Illumination's Super Mario movie

I read that Mario's game voice actor will have a cameo in this I am calling it now, he will probably be playing a character in the 'real world' outside the mushroom kingdom.

This is set in the real world.

I saw some fun fan casts for a donkey Kong movie last night. Like Anna Faris as Dixie and Kevin smith for funky kong

My mind boggled at how many different Mario game references were in this new trailer. Which was pretty awesome. Made it look pretty obvious that the filmmakers have been longtime fans of the franchise going all the way back to the very first NES game.

I'm surprised there's been no reveal of Yoshi yet though. Hoping they're saving that for the final release!
If they don't reference these, it's dead to me!

60325-hotel-mario-cd-i-front-cover.jpg

2e89bd6f72666d799288e89361875f84.png

Nice of the princess to invite us over for a picnic, (g)ay Luigi?

That newest trailer was much better. Loved the Mario Kart nod!

Pratt just sounds like Pratt and even as someone who likes the guy it feels off for Mario. But we will just have to get used to it I guess.

Would Crash go to Sony Pictures or Universal and Illumination?

Yeah. I wonder if he could voice baby bowser as well in the sequel?

Uh oh I hate to think what playing Furiosa turned her into

I will only believe that once I see physical proof of her having the time of her life playing Mario Kart. :o

Me too! I hope Universal and Nintendo goes wild with the merchandising! Especially with this movie and Super Nintendo World opening early next year.

Last edited:
I would certainly love a donkey Kong plush

They could just get lazy with it and slap the movie's logo on pre-existing merchandise like the plushes you'd find at the Nintendo store in NYC and they'd still make a ton of cash.

Let's get some Mario Kart figures based on what we get in the film!

I absolutely see Nintendo cashing in on the advertising for this movie, not just with merch they already have, but what they could rebrand and create for this film.

They could just get lazy with it and slap the movie's logo on pre-existing merchandise like the plushes you'd find at the Nintendo store in NYC and they'd still make a ton of cash.

I reckon the whole reason they’ve changed the design just slightly is to specifically have merch for the movie as well as the games. So fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"