Iron Man If I were to do a Iron Man teaser here's how I would do it.

NinjaTurtleFan

Turtle Power!
Reaction score
Here's how the teaser should be:

OPEN ON:

A shot of Tony Stark drinking a glass of Brandy at his desk with some narration.

TONY: All my life I never realized my true potential. I mean I do have money...

(Shots of his plane, yacht, mansion, and Stark Enterprises.)

TONY: And fame...

(Shots of him with beautiful women and being on the cover of every magazine. One shot has him on the cover of Forbes.)

TONY: But I never really understood my true calling---until now.

CUT TO:

A shot of of the red and yellow suit followed by the rocket boosters igniting and taking off into the sky. Followed by quick jumpcuts of:

- Iron Man saving people on a burning plane ala "Superman Returns."

- Iron Man outrunning SWAT helicopters and the Army after him, thinking he's a criminal or vigilante in an armored suit.

- Shots of Pepper Potts, Happy, Jarvis, Tony Stark, and The Mandarin.

- Then we end with some action-scenes of Iron Man fighting The Mandarin, followed by scenes of him flying, saving people, beating up some bad guys, and rescuing Pepper as she is thrown off a high-rise by one of Mandarin's goons and Tony catches her in time before she can go splat on the pavement.

Finally it ends with: SUMMER 2008

Sounds good! But the whole thing at the end withPepper getting thrown off a high rise sounds a little too simaler to MJ being thrown off the Broklyn Bridge and Spidey diving after her in Spider-Man 1's trailers.

very good ninjaturtlefan

i like it but maybe more for a trailer.

myself, i'm a firm believer in misdirection ;)

maybe just some building shots then pan to a classic traffic-jam, with a cabbie or some angry driver shouting, what's the hold up

then blam, outta nowhere iron man goes flying backwards into the winshield. he pulls himself off, and goes flying back into battle as the cabbie's jaw hangs in disbelieft

cue quick flashes of action, pumping custom trailer music, names of cast, then title screen :D

that or a completely diff setting, where it's flashes of afghanistan/iraq whatever, and the audience thinks it's a war movie ala black hawk down, then have iron man 1.0 stomping around blasting his captors running in fear towards the camera

For a teaser, I'd show clips of Tony living it up.

VO: My name is Tony Stark. I am an industrialist. Inventor. A socialite.

Beat

Slow panning shot of the IM armor starting from mid-thigh.

VO: My name is Tony Stark.

Shot stops at helmet.

VO: I am...Iron Man.

The helmet's eye slits flash, the suit roars to life and flies upward, then view shifts, and IM is flying at us, fade to black.

tamron said:

Beat

Shot stops at helmet.

The helmet's eye slits flash, the suit roars to life and flies upward, then view shifts, and IM is flying at us, fade to black.
now THATS a teaser.

^That was my idea when I saw the thread.

But I was just thinking a teaser is about 30-60 seconds, I would have this great score that would build up the excitement as you got closer to his helmet. As the camera goes deep into the eye slit, then a bright light. After that, the Iron Man title.

Remember Batman, when they were going around his symbol, then they pulled away to reveal what it was, I like that too.

tamron said:

Beat

Shot stops at helmet.

The whole time I was reding that in my head the voice over was by Tom Cruise:huh: :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"