• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

If you could create a Trade Paperback

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
Marvel has been publishing for 50 years. During that time, there have been a wide variety of stories. Some of those stories remain popular to this day, others have rightfully fallen into obscurity, and some are great but were never popular. Given this, collecting or even reading the stories you want can prove to be difficult. Thankfully, there are Trade Paperbacks, which collect the individual issues into a book form.

But the problem still remains that many underrated classics are still unavailable. So my question is this: If you could create one Trade Paperback (of reasonable length) of any Marvel story or stories, what would it be?

My suggestion is Don McGregor's Black Panther stories. Panther's Rage and Black Panther vs. the Klan are relatively available (either through Marvel Masterworks or Essential Black Panther), although fairly pricey these days. But his followup stories (Panther's Quest and Panther's Prey) don't have the same attention. Panther's Quest was printed as a backup feature in 24 issues of 8 pages each. Right now, the only way to get them is to buy all 24 issues (if you can find them). So my thought is to print a single Trade Paperback of those two stories together. Or, better yet, create a complete McGregor compilation with the first two stories in one volume and these two stories in a second.

The Cyclops is a Badass Collection. Commemorating all his moments where he kicks ass which have gone unrecognized. Like when he kicked Wolverines ass in hand to hand combat after the Proteus fight, the time he saved all the mutants repeatedly and the time he was right about the Phoenix not trying to murder them all and Captain America is a jerk. :o

My favorite Cyclops issue is when everyone else is hallucinating and seeing him as the Dark Phoenix. He successfully defeats all the X-Men (using the Danger Room to his advantage) and moves Rogue to touch Xavier so she can absorb his powers and realize that it's actually Scott.

That being said, I'd argue that Scott Summers is a bad ass would actually be too large for a TPB.

X-Men: Cheating Death

Just a collection of issues where X-Men characters "died" and then the issue where they returned later. For some, some Xavier and Jean, you could do the times they've died, returned, and then died again.

This could be multiple volumes, and could actually be done for other teams, as well.

My favorite Cyclops issue is when everyone else is hallucinating and seeing him as the Dark Phoenix. He successfully defeats all the X-Men (using the Danger Room to his advantage) and moves Rogue to touch Xavier so she can absorb his powers and realize that it's actually Scott.

That being said, I'd argue that Scott Summers is a bad ass would actually be too large for a TPB.

Eh, Volumes 1-36 should be enough. :o I mean everything since they moved to San Francisco up to AvX was him being awesome.

A collection that shows side-by-side comparisons of comic book panels and the movie scenes which drew inspiration from them. Example Green Goblin's death, Gwen Stacy's death, X3's fastball special etc etc

Would turn out to be more of a coffee table book, but it'll be an awesome book to have

I would've said classic Moon Knight in color, but Marvel finally got around to it after years of waiting. :o

Maybe a Best of Marvel Horror?

A collection of all Greg Lands traced artwork side by side for comparison with the originals he traced from. Might have to be censored due to the amount of O faces he has. :o

And to be serious, have a full color Godzilla TPB of all the issues. I know they lost the license to it but still...

For a straight and simple tpb, the Death of Harry Osborn. They have something like it, but it's very incomplete. I would include everything from the last time he became the Green Goblin through his death.
Spectacular Spider-Man 178-184 (the Child Within)
Spectacular Spider-Man 189 (the one with the hologram cover)
Spectacular Spider-Man 190 (Rhino, but linked to Harry)
Spectacular Spider-Man 199 (the final scene)
Spectacular Spider-Man 200 (Death)

Then snippets of things like his funeral in Spider-Man Unlimited 1, the backstory from Amazing Spider-Man 369 I think it was when he "learns" of Peter's Parents returning, and the realization in Amazing Spider-Man 388 that Harry was behind the return of Peter's Parents.

So all-in-all 9 complete issues and snippets from about 4 or 5 others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"