• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deadpool & Wolverine Deadpool & Wolverine News and General Discussion Thread

That was in 2018. There has been a major shift in moviegoing in the 6 years due to all sorts of reasons.
Exactly. The pandemic pretty much accelerated the streaming age and now audiences know they don't have to wait as long for films to show up on VOD or a streaming platform. But also, yeah, there's no world where a Deadpool film making $100 million in its opening weekend is a disappointment.

Even by post pandemic and Hollywood fatigue standards I agree 100 million is not much of we're talking about opening weekend. Quantumania did 104 and Guardians 3 did 118 last year. Deadpool and Wolverine are extremely popular and Disney is hyping it and pushing hard for this. Also it's good to remember that most MCU films are usually very front loaded, so if its budget is huge per usual and it gets the most common 67% drops, it might not be good. It's going to depend a lot on reviews and word of mouth.

Look, I know there's a lot they're not showing because of *spoilers*. I know. I KNOW.

But.

Judging the trailers by themselves the movie doesn't look interesting at all.

After watching the box office crash that was The Marvels, I'm just relieved this will at least open big. I think this should outgross the first two Deadpool movies (domestic/worldwide) but times have changed.

Disney and Marvel should be nervous for their next year's line up. The Fantastic 4 isn't definitely going to open as big as this. Thunderbolts* and Captain America 4, might struggle too. :yousure:

If it doesn't make a billion, We will hear yet another endless chorus of,"Marvel is DEAD!"
If it does cross the billion dollar mark, the narrative will be " People just went to say goodbye to the Fox Marvel characters".
Or, SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

If it doesn't make a billion, We will hear yet another endless chorus of,"Marvel is DEAD!"
If it does cross the billion dollar mark, the narrative will be " People just went to say goodbye to the Fox Marvel characters".
Or, SOMETHING LIKE THAT!
1716437275492.gif

I think it will do very well, they are going to market the heck out of it. I don't think it is quite the Spider-Man: No Way Home event feel, but it should be the 2nd most successful Marvel movie since that. Deadpool and X-Men officially entering the MCU, people will care to actually go to the theater. Marvel gets to market it since no more strike so that will help.

I think it will do very well, they are going to market the heck out of it. I don't think it is quite the Spider-Man: No Way Home event feel, but it should be the 2nd most successful Marvel movie since that. Deadpool and X-Men officially entering the MCU, people will care to actually go to the theater. Marvel gets to market it since no more strike so that will help.
Will this outgross Madness of the Multiverse worldwide?

Based on the excitement I'm hearing for this movie as opposed to MoM, it seems like this should outgross it
but who even knows at this point, I'm done trying to predict box office takes

Will this outgross Madness of the Multiverse worldwide?
It should, I think MoM had a lot of hype going into it. They failed with the actual multiverse part which hurt replay value.

This movie you know we are getting Deadpool & Wolverine(Hugh Jackman) so they focus on that. The cameos and Easter Eggs will be bonus. It should have multiple screening value.

This movie feels likes a release from back in the MCU's peak days. No way this isn't the highest grossing film of 2024 and will be one of the top grossing MCU films ever. Good enough for everyone involved.

This movie feels likes a release from back in the MCU's peak days. No way this isn't the highest grossing film of 2024 and will be one of the top grossing MCU films ever. Good enough for everyone involved.
It should outgross Dune Part II easily. :dpl:

Joker: Folie á Deux, Moana 2, Inside Out 2, Despicable Me 4 and Wicked are possible contenders.

It should outgross Dune Part II easily. :dpl:

Joker: Folie á Deux, Moana 2, Inside Out 2, Despicable Me 4 and Wicked are possible contenders.
It will do well, but it is R rated so you can't lean on children to make parents see it. People with kids may not want to bring them or have trouble finding someone to watch them for a 3hr outing(2hr 12 min plus previews and driving).

Inside Out 2 with school being out may have best shot.
Joker I am not that excited for yet.
Moana 2 has Wicked coming out the same day. I don't think Wicked looks good but it will cut in.
Despicable Me I don't get the Minion appeal but they keep making them so they must do well.

I got to watch the trailer on the big screen during my visit to see Furiosa! I cannot wait to see this film!

Funny side note, when the trailers were finished, it was Deadpool and Wolverine telling the theater to silence our phones and Wolverine was super aggressive about it and Deadpool was trying to calm him down. Just a fun experience!

It will do well, but it is R rated so you can't lean on children to make parents see it. People with kids may not want to bring them or have trouble finding someone to watch them for a 3hr outing(2hr 12 min plus previews and driving).

Inside Out 2 with school being out may have best shot.
Joker I am not that excited for yet.
Moana 2 has Wicked coming out the same day. I don't think Wicked looks good but it will cut in.
Despicable Me I don't get the Minion appeal but they keep making them so they must do well.

It would be a good idea if they made a PG13 cut like they did for Deadpool 2, especially with this being the only MCU film this year.

And while they're at it they should finally make a PG13 cut for Deadpool 1 and stick it and Once upon a Deadpool on Disney Plus so the whippersnappers can get all caught up before DP&W comes out.

Omg. I'm super slow. I saw the second trailer weeks ago and it just hit me that there are heavy nods to Old Man Logan in this movie. Wonder now if Cassandra is supposed to loosely fill the role that Mysterio played in the comic arc (unless there's a crazy Jake Gyllenhaal cameo we don't know about lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"