Revisiting Knightfall.

Morgoth

Sidekick
Reaction score
Today I went and bought KNIGHTFALL volume 1. I haven't read it since it first came out when I was 13.

I don't have those issues anymore, wish I did, but the cover on the tpb by Mike Deadoto Jr. is awesome.

I forgot Joker and Scarecrow teamed up. I just got to the part when they kidnapped the Mayer.

Batman and Robin spoke of Bane's men shooting the Riddler and that Riddler was hopped up on Venom, I remember this but, what issue did this happen in?

Was it in something other than Batman? Was it Detective or Legends of the Dark knight?

I can't remember and it's not reprinted in the tpb. I've gotta' get that.

This is such a great story, can't wait to get the rest of the volumes. I also have to get the tpb Robin on his own, I think it's called, it kind of ties in, in the beginning it shows Robin stabbing Jean-Paul Batman with his"R", after Jean had him in his clutches, and then Robin takes off.

I also have to get those awesome figures they recently came out with for KNIGHTFALL.

I love the Bane and Nightwing figs the most but, heck, they all rock.

I think the Riddler was shot in Venom. I'm not sure. A good "prequel" to this is the Sword of Azrael. The only thing that slightly bothers me is that Knightquest isn't in a TB form, so there is a bit of a disconnect between the last part of Knightfall and KnightsEnd.

i can remeber getting this years ago, it was one of the first Batman comics i can remeber reading. i thought the Azbats costume was awsome :)

I also just started re-reading Knightfall, but I'm not a big fan of it. I was hoping that it would read better a second time, but I haven't felt like that so far. There's some good stuff, but overall I think the story could have been done better.

I've just started on the second collection now.

The novel by Dennis O'Neil is fantastic. Its pretty "realistic", in that the Batmobile is just a Maserati that has been modified. It is a good translation of the comic book. The novel also covers a lot of the information before Knightfall actually begins, including the childhood of Bane, and his arrival to Gotham City. Because of the huge amount the book covers; Pre-Knightfall, Knightfall, Knightquest and Knightsend, it condenses material, but its still a fantastic read. I read it the first time when I was 12, and I was disapointed not all of the material from the comics didn't make it into the novel, because the novel was so well done. However, in retrospect, you don't need pages after pages about Batman fighting Firefly, or other villians. Another thing I also enjoyed as a kid was the Batman Knightfall audiobook. That covers Riddler being dosed with venom...I think.

LennonMcCartney said:
The novel by Dennis O'Neil is fantastic. Its pretty "realistic", in that the Batmobile is just a Masterati (sp.It is a good translation of the comic book. Because of the huge amount it has to cover, Knightfall, Knightquest and Knightsend, it condenses material, but its still a fantastic read.
Absolutley. Anyone who enjoyed Knightfall should get the novel. It's pretty fantastic.

Morgoth said:
Batman and Robin spoke of Bane's men shooting the Riddler and that Riddler was hopped up on Venom, I remember this but, what issue did this happen in?

Was it in something other than Batman? Was it Detective or Legends of the Dark knight?

Riddler got 'riddled' in Batman #490
490.jpg

In regards to the image posted from Batman 490, I must say I love the old school Batman logo and Symbol used. I also love the old school price.

it was cool having Riddler pumped up on Venom and seeing him go toe to toe with Bats physically.
Old school price? I remember when they were .35. :p

Fledermaus said:
Morgoth said:

Riddler got 'riddled' in Batman #490
490.jpg
Thank you, I remember this now. I use to have it. I have to find this now!

490.jpg

I got this today. I asked the manager at my Comic Shop to find it for me, and he did. :)

LennonMcCartney said:
In regards to the image posted from Batman 490, I must say I love the old school Batman logo and Symbol used. I also love the old school price.

$1.25 old school? Pffft. When I started reading comics they were ten cents and I remember being upset when they went up to twelve. Sheesh! :(

The novel by Dennis O'Neil is fantastic. Its pretty "realistic", in that the Batmobile is just a Maserati that has been modified. It is a good translation of the comic book. The novel also covers a lot of the information before Knightfall actually begins, including the childhood of Bane, and his arrival to Gotham City. Because of the huge amount the book covers; Pre-Knightfall, Knightfall, Knightquest and Knightsend, it condenses material, but its still a fantastic read. I read it the first time when I was 12, and I was disapointed not all of the material from the comics didn't make it into the novel, because the novel was so well done. However, in retrospect, you don't need pages after pages about Batman fighting Firefly, or other villians. Another thing I also enjoyed as a kid was the Batman Knightfall audiobook. That covers Riddler being dosed with venom...I think.

Damn, now I need to find the novel too? ****e. Ok, so let me get this straight, I just need Knightfall, Knightquest and Knightsend to complete my collection for the comics (not counting anything before or after chronologically)? And amazon confuses me, it has Batman: Knightfall, Part One: Broken Bat, Knightfall: Part Two - Who Rules the Night [BATMAN KNIGHTFALL], and Batman: Knightfall, Part Three: KnightsEnd. Knightfall Part Two never seems to be suggested or shown to have been bought as well by amazon customers. Is that just a fluke?

Also, there's this: BATMAN KNIGHTFALL PARTS 1-19 The Complete Spectacular Batman story. Does this cover everything?

Ok, just cross-referenced part 1-19 and wikipedia, 1-19 is just broken bat part one and two combined, for 600 pennies more. Since I doubt shipping is different, I'll just get part one and two. And is it odd that part 2 is $22, but part one is only $12.23? They are both eleven comics.

Should I even look for Aftermath, Prodigal, or Troika?

I guess this is my last and most important question, should I just buy the comics (Knightfall, Knightsend, assorted Knightquest comics) at a store?

And wiki says Knightquest was never change to a trade paperback, that's odd. I'll just have to hunt down each comic than.

Last edited:
i just do not accept bane breaking batman's back. it just would not happen.

batman does not enter into a fight unless he knows he can win. and even if he is down and out with his suit barely holding together, he will find some way to give his opponent a beating.

batman. does. not. lose.

i just do not accept bane breaking batman's back. it just would not happen.

batman does not enter into a fight unless he knows he can win. and even if he is down and out with his suit barely holding together, he will find some way to give his opponent a beating.

batman. does. not. lose.

:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"