I just read Knightfall pt. 1

Temple Fugate

is right on time.
Reaction score
Recently I recieved a call from a friend of mine. They said they were at a comic shop and wanted to know what to pick me up. I hadn't read Knightfall and I always hear of the internet raving about it, so I said, "Knightfall part 1". I recieved it an read it. I enjoyed it, particularly the homage to the 1966 series when the Ventriloquist has a police officer puppet named chief O' Hara.

Obviously after the events of part one Jean Paul will be temporarily taking Bruce's Place. This lead me to believe that you people (mainstream batman readers) are wanting a transition of Bruce out of the suit? I know Bruce takes it back in part 2 or 3, but now a day in the current batman issues is Bruce batman or is someone else? I ask because to be honest batman without Bruce Wayne is, in my eyes, not worth reading.

Do you mean in the comics currently? Yeah, Dick Grayson is Batman. Which is actually is very worth reading.

Do you mean in the comics currently? Yeah, Dick Grayson is Batman. Which is actually is very worth reading.
I supose thats tolerable... so... did bruce die or something?

He is presumed dead by the fans. In the DC Universe he is dead as a door nail. I'd suggest reading Final Crisis, Batman R.I.P., and the Battle for the Cowl if you want to catch yourself up.

He's not really presumed dead by the fans. He's essentially dead. But we all know he's just stuck in the past. Everyone at DC says he's not dead either.

And it's more than tolerable. It's really good so far.

But we all know he's just stuck in the past.
exsqueeze me?

He's not really presumed dead by the fans. He's essentially dead. But we all know he's just stuck in the past. Everyone at DC says he's not dead either.

And it's more than tolerable. It's really good so far

I will probably end up picking up the newer stories after the run is done and they publish it in a big volume. I understand RIP is in volume now? I will have to pick it up.

...yes.

"It is later reveled unbeknownst to anyone that the Omega Sanction does not really kill its victims, it instead sends their consciousness through time and space to alternate realities and times. Bruce Wayne's mind still lives, albeit lost in time somewhere in the far distant past, where he was able to view the death of Anthro."

...yes.

"It is later reveled unbeknownst to anyone that the Omega Sanction does not really kill its victims, it instead sends their consciousness through time and space to alternate realities and times. Bruce Wayne's mind still lives, albeit lost in time somewhere in the far distant past, where he was able to view the death of Anthro."
...whatever. lol, ive got some catching up to do. :p

You probably shouldn't even try.

Just get into Superman instead.

...yes.

Which is bull really when you look at the history of the omega effect it stinks of a quick out only made up to present a way of keeping bruce alive after being hit in the meanwhile Dick is batman, but not A batman , he is essentially pretending to be bruce because the world needs bruces bat.

Dick is NIGHTWING at his heart and always will be Batman is not a legacy character no matter how much DC fans want him to be.

Which is bull really when you look at the history of the omega effect it stinks of a quick out only made up to present a way of keeping bruce alive after being hit in the meanwhile Dick is batman, but not A batman , he is essentially pretending to be bruce because the world needs bruces bat.

Dick is NIGHTWING at his heart and always will be Batman is not a legacy character no matter how much DC fans want him to be.
I had no idea you created both Batman and Nightwing, thusly knowing all of their internal motivations and beliefs.

You must be a millionaire. Color me impressed.

You need to read the books. Dick Grayson isn't trying to be "Bruce's Batman" at all. Dick Grayson and Alfred even have a heart felt discussion about it in Batman and Robin # 2. Also in the main Batman book Dick Grayson is doing things a lot different than Bruce would normally as Batman.

I actually think it's quite refreshing. :o

I really don't think we should be arguing with Mr. Bob Kane, SIAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"