New Mutants I feel terrible for Josh Boone and the entire New Mutants Cast and Crew!

No way is $150+ mil Dark phoenix resting on Streaming.

It's actually very very possible. Once we have a clear idea of what Disney's plans are for their streaming offers once they've acquired the FOX library, launching the service with a big budget blockbuster could really be beneficial towards them (don't believe that nonsense statement from Disney and their current plans for the streaming service. That was only put out to tide over investors until the FOX deal is legally allowed to go forward).

Remember this: Netflix' s Bright had a $90m budget, their new Scorsese pic has a $140m budget. Xmen Dark Phoenix could very well end up as streaming exclusive. The game has changed.

It's actually very very possible. Once we have a clear idea of what Disney's plans are for their streaming offers once they've acquired the FOX library, launching the service with a big budget blockbuster could really be beneficial towards them (don't believe that nonsense statement from Disney and their current plans for the streaming service. That was only put out to tide over investors until the FOX deal is legally allowed to go forward).

Remember this: Netflix' s Bright had a $90m budget, their new Scorsese pic has a $140m budget. Xmen Dark Phoenix could very well end up as streaming exclusive. The game has changed.

It was the TV side of fox that Disney were interested in getting for their streaming service.

Sticking X-Men: Dark Phoenix on there would be crazy.

It was the TV side of fox that Disney were interested in getting for their streaming service.

Sticking X-Men: Dark Phoenix on there would be crazy.

TV AND movies. Fox arguably have the most extensive film library of the major studios. If Disney just wanted Fox's TV library they would've just bought that on its own (Also the deal would've cleared months ago, the legal headache comes from trying to take over the film studio)

Also why would they just randomly be interested in the TV stuff by itself? Thats just really random.

Last edited:
If Disney just wanted Fox's TV library they would've just bought that on its own

But thats not what FOX was selling, it was the whole package.

Also why would they just randomly be interested in the TV stuff by itself? Thats just really random.

Well FOX have got alot of tv shows.

Heck they could run their whole streaming channel on nothing but 600+ episodes of the Simpsons.

But thats not what FOX was selling, it was the whole package.

Then they wouldn’t have bought it. Disney are trying to get into streaming, the movies they own now that they no longer have Miramax are arguably more targeted to a younger audience, Fox has a gigantic and diverse library of films, to say Disney were only interested in the TV stuff is just... odd. It’s a notion that I’ve not read or seen anywhere. And frankly if such a notion was put out into the world so publicly the Disney-Fox deal, as it currently is, would be considered one of the worst in history (up there with AOL-Time Warner, and NewsCorp-MySpace). Movies are equally, if not more important than TV to a company currently trying to launch a streaming service.

Marc Andreyko said on Collider Heroes today that he is hearing that MORE THAN 50% of the film will be reshot.

I wonder if a director replacement is inminent.

Unless Boone pulls a Trank and airs his dirty laundry to the interwebs, I doubt they'd announce a replacement.

Then they wouldn’t have bought it. Disney are trying to get into streaming, the movies they own now that they no longer have Miramax are arguably more targeted to a younger audience, Fox has a gigantic and diverse library of films, to say Disney were only interested in the TV stuff is just... odd. It’s a notion that I’ve not read or seen anywhere. And frankly if such a notion was put out into the world so publicly the Disney-Fox deal, as it currently is, would be considered one of the worst in history (up there with AOL-Time Warner, and NewsCorp-MySpace). Movies are equally, if not more important than TV to a company currently trying to launch a streaming service.

200.gif

A Marvel live action film debuting in a streaming service/site. That would be a first!

A Marvel live action film debuting in a streaming service/site. That would be a first!

I don't think we'll even get that. I think that both films will be completely scrapped. I think that Simon Kinberg will film a more exciting climax to Dark Phoenix which reportedly doesn't have enough action and whoever inherits New Mutants will film a new, better movie but that both will be scrapped to make room for the X-Men in the MCU. I'm saying that Disney will cancel Fox's entire investment regardless of how much money Fox is willing to spend. I also don't think that X-Force will happen either.

Both films are already filmed. They would see the day of light, either in theaters or straight to a streaming service or dvd.

NewMutantIns said:
Josh appreciates the support! He’s still in high spirits. Talked to him after the news publicaly broke the other day. He also said it’s not out of the question that his original cut will be released in some way.

From our FAQs -

Violations of Probations and Banning
If you are on probation, you may not post under any account for the amount of days for which you are on probation. Violation of this probation will result in the permanent banning of your ORIGINAL account (permanent loss of entire post count, avatars, etc.,) and an extension of your probation to your NEW name. Continued violation of this rule may result in IP banning. If you are permanently banned, you may not return to SuperHeroHype. Note: the administrators and moderators can tell if you hold more than one account.

Last edited:
Though would it be enough to cover the eXpenses of the film?

I hear it wasn’t that expensive in the first place, but who knows.

Just realized SAUspartan got himself banned, apparently for being NewMutantsIns...why the heck did he do that? What was the point?

This movie will be what it is, good,bad or meh and even then it won’t change what’s going down between Fox and Disney.

Put me down in the camp that thinks this goes straight to streaming as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"