Hype Survivor: Mods vs Members - Day 9: Cry Wolf

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
165870_10150983803596788_1576762005_n.jpg

Welcome to Day Nine. Congratulations are in order. You have all officially made the jury. That is a milestone in and of itself. One player who doesn't deserve a pat on the back is Byrd Man. Our reigning champ drove 99 yards and settled for a field goal....and then he shanked the field goal, wide left. He will soon by joined by two players however...but first...

THE RULES:

The Game

Hype! Survivor is a game of strategy, deception, and skill. Alliances are both permitted and encouraged. Make no allies or make many allies, it's all up to you. There are many different ways to win this game. Masterminding, forethought, and hard work are the keys to success. Laziness and ineffective play will both be exposed and punished. Although being lazy may be a strategy, not participating at all is not. If the players and hosts feel at any time that a certain player is no longer participating, they can be removed from the game without warning.

As a side note: alliances can be with any of the players. It doesn't matter who they are nor what tribe they're on, just make sure it's someone you trust...or not. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer!

Challenges

Each tribe (or individual) will receive an immunity challenge for each game “day.” Instructions for challenges will be explained for each challenge. Some challenges may require judging, some may be trivia, some may be skill. Expect a variety for your playing pleasure. The tribe (or person) who does the best, wins immunity and is therefore safe from elimination that round.

Tribal Council

During the team portion of the game, the tribe who performed best at the end of the 'immunity challenge' (or round) wins immunity. The losing tribes will then go to “Tribal Council” and vote to eliminate 1 player from the game. They will be able to eliminate ANYONE from one of the losing tribe of the immunity challenge. Only the losing tribe gets to vote. The player with the MOST VOTES is removed from the game.

In the case of a tie at tribal council, there will be a tie-breaker challenge between the players with the most votes. The winner of the tie-breaker will determine who stays. During the solo portion of the game a tie-breaker challenge will also be used. The player who does the best on the tie-breaker will be allowed to stay, the other player will be eliminated.

In order to have your votes counted, please send them to both Matt and Hunter Rider. Please do NOT send your votes in to any other name. You will only have one chance to vote. There will be no changing your vote once your vote is cast. Vote carefully! If you do not send in a vote in the given time frame, IT WILL COUNT AGAINST YOU. Meaning, it will be a vote for yourself.

Hosts

Your hosts have gone to great lengths to ensure fairness. Merges, shuffles, and so on have been set in place. Only the hosts will know about these days in advance. There will be additional twists and turns throughout the game, so do not get too cozy.

At times, individual judgment calls will need to be made. We understand that players will not always see eye-to-eye with hosts. HOWEVER, the hosts word is final. There will be no negotiating hard and fast rules, but all cases will be fairly heard. Rest assured, hosts will be fair and neutral at all times and work with one another to come up with optimal solutions to your problems.

Furthermore, there are additional rules (for the host's eyes only). These have been set in place to help us with matters that may or may not arise. Please consult hosts before assuming anything. They may be able to help you out if you have a question.

Jury

The final Jury will be composed of seven people (everyone voted off from the remaining nine players who didn't make the finals). The Jury will then vote FOR WHO THEY THINK SHOULD WIN of the final two remaining players so we can crown the winner of the Hype! Survivor.

Cheating

A note on cheating: It's very easy to cheat in this game. Very, very easy. Some of the rounds will be much more difficult to cheat at than others (some will be downright impossible to cheat on). Regardless, hosts have ways of catching you and sometimes will even set up traps for you. If you feel you have to cheat, by all means, go ahead. But, if you're caught, you WILL be penalized. Again, specific rules of what's legal or not will be in each challenge PM.

One thing that is certainly NOT lawful under any circumstances is sharing usernames. Hosts have the ability to check IPs, and if you are caught sharing usernames then a severe penalty will be handed out. Please be mindful of only using your OWN username for this game.

Team Forum

During the team portion of the game, all tribes will have their own subforum. This is where they can brainstorm on all challenges and leave notes for the rest of their team. Each of these will require a password to use. The password will be changed every time someone is eliminated from your tribe. Each team member will be given the password to their own forum. However, these is no rule against sharing passwords with other teams. That is a legitimate strategy, and all players should be weary of it.

