Superman Returns I really wanted to like this film, but...

neelyohara said:
Who says that dissatisfaction with this movie has to be designated and limited to one thread? Support for this movie surely isn't. So why is this thread any less warranted then JCDC's?

The point is, WE ALREADY HAVE ONE with like a bunch of pages. GO chat it up there, no need to create another thread.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
Ya know if you click on the first page of my thread, you'd see that BOTH sides were messed with, and for the most part it was taken with good humor. Which was the point.

Really? From my point of view, it was a bunch of people agreeing with you that a movie, as has been reiforced by several posters, none of us has seen yet, will be awsome. It served no purpose as to meaningful debate, which is what these forums are for. As it seems that kind of thread is tolerated around here, I do not undertstand why one like mine would not be. I do not like what I have seen from this movie so far. What do you all think?

neelyohara said:
Really? From my point of view, it was a bunch of people agreeing with you that a movie, as has been reiforced by several posters, none of us has seen yet, will be awsome. It served no purpose as to meaningful debate, which is what these forums are for. As it seems that kind of thread is tolerated around here, I do not undertstand why one like mine would not be. I do not like what I have seen from this movie so far. What do you all think?

My thread was clearly a joke based on misdirection. People were tricked, had a good laugh.

Your thread just sucks. You just use the same title and tell people to "discuss"

No joke, no originality, just crap. Pure crap.

neelyohara said:

If you don't like what you have seen from this movie so far than it could go one of two ways, you could see the movie and love it, or the movie might only solidify your previous opinions. This works for those who think the movie looks good so far as well.

Looks like it'll be a fun adventure, with good humor and excellent fx to me.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
My thread was clearly a joke based on misdirection. People were tricked, had a good laugh.

Your thread just sucks. You just use the same title and tell people to "discuss"

No joke, no originality, just crap. Pure crap.

This is, in essence, flaming and trolling and as Matt has pointed out, it is also a double standard.

What does a joke based on misdirection have to do with SR? Why is your asinine thoughts any more entitled then my IDENTICLE asinine thoughts? If the mods feel the need to close this thread then so be it, but to me its just "leveling the playing field".

neelyohara said:
This is, in essence, flaming and trolling and as Matt has pointed out, it is also a double standard.

What does a joke based on misdirection have to do with SR? Why is your asinine thoughts any more entitled then my IDENTICLE asinine thoughts? If the mods feel the need to close this thread then so be it, but to me its just "leveling the playing field".

Whose MATT?

All are thoughts are "asinine" we are on a Superman Returns board debating whether or not a movie is going to be good based on photos, set reports, and trailers. You do the math.

neelyohara said:

Identicle or testicle? What are you trying to say :eek:

Anyways, there is no playing field to level. You took it to serious like a pansy. You don't like the film? Ok then. Talk about it one of the other threads

http://superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230340

http://superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230135&page=3

My joke was a good one whether you like the movie or not. You didn't make this thread for a joke, you made it cause you can't TAKE a joke. It's unoriginal, it's crap... oh and did I say it's crap? :rolleyes:

Showtime029 said:
Whose MATT?

All are thoughts are "asinine" we are on a Superman Returns board debating whether or not a movie is going to be good based on photos, set reports, and trailers. You do the math.

Yeah pretty condescending. His view is that we should be able to have threads that discuss disliking the movie, which we have... Yet he gets pissed about a JOKE I made that was poking fun at the assumptions both sides can make. He's clueless.

What if I had made a good joke based on mis-direction but with a different sentiment? There is a double-standard in expressing ones opinion to SR. My thread is identical to yours for a reason. It seems as if those who do not like the direction this movie is heading in get braned as "trolls", while you get praised for having an opposite opinion.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
Yeah pretty condescending. His view is that we should be able to have threads that discuss disliking the movie, which we have... Yet he gets pissed about a JOKE I made that was poking fun at the assumptions both sides can make. He's clueless.

I'm not getting pissed about a joke. Just pointing out the double standard that exists within this community and seeing how people would react to it.

BTW: This is petty namecalling and the stuff I think would rightfully get people branded as "trolls"

neelyohara said:
What if I had made a good joke based on mis-direction but with a different sentiment? There is a double-standard in expressing ones opinion to SR.
Well you should have tried that then... But you didn't. Based off of Matt forming the rhetorical question of "What would happen if this thread were the opposite" you not only copied my thread, but you simply copied what was pointed out by another poster. Your unoriginality is all that astounds me, my friend.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
Well you should have tried that then... But you didn't. Based off of Matt forming the rhetorical question of "What would happen if this thread were the opposite" you not only copied my thread, but you simply copied what was pointed out by another poster. Your unoriginality is all that astounds me, my friend.

Really, elaborating on a theme is unorginiality? By that logic, only one person would be allowed to say "I like Superman Returns" and the rest would be unorginial?

neelyohara said:
Really, elaborating on a theme is unorginiality? By that logic, only one person would be allowed to say "I like Superman Returns" and the rest would be unorginial?

YOU DIDN'T ELABORATE ON ANYTHING. You copied the original thread title and then said "discuss"

That's elaborating???

No way, you will not convince me other wise. It was cheap, the thought it took to make that up could have been conceived by a monkey.

Let the Mods decide if this is relevant or not. It is only our choice whether we post in it or not.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
YOU DIDN'T ELABORATE ON ANYTHING. You copied the original thread title and then said "discuss"

That's elaborating???

No way, you will not convince me other wise. It was cheap, the thought it took to make that up could have been conceived by a monkey.

I believe I have surely have elaborated more on this theme by my multiple posts.

Showtime029 said:
Let the Mods decide if this is relevant or not. It is only our choice whether we post in it or not.

Thats my point, the Mods have to consider this relevent if it deemed JCDC's post relevent. If they are going to close this thread they should close the other.

You know what? If it makes you happy, they can close my f'in joke thread. Take away whatever light hearted fun was put on here. Let's keep this an unfriendly piss off your neighbor place. I'm out.

Close my other thread, make them happy. I don't care.

neelyohara said:
Thats my point, the Mods have to consider this relevent if it deemed JCDC's post relevent. If they are going to close this thread they should close the other.

Close them both down, whatever dude... It's not about SR at this point for you anyways...

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
You know what? If it makes you happy, they can close my f'in joke thread. Take away whatever light hearted fun was put on here. Let's keep this an unfriendly piss off your neighbor place. I'm out.

Close my other thread, make them happy. I don't care.

Dude, i'm not trying to piss you off. I want to see if these two threads can co-exist peacefully and if not I would like to know why.

neelyohara said:

It is also their choice to decide what is allowed and what isn't in regards to repetative threads. It seems that you believe only positive threads are allowed to stay open, how does that have anything to do with JCDC or any other poster. We don't wear RED.

neelyohara said:
Dude, i'm not trying to piss you off. I want to see if these two threads can co-exist peacefully and if not I would like to know why.

Make sure your conclusion fits your hypothesis when you put your report on Matt's desk tomorrow morning. :O

neelyohara said:

I don't want them to co-exist. Shut mine down. I'd rather it not be up at all than have you parading a mimick of it at the same time.

Showtime029 said:
It is also there choice to decide what is allowed and what isn't in regards to repetative threads. It seems that you believe only positive threads are allowed to stay open, how does that have anything to do with JCDC or any other poster. We don't wear RED.

Again, I didn't say it did. Which is why I don't think he should be getting so upset. If this thread is closed, I would at least like for the point to made and possibly taken into consideration. This may not be exactly relevent to SR at this point, but niether are a lot of posts, including JCDC's. I did not know where else I could make this point

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"