Revenge of the Fallen I was right! The Fallen is a reference to the character!

You sound like you don't want him in it

You sound like you don't want him in it

Thats a "loaded" statement.:grin:

Let me explain........The way I ment my last post was just to point out that the sub-title of the film by no means "Dictates" that The Fallen is in reference to the character by that same name.It can just as easily be a way of describing any of the known characters from the first film.

But do I want the character "The Fallen" to be in TF 2??????

No I dont.....and its not because I dont like the character.As a matter of fact I like him very much.

For me I think "The Character" will lead Bay to over indulge his percent for explosions and fire.And I think that it will end up being detrimental to the story since we all know that Bay has a habit of focusing more on the explosions and action in his films then he does in the story or the acting.

I also feel that there are a whole host of characters that are far more deserving of the "Live Action Treatment" then a character that only showed up in one comic book mini series.

For me I think "The Character" will lead Bay to over indulge his percent for explosions and fire.And I think that it will end up being detrimental to the story since we all know that Bay has a habit of focusing more on the explosions and action in his films then he does in the story or the acting.

We are talking about Michael Bay right?

:o

Thats a "loaded" statement.:grin:

Let me explain........The way I ment my last post was just to point out that the sub-title of the film by no means "Dictates" that The Fallen is in reference to the character by that same name.It can just as easily be a way of describing any of the known characters from the first film.

But do I want the character "The Fallen" to be in TF 2??????

No I dont.....and its not because I dont like the character.As a matter of fact I like him very much.

I also feel that there are a whole host of characters that are far more deserving of the "Live Action Treatment" then a character that only showed up in one comic book mini series.

I think The Fallen is actually a good way to go for the series, Megatron being the main bad guy again would easily be too redundant, and its too early to consider the likes of Unicron and Galvatron IMO.

We are talking about Michael Bay right?

:o

Yep

I think The Fallen is actually a good way to go for the series, Megatron being the main bad guy again would easily be too redundant, and its too early to consider the likes of Unicron and Galvatron IMO.

Well there's that school of thought as well.

But I still stand by my opinion.

I think that there are other more deserving characters that should be included in a live action film before the fallen.

But thats not saying that I hate the idea.

Yep

Well there's that school of thought as well.

But I still stand by my opinion.

I think that there are other more deserving characters that should be included in a live action film before the fallen.

But thats not saying that I hate the idea.

Thats fair enough, but non of those characters could ramp up the stakes like The Fallen can, other than Galvatron and Unicron, both of which are too early to introduce IMO.

When you think about it, the TF rogue gallery isnt that expansive. So I'm glad they have gone for a villain who will up the stakes from what the heroes have already faced.

Thats fair enough, but non of those characters could ramp up the stakes like The Fallen can, other than Galvatron and Unicron, both of which are too early to introduce IMO.

When you think about it, the TF rogue gallery isnt that expansive. So I'm glad they have gone for a villain who will up the stakes from what the heroes have already faced.

Thats a cop out.And I dont mean it as an insult to you but its pure BS.

With good writting any of the exsisting characters could be made into a formidible threat.

Just look at what Dreamwave did with Sunstorm.

They took a character, born out of an animation error, and turn him into a great character.

Its the writting not the character.

Depending on what direction they take the movie, it would be perfect to give more focus on Starscream as the bad guy for TF2. Plus the introduction of Soundwave could give us a new angle in the Decepticon chain of command.

Depending on what direction they take the movie, it would be perfect to give more focus on Starscream as the bad guy for TF2. Plus the introduction of Soundwave could give us a new angle in the Decepticon chain of command.

Pretty good ideas.:grin:

Thats a cop out.And I dont mean it as an insult to you but its pure BS.

With good writting any of the exsisting characters could be made into a formidible threat.

Just look at what Dreamwave did with Sunstorm.

They took a character, born out of an animation error, and turn him into a great character.

Its the writting not the character.

I dont see it as a cop out, and the writing for The Fallen in the movie may be superb, so I persoanlly dont see were you are going with that.

Bay wanted a villain that would raise the stakes, that would strike fear into both The Autobots and Decepticons, other than Unicron, there is only really The Fallen IMO.

I think Starscream and Soundwave will get a lot of attention in the sequel, at least thats the way it seems.

