please let season 6 be the last.

kieron39

Sidekick
Reaction score
ok i been a fan of smallville since episode 1! and i just loved the idea of exploring the boy before the man. There have been some really really good stand alone episodes which i enjoy but i just really hate how they stretch out the story, i mean nearly six years and he's only flown once,(well twice if you count the time he was doing it in his sleep) and he still hates jor-el. plus tom welling is really starting to look his real age now (29). so this means he'll be thirty years old before the 6th season is finished. and he's suppose to look like an 19 year old.
ok so most shows do this as well, like one tree hill for example. but thats not my biggest concern. i just want to see the show wrap up while its still got some glory.

theres normally 22-24 episodes per season right, and probably half of those episodes are about that freak of the week. which is probably why season 4 and 3 were the worst. now i think that if they only focus on the lex braniac and zod, and also jor -el and krypton stories and finish it up neatly with clark realising his destiny being ready to take it on, and getting his other powers, (super breath and flight) it will be the perfect time, cause this way there'll be no time to jus have those lame episodes of a kyrptonite freak gone mad trying to kill every one.
i jus hope im not the only fan who feels this way
what do you guys think?

Actually Season 3 was 1 of the best, Season 4 had some great episodes, Season 5 started in a perfect way, disappointed at the end.

If Season 6 is successful like this was there'll be a 7th season you can count on it.

If they come up with good ideas i wouldn't mind a seventh season.

i dont think the flagship show of the new netowrk will only last one season, and im happy about that. but i do agree that the show needs to have longer more substanntive story arcs. it seems like the last 2 mins of each show advance the story, while the preceeding 46 mins are fotw.

10 season is way to much, but i didnt know it was the flagship for the new network. ah well. i jus hope that at least the progress will proceed faster than the past 4 season, season 5 went ok.

BareKnucklez said:
I hope they go 10 seasons
myself... I love the show.

Dear God I hope not . Clark is already their longer than he's suppose to be . Mythology wise @ the age of 18 Kent leaves Smallville behind to travel The world & find his place in the world as an adult .

Smallville needs to end @ either this Season (6) or Season 7 .

I had actually hoped that S5 would've been the end. But since they've got one more season at least, I hope they wrap up the loose ends and close it out on a strong note.

S5 was the strongest season since the first and will be hard to top. My thoughts about the other seasons:

Ranking of SM seasons:
S5-pleasantly surprised. S5 showed me that SM still had life in it. James Marsters as Milton Fine/Brainiac was a stroke of genius. His Brainiac is second only to the STAS version in my opinion.
S1-totally exceeded my expectations of what I thought the series might be. I was really skeptical of a show about young Clark Kent that didn't have anything to do with Superboy.
S2-carried on the strong tradition of S1. Loved Mrs. Lex Luthor.
S4-hated all the witch stuff and Kryptonian artifacts.
S3-felt this season there was a lot of standing in place. The storyline barely moved at all.

As long as they keep up the really cool stories and the awesome drama, I'm open to a 7th and possibly 8th season. As long as it doesn't get dragged out too much!

I'm just a big 'ole sucker - I've liked all of it, in varying degrees of course.

As long as don't go down a few paths that would piss me off ;) I hope they last 7 seasons. I don't mind the occasional FOTW eps either, I think they have to be judged on an individual basis, and not written off as a group.

Serene said:
I'm just a big 'ole sucker - I've liked all of it, in varying degrees of course.

As long as don't go down a few paths that would piss me off ;) I hope they last 7 seasons. I don't mind the occasional FOTW eps either, I think they have to be judged on an individual basis, and not written off as a group.

I agree... Clark has even been the FOTW a couple of times (Blank, Splinter) and those were great episodes.

:up:

Not all FOTW eps are created equal... ;)

Serene said:

Couldnt agree more. :up:

I'm not all bent up about what Clark is supposed to be doing at this stage of life, as long as his journey keeps me tuning in week in week out then I'm one happy camper.

I think there is at least two good seasons left in this show. There is still alot more to explore.

i think once season 6 starts, clark will hopefully realize the lexzod influence extended all over the world, spurring him to start his travels.

Avid, Triplet, Serene...couldn't agree more with you guys.

I personally enjoy the show, and have little to argue about. Yes it has some downers, but overall the show has been highly entertaining.

Season four hit a few slumps for me, but you have to admit S4 had some of the best episodes of the show, Run, Transference, and Commencement being three of them. (Not to mention Krypto, and Crusade.)

Season three being one of the worst though? That is my favorite season so far, only slightly better than Season Five. Only about half of that season were FOW, and one of the all time best episodes happened that season - "Memoria".

I wouldn't mind the show going one, two, or maybe three more seasons. You have to take for granted budgeting costs for a show like that. It's been explained how expensive flight is for them to do. Steve DeKnight even said that if he learns flight, we still wouldn't see him do it once maybe twice a season, because it's just expensive for them to do.

