Ideas for a more 'Realistic' D.C. universe

I've always thought of Marvel as the Star Trek of comic companies (more realistic, use of real science) and DC as the Star Wars of the two (more magic, more imagination, less reality).

Both work, IMO.
"Star Trek", Real science ! Bwa ! Ha! Ha!

What you are saying is true, in that it is potentially possible for Superman to absorb nearly a 100% of the radiation (all of it by the way) that comes into contact with his body. What you obviously don't understand it tha it still doesn't come close to providing nearly enough energy to perform his most impressive feats.

This site demonstrates this ....

http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showthread.php?t=22265

Note this is only for the benefit for the guy i have quoted in this post, and others who are actually interested. I can't be arsed to read a million more prentious posts about how 'ridiculous' realism is in comics !

I have a question.And please forgive my spelling.I didnt read all of the post after the one you linked because I dont have the time but did anyone put foward the idea that Superman also ingest's food that has been growen under and effect by solor energy.

The plant life and animal food sources avalible to Superman have all been grown under the same solor radiation and how he matabilizes that food may have changed the amount of energey need to do the things that he does annd effect the amount of time it takes to absorbe the solor energy.

And the change to his body tisue from ingesting food with solor energy inside may also effect the amount of energy he needs to expent to fly or do what ever.

Further more its also possible that his race may have developed on a planet with a much strounger gravity feild.Earth 2 Superman did and I dont know if this was ever addressd in the New Earth version but if his body was designed to withstand a strounger gravity then flying at some speeds would take no more energy then taking a brisk walk.

What you are saying is true, in that it is potentially possible for Superman to absorb nearly a 100% of the radiation (all of it by the way) that comes into contact with his body. What you obviously don't understand it tha it still doesn't come close to providing nearly enough energy to perform his most impressive feats.

This site demonstrates this ....

http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showthread.php?t=22265

Note this is only for the benefit for the guy i have quoted in this post, and others who are actually interested. I can't be arsed to read a million more prentious posts about how 'ridiculous' realism is in comics !

Superman converts the energy he absorbs "exponentially" so I guess that means whatever he absorbs his body multiplies.

how do you apply more realism to a god like alien that looks like everyone else...

the very idea of comics is to suspend reality and escape into a world where these types of things CAN happen...

great stories, great characters and great art

If you can get those 3 things every month will you really care if its more scientifically feasible or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"