Team Captain

A team captain will be chosen before the start of each new challenge. The team captain is responsible for submitting challenge answers or tasks. If they cannot do so during that time frame, they must post who will do so in their team forum or by sending a pm to BOTH hosts.

Moderators

I know mods have certain abilities they can't turn off. But, do not use mod powers to your advantage. This includes using the washroom, IP tracking, etc. Ask me to do all that stuff. Abuse of mod powers will be punished.

Misc.

Whilst these rules are set as the guidelines for this game, each challenge will set the rules for that specific day. What may be cheating one day, may not be another day. Reading is fundamental. Make sure you familiarize yourself with this information, and those in the challenges as well. Please note that at times an announcement might be needed to amend the existing rules of this game, or the rules in the challenge. Please look for these and note them. Each day is marked by a new challenge.

Before we get to the day, here is our new board to reflect the fallen bird.

255rgqr_1_1_1_1_1-1.jpg

So onto the challenge....

Today, we’re going to play a murder mystery game. This challenge is all about mystery and uncertainty. In that vein….There are a few twists today….

Firstly, in this challenge there is the potential for three of you to win immunity.

Second, to make matters more complicated, you will be voting out TWO PLAYERS today.

Third it will not be your traditional tribal council. The two players with the most votes will be removed from the game. However you will only get one vote each. This underlines the need to strategically plan your voting. Furthermore, it is the ultimate test of loyalty as one wrong vote can send you home. Needless to say this makes immunity VERY important today.

Finally and this one is VERY IMPORTANT! You are not allowed to communicate with ANY OF THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE GAME ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD FROM THIS POINT ON. ALL DISCUSSION MUST BE PUBLIC! You are only allowed to talk the hosts about the game privately until told otherwise. You may NOT speak about tribal council, vote outs or alliances either. If it comes to my attention that you violate this rule you will be removed from the game (not the challenge, the game) and branded a cheater.

More will be explained in the PMs which will be sent shortly.

All PMs are sent, your first vote is due at noon tomorrow. Good luck.

Remember players....I put a lot of work into this challenge. This is my favorite. You've already wrecked my second favorite challenge. Don't wreck this one. :(

This sounds like fun. Should be interesting to say the least.

This does seem cool. I'm about to get to bed and have to leave early but I'll try to get my vote in before I leave in the morning.

Edit!

Wait, I'm getting a little confused. Can we or can we not post in this thread about targeting wolves?

Last edited:
Alright, read over the rules again. We CAN discuss game in THIS thread. As I was saying:

Man, I was hoping for some game talk by now. I'm thinking that the wolves would be players who aren't necessarilly known as schemers or powerful players. That'd be too obvious. Or maybe one powerful player and two newer players?

I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Anyway, my boss called this morning and asked that I go to my regular position today to prepare for the weekend (I've been filling in at another school all week) so I'll have some computer access. If we want to get on and discuss some options then I could hold off my vote.

I sent in my vote already. The more I think about it, the Wolves have it too good in this game and I will be shocked if thy do not win. They know who the sheep are, they get to kill one of them every round along side the sheep cutting someone who is old be one of their own, and the only source of good quality clues the sheep get, is invalidated because the wolves get to give the sheep two false clues. To me the game seems incredibly slanted toward them and the sheep are relegated to hopefully getting a lucky vote out. Can you at least take away the two false clues? That gives the sheep a fighting chance.

Last edited:
I kind of agree. They know who we are and can communicate. Yes, there are more sheep...but it will be incredibly hard for the sheep to win with more than 1 player.

IA. Numbers are kind of irrelevant with the amount of advantages the wolves get. Heck it could end up being three on three by the end of the next round. All the wolves have to do, is just sit back, and cut the sheep one by one and just hope they don't get lucky with their vote.

After considering it, I've decided to agree. I think 2 fakes may have been more appropriate if there were 8 or 9 sheep. So...

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: WOLVES CAN ONLY GIVE ONE FAKE CLUE (as well as any lies that they wish to tell in thread)

:dry:

That doesn't change anything really, but okay.

