I want a "Carmen Sandiego" movie!!!!

Obsidian

The Dork Knight
Reaction score
I loved both the animated series and that game show series with Lynne Thigpen (God rest her soul). I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion on bringing Carmen Sandiego to the big screen in a while. I'm anxiously waiting for this to come out. But who would be cast as Carmen Sandiego? Julia Roberts? Kate Beckinsale? Robin Wright Penn? Rachel Weisz? I'm just throwing out some names. Got any other suggestions?

Oh! and the 1st season of "Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego" is out on DVD already! I must have it!

Art16BigImg_Carmen%20perso%20big.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!! I so totally would love for it to happen. It would be great to see the character on the big screen.

As for who should play her, I always thought Catherine Zeta-Jones would be good. Maybe a bit too old nowadays, though.

I'd like to write and direct this film. And itd star Jones for sure. She's be the perfect Carmen.

And it wouldn't be complete **** either. I'd make it good and memorable, all that stuff.

Obsidian said:
I loved both the animated series and that game show series with Lynne Thigpen (God rest her soul). I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion on bringing Carmen Sandiego to the big screen in a while. I'm anxiously waiting for this to come out. But who would be cast as Carmen Sandiego? Julia Roberts? Kate Beckinsale? Robin Wright Penn? Rachel Weisz? I'm just throwing out some names. Got any other suggestions?

Oh! and the 1st season of "Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego" is out on DVD already! I must have it!

Art16BigImg_Carmen%20perso%20big.jpg
Actually writing one(along with many other stories) but I have Angelina Jolie as Carmen. I know she's an over-suggested candidate for many roles but I can't think of Carmen played by anyone else.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
As for who should play her, I always thought Catherine Zeta-Jones would be good. Maybe a bit too old nowadays, though.

Don't read my mind like that! I keep my dirty thoughts in here, too, ya know!

God I hate that *****.

I remember my teacher forcing me to play that game in grade 3.
So many times I wanted to smash it. So many times...

ANTHONYNASTI said:
YES!!!!!!!!! I so totally would love for it to happen. It would be great to see the character on the big screen.

Actually, she'd be good. I'd actually like them to obscure her face like they've done in the series and not show what she really looks like until the end. A "Carmen Sandiego" movie could be like "National Treasure", but much better.

Hades said:
God I hate that *****.

I remember my teacher forcing me to play that game in grade 3.
So many times I wanted to smash it. So many times...
LOL.
My teacher made our class play Oregon Trail.

Mr. Credible said:
where in the world is.... CARMEN SANDIEGO!?
why in the world should there be a camen sandiego movie?:ninja:

3dman27 said:
why in the world should there be a camen sandiego movie?:ninja:
The real question is why hasn't there been one yet?:o

It was cool, but I'm not sure how they can well-adapt that show--I mean, it is pretty much a history lesson as a kids show. It'd damn near be the same as adapting The Magic School Bus on the big screen.

But hey, it could work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"