• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IGN Interview: Official Word On 'PS3' Shortage

THWIP*

Avenger
Reaction score
"at the end of the day, when people see how advanced this system is, the snags we may have encountered along the way, will quickly fade into the past."

IGN: Despite the fact that you're sticking to the "six million units by the end of the fiscal year", there have been reports that only 400,000 units will be available in North America on November 17th and 100,000 units in Japan. Are these reports true?

Dave Karraker: At a media meeting this morning in Japan, Ken Kutaragi confirmed that there would be 400,000 units at launch for North America and 100,000 units in Japan. The North American number is just below what we had available at launch for PS2 and is higher than what Microsoft had for Xbox 360. More importantly, in my mind, is that we will have 1 to 1.2 million units available by December 31 in North America. This is more than double what Xbox 360 sold through during the same period (TRST data) and should assure there aren't significant stock dips at retail.

GUESS WHAT, DAVE? YOU'VE HAD AN ENTIRE YEAR MORE THAN 'MS' DID TO GET PRODUCTION GOING........AND YOU STILL ARE ONLY BEATING 'MS'S #S, BY SAYING "F*** YOU, EUROPE", AND MAKING THEM WAIT ANOTHER 4 MONTHS! :rolleyes:

OH, AND BTW.........AT NO POINT, DID THE INTERVIEWER MENTION THE '360', OR IT'S LAUNCH #S/PROBLEMS......NOT ONE SINGLE TIME. I LOVE HOW 'SONY' JUST AUTOMATICALLY FALLS BACK TO THAT "ATTACK MODE", RATHER THAN ADDRESS THEIR OWN PROBLEMS.

Rofl.

6 MILLION?

1 to 2 Million?

400 thousand?

SONY suck with numbers :o

Gammy79 said:
Totally uncalled for to mention the 360 shortages :down

I LOVE THE QUOTE IN THE LINK I POSTED. SORRY TO TELL YOU, DAVE, BUT THE ONLY THING THAT'S GOING TO "FADE INTO THE PAST", IS 'SONY'S DOMINANCE IN THE CONSOLE MARKET. :o

sony just keeps diggin there ditch deeper and deeper

Ken should commit Hara Kiri, for being so dishonorable.:cmad:

If anyone actually thought they'd have a couple million on day one, what were you think? :confused:

Microsoft would have taken the same cheapshot, and worse, just like Sony. It's not worth getting all offended. If Sony had lower supply during the same period you can be sure Microsoft would mention out of turn, get over it guys.

Anyway I don't know if they're going to hit 6 million by the end of the fiscal year, it will depend on the diodes over everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"