Superman Returns I am Getting the HD-DVD!!!

SuperJediHero

Superhero
Reaction score
I order the HD-DVD version from Amazon.com )(As well as Superman I & Superman II Donner's cut on HD-DVD), as it SEEMS to be the cheapest right now ($27)

It SUCKS though it doesn't have SPecial Features (Like Mission Impossible 3 HD-DVD did)

I'm also getting the HD-DVD of Superman Returns and Superman The Movie. And to be perfectly honesty, it makes no sense to cram all of that information on a HD-DVD 30GG dual layer disc for Superman Returns. They could've just easily did a two-disc set as you mentioned Jedi.

From reviews, the quality of the video and audio don't take a hit but it's still pretty lazy. What's worse is that the Blu-Ray version of Superman Returns is a 50GB dual layer disc and WB only uses 30GBs of it. The remaining 20GBs on the disc are unused. Now that is just too lazy for words.

Can play HD DVDs in regular DVD players or do you need a special one?

You need a HD-DVD player to play HD-DVD's.

The SR HD-DVD is dual format though. So if you put it in a nnormal DVD player it will play the normal DVD content.

JediXAngel said:
I order the HD-DVD version from Amazon.com )(As well as Superman I & Superman II Donner's cut on HD-DVD), as it SEEMS to be the cheapest right now ($27)

It SUCKS though it doesn't have SPecial Features (Like Mission Impossible 3 HD-DVD did)

I hope you enjoy it.. The film is just amazing in HD :up:

HD DVD is pointless if it doesnt include all the stuff that made SD DVDs so great!

Mentok said:
You need a HD-DVD player to play HD-DVD's.

The SR HD-DVD is dual format though. So if you put it in a nnormal DVD player it will play the normal DVD content.

Oh okay. Thanks. :)

Hopefully the transfer is better than the standard DVD.

Hopefully the transfer is better than the standard DVD.

The transfer is sharper than the DVD...clearly. The colors are more vivid. But the grain, which is in fact digital noise and the intended looked of the color scheme of the film is more present as well.

This film has a retro look in its color scheme....

Actually I am also thinking about Getting the Ultimate Edition for $70- $10 Coupon!!!

Here is what I am gonna spend

$28 Superman Returns HD-DVD
$20 Superman I Movie HD-DVD
$20 Superman Donner's Cut HD-DVD
-
$60 Using Coupon

+

$60 Superman ULTIMATE Edition (Regular DVDs) using a $10 Coupon

= $120!

Can someone confirm if HD-DVD version in fact HAS any Special Features or don't cuz BlueRay's Got them!

The HD-DVD definitely has all the bonus features included on the 2-disc standard-definition DVD and the Blu-ray release, but the extras are only on the HD-DVD side (the DVD side is barebones).

ok who will post screencaps from the HD dvd ? and when?

thank you .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"