New Mutants I feel terrible for Josh Boone and the entire New Mutants Cast and Crew!

SAUspartan

Civilian
Reaction score
They deserved to see the trilogy come to fruition. Now it’s likely one and done. Just one of the many reasons this Fox/Disney move is terrible.

I’d loved to be proven wrong about this. And the fact we won’t get a Hard R-Rated X23 film. I’d happily eat crow.

I don't. It looks nothing like the comics and they got the tone wrong. It also doesn't look expensive.

If the first one is a success they'll get their trilogy

They deserved to see the trilogy come to fruition. Now it’s likely one and done. Just one of the many reasons this Fox/Disney move is terrible.

I’d loved to be proven wrong about this. And the fact we won’t get a Hard R-Rated X23 film. I’d happily eat crow.

Yes, if it is good, this is a real shame. There is real passion there. It doesn't look like just another corporate product.

I also feel very bad for Mangold and especially Dafne Keen. She was going to get a star vehicle made for her by an artist. Now that is gone.

But hey, cotumez.

It isn't just about the costumes, but films that feels like more the source material. And guess what, costumes are part of it.

Nothing is certain. Disney is going to look at making their money back. Logan was very profitable. We will see how New Mutants does. If it is profitable, they may continue it.

How have they deserved it? Have you seen the new movie and knows it merits a second?

Why are people panicking? If a movie makes good money... you think Disney will put a stop to that?

Deadpool/X-force are safe. I imagine X23 will still go ahead because she is immensely popular. And If New Mutants makes 600 million Disney will want a piece of that pie too.

I see no practical reason for them to cancel the spinoffs, since I doubt Marvel has any intention of making their own movies out of those properties any time soon. The only characters from the spinoffs that are even likely to appear in the MCU in the next decade are Colossus and Gambit. So I hope Marvel just lets the spinoffs continue as normal until everything is wrapped up.

They won’t continue. It’s about brand cohesion and not confusing the movie audience. As everything cinematic is now under the Marvel Studios banner, they are not going to want someone else interpreting characters differently from what they may use down the line.

Nothing is certain. Disney is going to look at making their money back. Logan was very profitable. We will see how New Mutants does. If it is profitable, they may continue it.

That's my thinking as well. Feige ended up releasing the proposed Runaways flick to TV, so I doubt he has plans for bringing the New Mutants into the MCU. If it does well there's a very good change New Mutants will get a sequel.

Josh boone only 4 days ago was talking about plans for a sequel... now if boone was concerned then why isn't he any actually showing concern? surely he is aware of this deal going down? so why does he still seem so confident?

Give it time to get the answer.

Last edited:

This.

I also feel very bad for Mangold and especially Dafne Keen. She was going to get a star vehicle made for her by an artist. Now that is gone.

But hey, cotumez.

I also feel bad for the people involved. The cast, the directors, etc...

About your costume comment, I know you know that's not our problem with FOX, but you're just saying to try to discredit out point. However, I suggest you watching this anyway.

I know you enjoy filmmaking, and filmmaking is also costume design.

I’m not too worried just yet. Who knows how long this deal has been in the works. Besides Dark Phoenix at this point for all we know they could’ve already established a plan for New Mutants, Gambit etc that night have them in the same world as the current Marvel universe.

I’m not too worried just yet. Who knows how long this deal has been in the works. Besides Dark Phoenix at this point for all we know they could’ve already established a plan for New Mutants, Gambit etc that night have them in the same world as the current Marvel universe.

In that recent interview they confirmed it was part of the foxverse

Plus they finished filming way before this deal was a thing.

Last edited:
This. They could feasibly release more than 3 Marvel movies a year now. (Maybe 6??) Don't think they'd put a break on that. They could option Blade and Moon Knight and Ghost Rider to Fox where they can make them R-rated too.

Don't see them scrapping anything at all really. We got 2 years for them to figure it out and see how the 2018-19 films do.

If the first one is a success they'll get their trilogy
This.

Disney CEO has already said he will most likely continue Deadpool's R Rated franchise.

If New Mutants makes big dollars at the Box Office it is unlikely Disney would be quick to discard it.
They won’t continue. It’s about brand cohesion and not confusing the movie audience. As everything cinematic is now under the Marvel Studios banner, they are not going to want someone else interpreting characters differently from what they may use down the line.

I think it depends how closely it ties in with Singer's X-Men universe. If New Mutants is mostly its own thing like Deadpool then it might be easier for Marvel to retcon it to any new potential X-Men Disney franchise if they wish.

This deal won't go through for 18 months. By that point, New Mutants have come out and Fox can decide whether to greenlight a sequel. So, while a Trilogy's chances have gone down, I wouldn't make it impossible yet.

And don't you think Marvel and fox aren't talking to each other in those 18 months. Disney owning them in the future is a big factor to their everyday business as Disney would be their future boss not the films they intend to make before Disney. And companies often look at future plans for the next five to ten years and not X-actly short term plans.

I think Fox isn't going to rely on Disney because it's entirely possible the FTC could block the entire deal. They have to continue to operate as a business using their own business judgment.

Not to mention the other management can't manage Fox during this phase. They'll have to proceed for the next 18 ish months more or less as usual.

If the movie does well, they’ll be fine. I think both this and Deadpool are safe because they can still exist even if they decide to reboot the main X-Men universe.
They both exist outside the main franchise enough that it wouldn’t be a big issue. They can still keep these two properties and integrate them with a rebooted X-universe.

If the movie does well, they’ll be fine. I think both this and Deadpool are safe because they can still exist even if they decide to reboot the main X-Men universe.
They both exist outside the main franchise enough that it wouldn’t be a big issue. They can still keep these two properties and integrate them with a rebooted X-universe.

Deadpool seems clearly more integrated, but in such a zany way that it's perfectly happy to ignore what it established and make fun of the retcon. This feels like it has the advantage that it has ignored the bigger picture so all it'll really take is for them to enter the wider world and then they'll be fine. Grain of salt because I'm basing this all on the teaser, which isn't overly informative. That being said, it'll be inconsistent if Kevin Feige has plans for the New Mutants, but I suspect he doesn't.

One of the interesting discussions I've heard is that Disney might consider lower budget properties for their streaming service. I wonder if that's a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"