...What happened b/w the making of the original trilogy and the prequels? What the hell was Lucas thinking?! I took a Film History Class/I'm into film making/and someone I work with is into film making and we were talking the other day... in theory and in general the story at the core of the prequels is interesting.........but I can't get past the dialogue and cgi and a few other problems with certain elements......it doesn't have the magic of the originals...everything clicked well with the originals...I can't explain it...

1 thing I love about the originals was the fact that they used models for the ships, used sets and had costumes for the aliens and characters...

I guess you can say I'm saying the prequels didn't have passion for the material?

I also think of Bond films of yesteryear shooting so many great and amazing stunts (they still do...)...like I'm thinking when I watch one of the films they really did that, I'm looking at pre-title for The Spy Who Loved Me...............When I do my really cheap, lower than Troma quality/budget films I love creating effects, costumes, and what sets I can with what materials I have available from the ground up...I'm upsetting myself...I'll quit before I get to into it...

That is a shocking accusation and just plain old untrue.

His integrity was lost with the release of the special editions.

Exactly. :up:

The whole U.K. will be disgraced when this movie hits shelves.

The movie is bad, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine. I'd consider buying it on DVD. Seriously what does Lucas have to lose?

Even Ridley Scott helped do a big DVD release for LEGEND.

Dumb Lucas revisionist history, with his dumb special editions.

Howard the Duck honestly isn't as bad as some of the crap Hollywood puts out these days that makes tons of money.

What we need is to start demand for a Howard Special Edition. (Dark Overlord shoots first)

Metrodome Distribution has announced the release of Howard the Duck for the 18th of February 2008, priced at around £12.99. This release will mark the first time that the full, uncut version of the film has been available in the UK. The only confirmed bonus material is the original theatrical trailer.
I saw this movie last year, it's a kind of weird movie. The worst part for me was the villain; of all the ways to introduce villains, this one is definitly a contender for worst villain introduction ever.

YES!!!!! baaaaad film but want it for my marvel dvd collection...........just waiting on nick fury now :D

edit : £10 on amazon....shame they used the egg image for the cover and not the one of howard sitting in the chair

I used to defend the prequels to death...I'm starting to see how bad they are and there faults...I recently saw the three together...What happened b/w the making of the original trilogy and the prequels? What the hell was Lucas thinking?! I took a Film History Class/I'm into film making/and someone I work with is into film making and we were talking the other day... in theory and in general the story at the core of the prequels is interesting.........but I can't get past the dialogue and cgi and a few other problems with certain elements......it doesn't have the magic of the originals...everything clicked well with the originals...I can't explain it...

1 thing I love about the originals was the fact that they used models for the ships, used sets and had costumes for the aliens and characters...

I guess you can say I'm saying the prequels didn't have passion for the material?

I also think of Bond films of yesteryear shooting so many great and amazing stunts (they still do...)...like I'm thinking when I watch one of the films they really did that, I'm looking at pre-title for The Spy Who Loved Me...............When I do my really cheap, lower than Troma quality/budget films I love creating effects, costumes, and what sets I can with what materials I have available from the ground up...I'm upsetting myself...I'll quit before I get to into it...

well if you watch episode 1, you will see it has a much more "classic" feel that fits sort of with the original formula as well as over all feel...

its episode 2 and 3 where it falls apart, trying to be more epic, more special FX heavy... and a more and overly complicated story with less time spent on actors and dialogue.

plus episodes 1,4,5, and 6 lucas had other people working and helping him out... episodes 2 and 3 he got rid of the help and "advice" and did his own thing.

I'm not too sure on this...I'll await the third edition of it, I'm sure they'll be at least four different copies.:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"