Superman Returns If it's a sequel, what bridges/gaps from S:TM & SII will transcend into SR, if any?

Showtime029 said:
So basically what we could be dealing with is that the kid is Supermans and is just experiencing his superpowers. Lois doesn't even remember having sex with Superman so she doesn't know it's his kid and thinks it's Richards. Superman is the only one who knows the kid is his but has to choose between belonging to the world and becoming a father.

I sure hope this is not the case.
I still say the kid will be Richard's from a previous relationship.

I still say the kid, named JASON in SR, is Superman son.

i think the fact that there is a kid just says that lois, like everyone else, has moved on with her life.

if the kid is Superman's he could become a super-villain maybe as he ages through the sequel to SR and third movie.

Venom71 said:
I still say the kid will be Richard's from a previous relationship.

And if you're wrong? Will you still kiss singer's butt then? I'm going to guess yes, venom.

I hope the kid is superman's. Why the bad place is he in this movie if he isn't? Come on, people?

Either adopted or from Richard's previous relationship. Besides, it is a "loosely based sequel" on STM I & II. Singer wants his movie to stand alone, so no reason to make the kid being Superboy 2.0. Post-Crisis Superman can't even have offspring with a terran, if I am not mistaken...

Wesyeed said:
And if you're wrong? Will you still kiss singer's butt then? I'm going to guess yes, venom.

I hope the kid is superman's. Why the bad place is he in this movie if he isn't? Come on, people?
If I am wrong I am not going to whine and cry about it...and that is not kissing Singer's butt...I don't moan,whine and complain when a movie doesn't go the way I want it to or think it should...I just don't watch it again or go to message boards about it.
Why is he in the movie if he isn't Superman's Son? Ummm to cause tension between Superman and Lois? She may let Superman believe Jason is hers up until the end of the movie....and then at the end he finds out that Jason is just Richard's...hmm guess he doesn't have to be Superman's kid.

Showtime029 said:
So basically what we could be dealing with is that the kid is Supermans and is just experiencing his superpowers. Lois doesn't even remember having sex with Superman so she doesn't know it's his kid and thinks it's Richards. Superman is the only one who knows the kid is his but has to choose between belonging to the world and becoming a father.

I sure hope this is not the case.

See, given the time intervals I don't possibly see how this works.

A fairly decent amount of time had to transpire between the tryst in the FOS, Superman's departure, and the progression to intimacy of a Lois and Richard White relationship. Lois, if the child is Superman's, should be noticably, at least to her, and mysteriously, again at least to her, pregnant prior to a Richard White as the father explanation.

Cinemaman said:
My thory is that Lois pretended that she don't know that Clark is Superman, because she understand Clark.

it's not a theory, that's the truth, in SIV, Lois tells Superman that she remembers everything. Therefore, the Superkiss, is something that fanboys have made up to complain about. It does not wipe someones memory. As you said, she chooses to keep the secret.

As for the new franchise, it is yet to dispell the so called superkiss b/c it hasn't started yet. Coupled with this are the elimination of SIII and SIV from the continuity (in which the superkiss is debunked). So it remains to be seen what they are going to do with this concept, if they are even going to touch upon it at all.

Isn't a tie to I and II the fact that Luthor knows where the FOS is? (if he does knows, I'm not aware of the new mmovie plot as much as you are)

Superfreak said:
it's not a theory, that's the truth, in SIV, Lois tells Superman that she remembers everything. Therefore, the Superkiss, is something that fanboys have made up to complain about. It does not wipe someones memory. As you said, she chooses to keep the secret.

As for the new franchise, it is yet to dispell the so called superkiss b/c it hasn't started yet. Coupled with this are the elimination of SIII and SIV from the continuity (in which the superkiss is debunked). So it remains to be seen what they are going to do with this concept, if they are even going to touch upon it at all.

I'd never thought of this before, and I'd like to believe it, but I don't think I do.
I always operated under the assumption that seeing jumping off the roof, seeing Supes in the glasses, and going on another flight around the world brought back the memories.
Otherwise, why would they try the "super-kiss" ploy again? Why would she play dumb again like she forgot everything?

musclesforsupes said:
sUPES iii AND IV ARE GONE NOW.

and that is not a bad thing....i think SR is as much a sequel to STM as Batman and Robin was to Batman89

afan said:
A sequel involves the continuation of the narrative between works, and not just the inclusion of characters or set designs(FOS).
SR as we currently know it, is not a sequel to STM or SII.

However if the kid is a direct result of the Lois / Superman romance in SII..................
Ironically, that would mean Batman Returns isn't a sequel.

Venom71 said:
If I am wrong I am not going to whine and cry about it...and that is not kissing Singer's butt...I don't moan,whine and complain when a movie doesn't go the way I want it to or think it should...I just don't watch it again or go to message boards about it.
Why is he in the movie if he isn't Superman's Son? Ummm to cause tension between Superman and Lois? She may let Superman believe Jason is hers up until the end of the movie....and then at the end he finds out that Jason is just Richard's...hmm guess he doesn't have to be Superman's kid.

Sometimes people would rather keep quiet about their dissapointment. This is true. Now...
That's it? Tension maker? I scoff at that haughtily. The new boyfriend of course is just furniture in her house, right?

It' superman's son.

Superboy. He'll join Routh in a flight around the world at the end, I'll bet. 5 bucks he's superman's kid.

Wesyeed said:
Sometimes people would rather keep quiet about their dissapointment. This is true. Now...
That's it? Tension maker? I scoff at that haughtily. The new boyfriend of course is just furniture in her house, right?

It' superman's son.

Superboy. He'll join Routh in a flight around the world at the end, I'll bet. 5 bucks he's superman's kid.

You have a problem.

Problem? and that problem is?

Come on, let's get nuts.

Wesyeed said:
Problem? and that problem is?

Come on, let's get nuts.

Haha. Thats actually one of my favorite lines from 89 Batman. You have no problem sir.

Wesyeed said:

It' superman's son.

Say bye bye to your $5! Won't happen.
Jason White=Richard White's kid from a previous Relationship :p

Venom71 said:
Say bye bye to your $5! Won't happen.
Jason White=Richard White's kid from a previous Relationship :p

:up: If it ends up being Supermans kid, that will definately be the biggest surprise for me of the movie.

I wonder if they'll play the "whose kid is it" mystery aspect throughout the whole movie with the audience. Maybe they'll give hints that it might be AND might not be Superman's, and then at the end, like at the end of Empire Strikes Back, we'll get the truth.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
I wonder if they'll play the "whose kid is it" mystery aspect throughout the whole movie with the audience. Maybe they'll give hints that it might be AND might not be Superman's, and then at the end, like at the end of Empire Strikes Back, we'll get the truth.

Solidsnake, are you a psychic? Again, you just hit the jackpot!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"