What DC character would you like to see on TV?

SenseiofCheese

has been expecting you.
Reaction score
Live action, animated, mini-series or ongoing; whatever. What DC character(s) would you like to see get their own tv show?

DC has been pretty on-the-ball regarding animated shows, and they did some outstanding work with JL/JLU. But what I'd really like to see, something they understandably did not delve into in detail on the Justice League show, would be a Green Lantern series. Animated, of course, it could focus on the various members of the Corps, like the Green Lantern Corps comic. There are literally thousands of characters for them to shift focus between. Action, comedy, buddy-cop, sci-fi series that could really do some great stuff. Especially since DC is going to want to push the Green Lantern franchise into the limelight in anticipation of the movie.

As for live action, I've always felt a show focusing on Green Arrow and Black Canary could do well. Neither have powers that are CGI-heavy, so a massive budget wouldn't necessary, aside from some stunning action pieces. Green Arrow's apperance on Smallville sparked some much needed interest in a dying show, thanks in no small part to Justin Hartley's fantastic portrayal of Ollie Queen. But I wouldn't want to see THAT particular Green Arrow, IE set in the Smallville universe.
But then again, GA is getting his own movie in the form of Supermax, so we'll see how that goes.

Do you guys have any ideas for DC shows that could work?

I'd like to see a Green Lantern/Green Lantern Corps series. The Green Lantern mythos have so much potential. There are so many different sectors to deal with and a large character roster to draw from. Hal, John, Guy, Kyle, Sodam Yat, future Lantern Rond Vidar. Its such an interesting concept, and I think its easily accessible with your average audience.

My dream show would have to be an Elseworlds series. Hour long episodes featuring famous Elseworlds stories, plus new ones. I want to see an animated Gotham By Gaslight.

Justice Society of America of course The CW would never do a show about old people.
But it would be awesome!

I'd love a live action version of Shadowpact. Make it so they solve mysteries/mystical problems, but doesn't always take itselt too seriously. Very much in teh vein of Buffy or Angel with the humor.

And nowadays television is seriously lacking in talking chimps

A more serious spy/intrigue series could be Checkmate.

GCPD, it's easy to do. It's a cop show but once in a while they get a tip from a mysterious source and every now and then there's a shadow on the rooftop.

Nightwing
GCPD
or The Question

But if the WB is gonna be doing it they will all probably suck.

The Phantom Stranger
The Question
Richard Dragon

Live action Challengers of the Unknown is where it's at.

If it's GCPD, they need some metacrime... like, for instance, what if someone got sniped, but the trajectory of the bullet lead out a window into the sky (assassin with flight powers)...

i would like to see a nightwing/dick grayson show lets get more people knowing who he is people know him as robin but not nightwing think this would be great show that could last for years 1 off my fav comics out there. but cant see this ever happening has dick grayson is going to be the new batman in june.

Justice Society of America of course The CW would never do a show about old people.
But it would be awesome!

I would love to see a animated series of JSA,especially with Starman,Thom Kallor, and Black adam on the team. I have a hard time watching live action tv shows based on comic book characters.

I definitely agree about a green lantern series. And don't just focus on Hal and Stewart. Follow the adventures of Kilowog, Kyle Raynor, Guy Gardner, Mogo, Natu and other lanterns. It would be awesome to see an animated episode of the Green Lantern Corps tale "Apprentice". That was a cautionary tale for everyone, never borrow your master's power ring without permission and make cool fireworks.

Ohh and I would like to see Deathstroke show. I would play up on the distinguished gentlemen with charm and how colded he is, he has morals as to what missions he will accept. I picture him like James Bond, but with powers. I would use Teen Titans: Judas Contract for the first few episodes and just spin-off with single or two parter episodes on certain contracts he took over the years. The interactions with Wintergreen will allow for some wit here and there, so it's not just about him strategicly taking out targets.

Last edited:
green arrow and black canary
peacemaker
judomaster
richard dragon

I want to see Alan Scott on Batman: The Brave and the Bold, portrayed as Batman's childhood hero.

I'd also like a Checkmate or GCPD live-action series and a Green Lantern Corps animated series. I like cops.

A Starman cartoon based on Robinson's run done in Timm-Harris hybrid noir. As faithful as possible. And Ralph Fiennes MUST VOICE THE SHADE!

Jason Blood, The Demon (with Blood constantly trying to separate himself from Etrigan, at the same time as helping people and fighting other demons)
Deadman (sort of like a man-thing comic with Boston secretly helping reglular people each episode)

Should have been done years ago man. Really, the "Talking with David" issues would make for excellent TV.

Oh, and another idea:

Enemy Ace, animated by the same dudes who did the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs. Heck, Hans Von Hammer WAS the original Rurouni Kenshin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"