I attended the TCA's last night.....

NotFadeAway

Superhero
Reaction score
.....and I met none other than Mr. Tom Welling himself. We chatted for a bit about Smallville and what type of projects he would like to have a stab at post-Smallville. Lets just say that he doesn't want to do anymore Clark Kent-esque characters, which is smart. Somebody doesn't want to end up like Dean Cain lol. You will be interested to know that Welling was approached to be Superman on the big screen twice, by both Brett Ratner and McG, but not by Bryan Singer. Tom didn't really want to talk at length about Superman Returns so I didn't badger him about it, but he did see the movie, with Rosenbaum no less, however it was not at the premiere that Rosenbaum attended, obviously. Overall, Tom is a kick ass guy, and if I ever hit it big Id love to work with him.

I also met Kristin Bell, David Boreanaz, Dane Cook, Jessica Simpson:) , Jessica Alba:up: , David Spade, Mischa Barton:) , and Eva Longoria:) . Great f^cking night guys.

Now Im going to go do some editing on my sh^t indy movie, talk to everyone in about a month or so.

That's really cool! I hope you had a good time.:)

Assuming your being truthful.:(

Brainiac 8 said:
That's really cool! I hope you had a good time.:)

Assuming your being truthful.:([/QUOTE]

I geuss you will never know lol :)

btw, I told David Boreanaz he would be my choice for Hal Jordan/Green Lantern......he dug it. Thought Id throw that out there.

That's so awesome, venom. Thanks for giving us a report!

How did you manage to meet Tom? I would think they'd keep the celebs under lock and key. Good for you!

Now for the strictly shallow members of our audience *cough*.. How did he look? As you expected?

Thanks for the great info!

Please, more details about Tom, please!!!

venom420 said:
........but he did see the movie...
skeptical.gif

TrailerCues said:
I guess Michael liked it to have seen it twice

That or he more likely he was too drunk to even remember the first time he saw it.

KikiDee said:
That or he more likely he was too drunk to even remember the first time he saw it.

Or just so highly amused he wanted to share the fun with his good buddy, Tom.
It's possible. I remember hearing a ?radio interview with MR where he said something about calling Tom with his cell phone while watching The Fog.. "Tom, nice shower scene.."

LOL.. I love Michael.

Michael talks also about his friend and costar Tom Welling and his latest movie "The Fog". "I went and saw 'The Fog.' When Tom was in the shower scene, I called him... You look so hot in the shower.' It was hilarious."

LOL :D

^That's it! Damn, KalK.. you're fast!

So.. was it a radio interview? I can't remember.

venom420 said:
.....and I met none other than Mr. Tom Welling himself. We chatted for a bit about Smallville and what type of projects he would like to have a stab at post-Smallville. Lets just say that he doesn't want to do anymore Clark Kent-esque characters, which is smart. Somebody doesn't want to end up like Dean Cain lol. You will be interested to know that Welling was approached to be Superman on the big screen twice, by both Brett Ratner and McG, but not by Bryan Singer. Tom didn't really want to talk at length about Superman Returns so I didn't badger him about it, but he did see the movie, with Rosenbaum no less, however it was not at the premiere that Rosenbaum attended, obviously. Overall, Tom is a kick ass guy, and if I ever hit it big Id love to work with him.
Did give any hints or say anything taht might or is happening on season 6?

The Incredible Hulk said:
yeah that part sticks out like a sore thumb...... :spidey:
Actually what did it for me was the mere concept that he was in the same room long enough to ask those questions.

I want to give venom the benefit of the doubt though, so I’ll just ask him to regale us with the story of how this came to be (leave no detail out, because it will be the details that make me believe this story to be true). I can assure you as someone who knows first hand how these events are handled by PR and how to get access to them, that I’ll know within seconds of reading it whether ‘tis true or not.

The Incredible Hulk said:
yeah that part sticks out like a sore thumb......
It's just... I dunno, the complete antithesis of what I would expect him to say. Obviously, I don't know the guy from a hole in the wall, but I know what he HAS said in both printed and on-camera interviews in the past....

Tom Welling said:
I had the opportunity to work with Christopher Reeve. He is probably the most knowledgeable guy on Superman in the world. The guy knows every single date, fact, time - everything. We got to the point in our discussion where I had to ask him, 'wait, I don't want to know that stuff.' I explained to him that, luckily growing up I had seen the Superman films but I didn't know them so much. I didn't follow the mythology all that much. So, when I came onto SMALLVILLE, even when I read the first script, I didn't have that knowledge in my head, floating around. So I'm able to go at Clark with only the information they've given me here on SMALLVILLE. I don't know who he's going to become, so I'm still figuring him out, just as he's figuring himself out.
He won't even pick up a comic book for this same reason, and he's got TONS of Superman-related paraphernalia; people keep sending him stuff. He's said that when the show ends, he'll go through everything, but right now, he simply doesn't want to know. It will color his performance, and he ONLY wants to know what the writers tell him about the character. It makes a lot of sense given where Clark is at at this point and I think Tom's a smart actor for taking that approach.

So somebody please tell me, why on EARTH would Welling go to see "Superman Returns?" That completely baffles me. I can understand his interest and curiosity, but I would have thunk he'd wait to see THAT film till AFTER he finished SV.

shrug.gif

Don't you think you fan's are over reacting that Tom saw a certain Movie ? & do you really think that anyone from Hollywood remmeber's anything they say in interviews ? In other words

Tom Welling saw Superman Returns

scream62997.gif

For real, like I'm sure Welling had to have checked out of curiosity or indirect intrest. And if he didnt I dont think it was because of any intentional reason either

Venom I want to believe the story but I'm gonna need some more info like how and why you were there, and a pic would definitely help.

In terms of your comments about Welling . . . .why would he go into that kind of detail. I would think he wouldnt really say anything about \S/ movie casting to people he'd never met.

As for his seeing SR. . . . I believe he probably did. I can see curiousity getting the best of him expecially when other cast and crew members have seen it. I respect the whole I dont want to know comics etc. position but this was everywhere.

Why is everyone doubting venom? Even if he didn't meet Tom Welling assuming he met everyone else he said it is still worthy of a thread to me.:O

Trailer Cues said:
Don't you think you fan's are over reacting that Tom saw a certain Movie?
Um, I "overreact" more to sock puppets and users that like to change their handles every couple of months. :rolleyes:

Look, I didn't say Venom was lying. He's been around for a very long time and he's a huge SV fan. But it still doesn't change the things that Welling has said in the past, and that is he only wants to go by what the SV writers give him. It has nothing to do with the movie itself but with the film's subject matter. Learn the difference between fanboy dissatisfaction with one product verses an artist's approach to portraying another.

do you really think that anyone from Hollywood remembers anything they say in interviews?
Nice to see how much credit you give them.

That quote I posted earlier isn't something Welling said once to one reporter and then promptly forgot; he's been saying it since Day One. Read his interviews. Watch him on his guest appearances. These are the things he says repeatedly. Why would he change that whole gestalt now?

In other words Tom Welling saw Superman Returns
Thanks for the confirmation. Pardon me for not putting too much stock in what you have to say, however.

I'm curious to see what James says about this. I'll take his word over random posters any day of the week. If anybody would know, HE would. He has a much better understanding of Welling's motivations and has the appropriate resources and contacts to verify or debunk the things he doesn't know.

If Welling did see the film, I would LOVE to hear his opinion, but I know enough not to hold my breath for that.

I heard Welling gave SR two thumbs up.....

*fill in joke/punchline here*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"