Older Batman movie games on the Wii Virtual Console?

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by DocLathropBrown, Nov 24, 2007.

1. DocLathropBrown If adventure has a name...

You know they're going to release something for TDK next summer. But what games?

Do you think they'll eventually release all of them they can muster? Which do you think they should release for TDK?

I'd say both the NES and Genesis versions of the B89 game are likely. Perhaps even the TG-16 game? All three kick ass. And they're likely because it's Batman vs. the Joker, just like TDK. Aside from the change in actors, production design and etc., they don't have to implicitly state that they are adaptations of the older film, they can just market them as non-descrpit Batman games. Then there's the NES/Genesis versions of "Return of the Joker", which actually may be more likely as they're more comic-based than film-based. All are from Sunsoft, which is already an announced Virtual Console partner.

Thankfully, all of the good Batman games of yore were released by companies that were already on the Virtual Console bandwagon, so it's not like we might be denied a licensed title because they company isn't on-board or went belly-up.

2. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

I love B89 and Returns on the Sega Genesis. I still have them and play them occasionally. But, Batman Returns on the SNES is hands down the best Batman game ever, IMO.

Bar none!

3. Mr.E.Nygma Registered

What Joker says!
    Returns on SNES is so fun!

4. Damiean Dark Registered

The batman89 nes game was the best and was granite hard.

5. Rockbottom Registered

I have 89 on the sega, first game I bought actually i think.

6. Mr.E.Nygma Registered

So yeah, old Batman movies on new console would be great! Like they did with Godfather and Scarface, resurrecting old movies to games!

7. BurtonBegan Registered

Won't happen

8. Noir Guest

who has the rights to the games? if Nintendo doesn't or isn't in a partnership with the rights holders then the games will not be released on the VC (Why do you think Goldeneye isn't on the VC?)

9. DocLathropBrown If adventure has a name...

Ummm....

Sunsoft and Konami are on-board with Nintendo for the Virtual Console service.