If you had to reccomdend

Identity Crisis is good, but my choice is Batman: Long Halloween... then let the games begin...
Man I forgot Batman:The Long Halloween.That's My favorite Batman Story of all time.That's a great one too.

I'm looking for something that DOESN'T feature the big three.

Anything from Morrison's JLA. It's why I got heavy into comics and is a summary of why DC will always be better than Marvel.

52 may not be bad then. Might be confusing at first, but what book isn't?

I agree with TT from the Perez years, it's what got me reading DC in the first place.

That seems odd. If your intent is to show someone the DC universe in the hopes of converting them, why avoid the three most important characters in that universe? :huh:

Maybe to prove that the DC is more than just the big three? That it isn't a one trick pony? Honestly, I don't conisder WW part of the big three... has she really had good stories? I don't feel that way... But that's a whole other argument....

Well, if GL is too big then I can't recommend Sinestro Corps... can I recommend the re-launched JSA? The first six issues are golden. I mean, there is stuff I enjoyed but don't consider amazing. Alan Moore's Swamp Thing is one of the best runs of any super-hero comic ever, and it was in the DCU at that time. Read that.

Honestly, I don't conisder WW part of the big three... has she really had good stories? I don't feel that way... But that's a whole other argument....
It's really not an argument at all, because of Rucka's run. She has had good stories.

Perez had some good stories, too. Byrne's run is praised and vilified in about equal measure.

Maybe to prove that the DC is more than just the big three? That it isn't a one trick pony?
Exactly. It's always...

Person #1: I don't like DC.

Me: Why not?

Person #1: Because I don't like Superman, and a few comics I read from the early 60s.

:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"