If you could...

I am in no way a fan of war.
But to all of you guys answering the poll that say they would like to "eradicate the existence and history of" war.
The United States of America, the country you probably live in would not have come into existence if it were not for war.
Just sayin.

I would keep it all. The rapes, wars, stress, taxes, etc...All of it. The world is jaded, but taking away certain problems only leads to others.

And many of these things are inevitable. For instance, removing war from existence would mean that humanity could never exist. I mean if you are christian, then that would mean that even God would be different.

There should be "other" in this poll, As I wold like to vote for Dane Cook...

Taking away religion to eradicate war wouldn't do it, it would only take away the excuse for war. The reasons for war are far more numerous than simply "religion".

I agree. when it comes down to it, power is the main reason for war IMO. religion is used as an excuse. though I wouldn't mind eliminating the radical nutjobs of every religion out there.

We're like any species yo, that s**t is necessary. Survival of the fittest in the hizzzouse. :heart:

I could do without pedophiles though. Blow those *****es up.
Yeah.
Its not even that. When I think about it....if there wasn't such thing as violence imagine how many awesome movies we wouldn't have.

Im having second thoughts now :dry:

Taking away religion to eradicate war wouldn't do it, it would only take away the excuse for war. The reasons for war are far more numerous than simply "religion".
Thank-you.

Its kind of like the whole "religion is the root of all evil"....ermm, no. Human NATURE is the root of all evil. People are just naturally evil and religion doesn't have anything to do with it. You take away religion there will still be evil people and people will base their wars and Cultures & Customs, race, sex, etc....anything.

Yeah.
Its not even that. When I think about it....if there wasn't such thing as violence imagine how many awesome movies we wouldn't have.

Im having second thoughts now :dry:

Thank-you.

Its kind of like the whole "religion is the root of all evil"....ermm, no. Human NATURE is the root of all evil. People are just naturally evil and religion doesn't have anything to do with it. You take away religion there will still be evil people and people will base their wars and Cultures & Customs, race, sex, etc....anything.

Firstly this is a very narrow idea to assume that all humans are naturally evil and that there's no good in us.

Secondly, even if humans are naturally evil, wouldn't it be a good idea to remove from our history humanity's most evil creation, religion?

Firstly this is a very narrow idea to assume that all humans are naturally evil and that there's no good in us.

Secondly, even if humans are naturally evil, wouldn't it be a good idea to remove from our history humanity's most evil creation, religion?
I didn't say that humans have no good in them

I think there is a little of both in practically everyone. Some people are more good than others...and some are more evil than others. Of course environment also plays a role.

On your second point....I don't think humanity's most evil creation is religion. Religion is designed to bring people together, unfortunately there came a point where it all went wrong however religion is not this all evil creation as some people make it out to be. There have been plenty of good things done in the name of religion just as there has been plenty of bad things.

If one really wanted to change humanity the most reasonable thing to chose as I said would be violence. When it all comes down to it mankind needs to learn how to accept others people's religious beliefs, cultures and customs and from there to move on and hopefully better humanity

Its just ridiculous to blame it all on religion when the problem is in us. Its like we are moving nowhere.

I went with violence, because that causes many of the other issues posted in the poll.

Easy choice. Religion.

I went with the thing that could in reality.....happen.

That's easy The Goverment.
And by that I mean the real deal...the puupeteers that are running the show behind the colsed curtains. Not the puppets we have to put up with every day.

The problem with eliminating violence is that you eliminate everything else at the same time. Violence has driven the development of not only human civilization but human evolution. If you retroactively eliminate violence you eliminate the human race entirely as well as at least some of our pre-human ancestors.

I went with the thing that could in reality.....happen.

Yeah, you can eliminate taxes but you can't get rid of the history of their existence ._.

I didn't say that humans have no good in them

I think there is a little of both in practically everyone. Some people are more good than others...and some are more evil than others. Of course environment also plays a role.

On your second point....I don't think humanity's most evil creation is religion. Religion is designed to bring people together, unfortunately there came a point where it all went wrong however religion is not this all evil creation as some people make it out to be. There have been plenty of good things done in the name of religion just as there has been plenty of bad things.

If one really wanted to change humanity the most reasonable thing to chose as I said would be violence. When it all comes down to it mankind needs to learn how to accept others people's religious beliefs, cultures and customs and from there to move on and hopefully better humanity

Its just ridiculous to blame it all on religion when the problem is in us. Its like we are moving nowhere.

Okay I can concede that humans are neither completely "good" or "bad".

However getting rid of violence will only solve the problem of negative interaction. Just because we're not killing each other doesn't mean that we're getting along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"