I dont see it as a cop out, and the writing for The Fallen in the movie may be superb, so I persoanlly dont see were you are going with that.

You mis-understood me.

You said that you were happy with them useing the Fallen because you feel that the "the TF rogue gallery isnt that expansive. So I'm glad they have gone for a villain who will up the stakes from what the heroes have already faced"

And I'm saying that any of the known Decepticon could fill the role if written correctly.

Bay wanted a villain that would raise the stakes, that would strike fear into both The Autobots and Decepticons, other than Unicron, there is only really The Fallen IMO.

Again with the right Writter and of the known cons could fit that bill.

Even some of the comic only characters would be great.

I think Starscream and Soundwave will get a lot of attention in the sequel, at least thats the way it seems.

I hope so.

You might get your wish Steve-vo-kor. Robert Orci says it might swing either way

From Orci's question thread:
---------------------------
Qn: Is there a robot called The Fallen? If so is he playing a role in Transformers Revenge of the Fallen?

Ans: Maybe. On the other hand, Fallen may simply be a synonym for the defeated side.
---------------------------

Shouldn't this be changed to "Fallen Speculation Thread" or something? I don't believe anything unless I see it, so I am taking a lot of what is out there from "insiders" as crap until confirmed.

Shouldn't this be changed to "Fallen Speculation Thread" or something? I don't believe anything unless I see it, so I am taking a lot of what is out there from "insiders" as crap until confirmed.

That's a good point. While it's fun to speculate, Bay has taken the fun out of hype for a movie with leaks coupled with the whole misinfomation tag, sending fans in circles. I guess we wont get anything solid until a trailer is released :csad:

I just HATE knowing that some of the cool stuff I keep hearing may not make the cut. The whole Jetfire wormhole and the Constructicons would be awesome, but I have a feeling that Bay is making a VERY big mistake doing this. Lot of people are going to be let down, and the negative thread will swell.

whoops.

Sto-vo sounds like steve

;P

You mis-understood me.

You said that you were happy with them useing the Fallen because you feel that the "the TF rogue gallery isnt that expansive. So I'm glad they have gone for a villain who will up the stakes from what the heroes have already faced"

And I'm saying that any of the known Decepticon could fill the role if written correctly.

Oh right, yes I see were you are coming from now, personally, I think Shockwave could have filled the role also, with Megatron coming back towards the end to try and re-claim leadership of the Decepticons.

Again with the right Writter and of the known cons could fit that bill.

Even some of the comic only characters would be great.

True on both accounts.

I hope so.

Me too, love both Starscream and Soundwave.

I just HATE knowing that some of the cool stuff I keep hearing may not make the cut. The whole Jetfire wormhole and the Constructicons would be awesome, but I have a feeling that Bay is making a VERY big mistake doing this. Lot of people are going to be let down, and the negative thread will swell.

You know you could be right here, if people start expecting stuff, and then dont see, this could create a negative feeling towards the movie.

It's happened MANY times before. I think the most recent for me, related to this site, was X-men 3. The movie blew, but I remember when I first heard about the Sentinels being in it, and I was all like "They can't F dat up! Tons of resources, tons of perfect translations from the old X-me cartoon. Can't go wrong!" But alas they did, and all we saw was a head. That was within the first five minutes, and it pissed me off all movie.

It would be the same if they really did kill Arcee early on in the movie. Or Devastator is on-screen for 5 minutes before being completely destroyed. These characters have way too much going for them to get over-hyped about and possibly let-down.

^I know what you mean about X3, but that being a ****e movie didnt help things either.

I'm not liking the most recent news about ROTF, but we'll have to see i guess.

Oh right, yes I see were you are coming from now, personally, I think Shockwave could have filled the role also, with Megatron coming back towards the end to try and re-claim leadership of the Decepticons.

I would love to see Shockwave try to take over.....the only problem I see with that idea is that its been done a few ties in the comics.

But it would still be a great idea.

I would love to see Shockwave try to take over.....the only problem I see with that idea is that its been done a few ties in the comics.

But it would still be a great idea.

I wouldnt see that as a problem to be honest, especially to the GA. Shockwave is powerful enough to defeat Megatron (and has done!) and Prime, so he could have been an option, i'll admit.

But I dont know, something about The Fallen excites me a lot, as long as he is one bot and not an army as suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"