I am new meat with questions...

The Manly Torch

Civilian
Reaction score
I really hope I'm not really screwing things up for y'all by asking questions with a thread in this forum. I know how sensitive y'all RPG goers can be when newbies come along posting crap in the wrong forums and in the wrong way. Of course, newbies get slapped with stuff like "Read the FAQ's, you n00b idiot!" and "We have a guide, quit wasting our space." and, uh... whatever else... So, if in skimming the stickies here, I missed my answer, I apologize.

See, I'd like to participate in role-playing, but my desire is to roleplay a Ninja Turtle in a non-Mirage world, and not an original RPG. I was wondering if that One Universe RPG was open to other than Marvel and DC, but if not is there another RPG that includes various canon characters from different publishing companies?

Or am I just gettin' too specific? I appreciate any help in advance, and again.. Sorry about my newbie-ness post. I'm not really new at board role-playing, but I think I'm pretty new to the Hype RPG's. Thanks.

Don't worry about the newbness. That's how we all start out.

As to answer your question: The One Universe RP is limited to Marvel/DC and as far as I know, there's no RPG currently going on in which you can play a Ninja Turtle.

You're welcome to try your hand at the other RPG's and characters though.

Wow. I have to admit, after reading your manifesto, I was a little trepid when I saw your name as the most recent post. I appreciate your response. Guess the TMNT will have to wait. I suppose you can most likely just delete this thread now, it has served its purpose. Again, thanks.

Hey, it could stay on as the question thread for newbies...best name ever :up:

I'll take it as a compliment, but consider that my manifesto was largely written in defence of newbies and a counter to some of the elitist arguments pervading the RPG's. As it is, your thread doesn't really need deleting, maybe get closed or whatever. Perhaps a general question thread would be good to have to here.

You interested in any of the other RPG's?

Hey, there ya go. A question thread, fantastic! Heh. Thanks, Catman, and I love yer signature.

As a matter of fact, I'm already finding the Rise Of Marvels RPG interesting. The fact that I could play a character without being bound by all those years of Marvel's very complex history is very appealing. Do you know if they need any specific character? I wouldn't mind being helpful in that matter.

Hey, there ya go. A question thread, fantastic! Heh. Thanks, Catman, and I love yer signature.

As a matter of fact, I'm already finding the Rise Of Marvels RPG interesting. The fact that I could play a character without being bound by all those years of Marvel's very complex history is very appealing. Do you know if they need any specific character? I wouldn't mind being helpful in that matter.
We don't need anyone, persay. But you have a wide selection to choose from.

Hey, if it'd be better if I don't get involved in the F4, then I'll look to someone else. On the other hand, I could be helpful in keeping the F4 characters active if you think I could be of aid. It just happens that the Fantastic Four are my favorite Marvel line. You tell me which you think would be better, I don't want to be in anyone's way.

Hey, if it'd be better if I don't get involved in the F4, then I'll look to someone else. On the other hand, I could be helpful in keeping the F4 characters active if you think I could be of aid. It just happens that the Fantastic Four are my favorite Marvel line. You tell me which you think would be better, I don't want to be in anyone's way.
No, I don't mind having a fellow FF member, but - if you don't mind - I'd like to get through their origin first. It will only take three or four posts, and that way we can get it out of the way. Then you can pick up Ben, and we can be one big, happy family. :ff:

Well, I'll go ahead with the application. I gotta see if y'all will even accept firstly. And, BTW, if the Thing's gonna be the Torch's bodyguard, does that mean that they're gonna be gettin galong?

Well, I'll go ahead with the application. I gotta see if y'all will even accept firstly. And, BTW, if the Thing's gonna be the Torch's bodyguard, does that mean that they're gonna be gettin galong?
The Thing and Torch getting along?

What planet do you live on? :oldrazz:

My thread was scary? O.O;

And yeah..Harl's scared the pants off me too.

Welcome to the forums! AKA the best place ever! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"