I did exactly what you asked. Took away one of their fake clues. I mean, I can't very well revamp the entire challenge at this point. Keep in mind, when I designed this, I expected a couple more players for this challenge but inactivity led to increasing the number of vote outs in the early rounds (to flush out some dead weight). But I am trying to be accommodating. But I need to understand where you're coming from. You asked me to take away one of their fake clues, I did. But you still take issue?

They shouldn't have any false clues. IMO. Having just one still taints the only lifeline the sheep have.

Clues are not the sheep's only lifeline. You guys have a numerical advantages and the ability to vote out the first player without a wolf murder. The fake clue is part of the game....it adds to the paranoia factor. That being said, I am reasonable so I am going to give you an option....I will take votes on this until 11:59 (sorry, we're on a deadline). Either the Wolves get one fake clue...or at the end of each round when I am preparing the fake clue I will roll a six-sided die. If I get the number six, the clue will be fake. That means there is a one in six chance of getting a fake clue EVERY round but the odds are heavily in your favor that the clue is real (but the chance that it isn't remains, maintaining the element of paranoia). Up to you guys....thoughts?

TIME OUT! NEGATE THE PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENT! WOLVES STILL HAVE TWO FAKE CLUES!

I'm sorry guys, I'm tired and forgot the rules of my own game. Each round, there will be multiple clues. Clues are unique to certain players. I believe I mentioned that in the PMs. You guys get more than one and it is up to you to share information accordingly. Fake clues may be negated by multiple real clues. You have ways to find out what is fake if you play as a team, by doing so, you figure out who real sheep are (Wolves do not get clues, so if they give misinformation that is negated by your clues, you have them at a disadvantage). THAT is why I gave them fake clues, because you guys get more than one (giving sheep another advantage) and it is up to you to solve the puzzle.

Clues are not the sheep's only lifeline. You guys have a numerical advantages and the ability to vote out the first player without a wolf murder.

Having numbers is not an advantage here, since the wolves have all of the power here. We will see. I am willing to bet, unless we get lucky, the Wolves win the immunity. If they do, it's because of bad luck on our part.

And to those who know me and know how honest of a game I play, I am a sheep. I just hate seeing a solid challenge, that is slanted toward one group to win. It's not the first nor last time that I will call a host out on challenge. Hope that explains things a bit.

Read my announcement. You get multiple and substantial clues. The clues will not be worthless, I assure you that. You may have to share and put two and two together but you'll have the tools.

And if the wolves send a fake clue it only goes to one player. The rest of you get real clues.

TIME OUT! NEGATE THE PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENT! WOLVES STILL HAVE TWO FAKE CLUES!

I'm sorry guys, I'm tired and forgot the rules of my own game. Each round, there will be multiple clues. Clues are unique to certain players. I believe I mentioned that in the PMs. You guys get more than one and it is up to you to share information accordingly. Fake clues may be negated by multiple real clues. You have ways to find out what is fake if you play as a team, by doing so, you figure out who real sheep are (Wolves do not get clues, so if they give misinformation that is negated by your clues, you have them at a disadvantage). THAT is why I gave them fake clues, because you guys get more than one (giving sheep another advantage) and it is up to you to solve the puzzle.

So, we each get separate clues. The wolves can make up clues. How can we trust anything anyone says is a real clue? Answer, we don't. Advantage wolves.

So, we each get separate clues. The wolves can make up clues. How can we trust anything anyone says is a real clue? Answer, we don't. Advantage wolves.

If you work as a team and share real clues, the fakes will be obvious. It's not perfect, it relies heavily on player participation. There is no reason that the sheep cannot win provided that they play as a team. I understand that is a big if.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT....

I AM RESTARTING THE CHALLENGE WITH TWO WOLVES! The more that I think about it, the more that I think Kal is right. This challenge can conceivably be over by the second round if the Wolves are on equal footing with the sheep (or out number them). For nine players two is the way to go. I will not reveal the original wolves identities. They are not allowed to reveal themselves as I do not want them to be unfairly targeted. Two is more balanced. That being said, because of the reduction of wolves, they will be allowed to murder someone in the first round. PMs will be sent shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"