If you put it on paper though, Smallville has had much more winners than losers when it comes to story ideas and episodes.:up: :)

I hope it continues I can make it stop any season I want by quitting watching. It has been so up and down in quality it's not like we have to worry about it going downhill and ruining a perfect show. I'm glad we'll be seeing more of Lex's journey next season. As far as it being better with only a season left I haven't seen that with other shows. They will have the same budget and writers regardless of when it ends.

Lara said:
I hope it continues I can make it stop any season I want by quitting watching.
Aint THAT the truth.

It's the one thing I never understood about folks who want the show to end. Jeeze, want it end? Stop watching it. It's that simple. As far as I'm concerned, The Sopranos "ended" about two seasons ago on a boat called the Stugots (sp?) LOL.

When it comes to a TV series being canceled, I'd rather make the choice than have it made for me, y'know?

AgentPat said:
Aint THAT the truth.

It's the one thing I never understood about folks who want the show to end. Jeeze, want it end? Stop watching it. It's that simple. As far as I'm concerned, The Sopranos "ended" about two seasons ago on a boat called the Stugots (sp?) LOL.

When it comes to a TV series being canceled, I'd rather make the choice than have it made for me, y'know?

I think when people say they want it to end, it's because they love the show and want to see it end gracefully. It's hard to see something you loved turn pathetic (I'm NOT saying that Smallville has done that, I'm just saying that's why people say a show should end.)

JBMComics said:
I think when people say they want it to end, it's because they love the show and want to see it end gracefully. It's hard to see something you loved turn pathetic (I'm NOT saying that Smallville has done that, I'm just saying that's why people say a show should end.)
I get that. But it's all a matter of opinion what "ending gracefully" means. I think the 5th season of SV was the best yet. YMMV. To me, it gets better and better every year. I don't see it tail spinning into oblivion like others seem to think. I used The Sopranos as an example because I thought it was one of the best written shows on TV. Ever. But it just got... boring after the fourth season or so (I've lost track - I don't watch it anymore.) That said, I'm sure there are fans out there who think it's still great. More power to them. I'm glad it's still on the air to keep them happy. I have other choices of shows to watch however.

I've seen folks that absolutely loathe what SV has done to Superman, yet they still watch it because they say they have to keep up with the mythos, or something along those lines. Now THAT's being a pie brain if ever I heard one. It's a TV show. It's there to entertain. When it stops being entertaining, that's when I stop watching it. I can list a dozen shows I've taken that stance with, and there's no love lost when it happens. I just move on. There's plenty of TV shows to pick and choose from.

It's a silly thing...

I don't think the show is jumping the shark just because it goes 6 or 7 seasons. It's a great show that is highly entertaining and I don't see that changing just because it's "gone on too long"...

They've got a plan and I think that there are plenty of stories left to tell.

I'm in for the long haul. If anyone else is tired of waiting for Clark to finally pull on the tights, then they can stop watching until the series finale but I'll keep it programmed into my tivo.

Depends on how long the show is asked to go on by the CW executives, aint much more speculation than that and sure they will be more filler/shark jumping moments to strech the show but I really thought it was only gonna last 5 seasons but it lasts more it lasts more.

Its strange but...I also want this season to be the last.

Like most, I grew up with the show...I was 14 when it premiered and i'm 20 now.

I've seen some great episodes and some terrible episodes...

I don't know, for me I just feel like the concept is running on thin ice...we're at a point where the writers are treading a very fine line towards a "Metropolis" series...

Think about it, we're basically in Superman territory already! With General Zod, Brainiac, Evil Lex, Lois, FOS, etc.

It just coming to a point where Clark Kent's "backstory" is looking frightningly similar to his future life as Superman thus telling the "story" of his younger years kind of redundant...

Kal-El 8 said:
Dear God I hope not . Clark is already their longer than he's suppose to be . Mythology wise @ the age of 18 Kent leaves Smallville behind to travel The world & find his place in the world as an adult .

Smallville needs to end @ either this Season (6) or Season 7 .
i second that but to be honest I don't know how they're going to top Clark getting out of the phantom zone and being against Zod, season 6 should rap it all up which is going to suck because i love smallville, they just need to put everything into this last season

I am sorry but Season 6 should be the last season. I mean there really isn't that much left to tell if their not going to show some real growth in Lana or Clark. I mean the last two seasons I haven't seen any growth in the two other then they want to have sex now. They either need to start letting Clark grow as a person and as a hero or just get the series over with because with Clark it is starting to become just the same thing over and over.

Tony_Montana said:
I am sorry but Season 6 should be the last season. I mean there really isn't that much left to tell if their not going to show some real growth in Lana or Clark. I mean the last two seasons I haven't seen any growth in the two other then they want to have sex now. They either need to start letting Clark grow as a person and as a hero or just get the series over with because with Clark it is starting to become just the same thing over and over.

Tony I love your Avvy.:O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"